Oral Irrigators - can you recommend a good one??

Love your electric toothbrush? Hate that yucky mouthwash? Can't live without that terrific threader floss? Got a fave canker sore remedy? Here's where you can post your opinions and reviews of specific products relating to dental hygiene and your braces. Tell others what works....and what doesn't!

Moderator: bbsadmin

LiveWire

Oral Irrigators - can you recommend a good one??

#1 Post by LiveWire »

What is the best one to buy? I posted a message about the SPAMTRONIC SPAMSONIC SPAMONAIDE SPAMSTER SPAM SPAMINATOR one and have gotten no replies at all - maybe someone out there can help me out?

Or are they not very effective?

Enjoy life to the fullest and take chances! :0)

HollyDontSpend

Waterpik

#2 Post by HollyDontSpend »

I thought my waterpik (the one with the water bucket thingy) was pretty cool. It did a good job of cleaning out my teeth, but there was always a big mess of water all over the sink. I have found that I didn't like using them that much.
Damon 2's for 18 months, removed 11/03/05

Dawn

#3 Post by Dawn »

I swear by my Hydrofloss. Got it on ebay for just over $50US.

LiveWire

Thanks for the input!

#4 Post by LiveWire »

I am still browsing to see what one I will buy.. I have decided against the SPAMTRONIC SPAMSONIC SPAMONAIDE SPAMSTER SPAM SPAMINATOR only cause they are not made in Canada and if I had a warranty or parts issue I would be out of luck... :roll: And I am holding off on the waterpik cause I have heard that they don't last that long..as well as being hard to use..

i will look into the hydrofloss...thanks again! :)

bbsadmin

#5 Post by bbsadmin »

Hydrofloss is supposed to be a lot better than others because is uses magnetic technology to reverse the polarization of the water (i.e., ionic effect) and help loosen more plaque from your teeth (break the bond of the plaque from the teeth).

In fact, there are ionic toothbrushes out there. Clinical studies say that they work.
I'm the owner/admin of this site. Had ceramic uppers, metal lowers ~3 years in my early 40's. Now in Hawley retainers at night!

LiveWire

Thanks

#6 Post by LiveWire »

Hey bbsadmin! I appreciate your input to my question and I am still contemplating which one to get if I am going to get any. My hygenist said that I have no plaque whatsoever on my teeth so not to go out and buy anything right away..just to wait and see how I made out....

Thanks again! :)

radioqueen

#7 Post by radioqueen »

Thought I'd just weigh in on this matter. I got a Waterpik a few weeks ago and it worked well, for the time it worked, but it conked out after a couple of weeks. So I returned it and got a Interplak system from Conair... and I'm liking it so far, and it is still functioning.
I find that just flossing doesn't get all the debris from my wires and brackets and it seems when I use the waterjet in addition to flossing my teeth just feel fresher.
Anyway, that's my observation for what it's worth...
No braces - retainer

LiveWire

#8 Post by LiveWire »

Hi Radioqueen!

Thanks for adding to my post...I seen that on sale at sears actually for about $44.00 or so...but it was a little bigger than I wanted...it would take up too much space on my counter in the bathroom...I really wanted something portable....but I haven't bought anything yet so thanks very much for a different suggestion... :)

Take care :lol:

fearthetenor

#9 Post by fearthetenor »

Waterpik or Hydrofloss are the two that stick out in my mind. I used a Waterpik for the 10 months that I had my palatal expander. I would still use it, but I lost it.
top braces: Jan 30, 2004
bottom braces: Apr 23, 2004
metal top & bottom

originally sentenced to 24 months
sentence extended to 36 months (minimum)!!!
tmj splint= 6 additional months (they're keeping the braces on)

gracie381

#10 Post by gracie381 »

I also went with the Interplak system from Conair. I bought it at Wal-Mart for about $30. I was just recently braced, so I haven't had a chance to use mine yet, but I have friends who have used it and loved it!
TEETH IN THE BEGINNING (OCT. '05)
TEETH NOW (Oct. 28, 2007)
Braced (uppers & lowers): 2 Years
Retainer Check: 1-18-08