Do they work?

Love your electric toothbrush? Hate that yucky mouthwash? Can't live without that terrific threader floss? Got a fave canker sore remedy? Here's where you can post your opinions and reviews of specific products relating to dental hygiene and your braces. Tell others what works....and what doesn't!

Moderator: bbsadmin

x_Ashley_x

Do they work?

#1 Post by x_Ashley_x »

I am looking in to buying a waterpik and a lip/brace gaurd. Do they work good? has anyone purchased either of them... Let me know what you think. and if they work good! thanks :-}

:pinkbraces:

tkais

#2 Post by tkais »

I have a water pik. It works great for getting out those hidden food particle that brushing alone can't reach.

SweetSheena

#3 Post by SweetSheena »

if your looking for a brace guard, you should try morgan bumpers... http://www.morganbumpers.com/[url][/url]
*~*I was here to leave my mark!*~* :)

06/2007 - Braces off
[/url]

megan_in_pink

#4 Post by megan_in_pink »

i wan think getting a watter pick, any good ones out there

cdwright

you will be shocked

#5 Post by cdwright »

at how much food etc comes out when you use the pik. Some people get portable ones to take with them for restaurants and that also.
Oh sure, I see Bart gets to have a gun. - Homer Simpson.

SweetSheena

#6 Post by SweetSheena »

I bought my Waterpik from Walgreen's and it works wonders. :D
*~*I was here to leave my mark!*~* :)

06/2007 - Braces off
[/url]

tkais

#7 Post by tkais »

When you use your water pik you must lean over the sink or the water will spray everywhere. Lean over and let the water drain out of your mouth. With a little practice you won't get wet.
I use mine after I brush.

nimo

#8 Post by nimo »

Do you still have to floss a whole lot with a waterpik? I haven't gotten my braces yet (I go in next week for my initial consultation), and I'm looking into different gadgets to get. :)

tkais

#9 Post by tkais »

I floss in the morning and waterpik at night. The ortho says my teeth are very clean and not to change my cleaning routine.

Carly58

#10 Post by Carly58 »

I bought a water pic as soon as my braces were placed on. I LOVE IT ! I use my Oral B Sonic Complete first, then the water pic. It's a great combination.

The first time I used it I did get water all over the place. You learn real fast that you need to keep your lips closed slightly and let the water dribble out over the sink.

As far as the lip guard...I haven't heard about that as of yet, but I'm still new to the braces and learning. I'm thinking I might need something like that because if I talk too much the inside of my upper lip gets raw. :lol:

Class II Overbite
Full Braces 9/28/05

metalmouth moi

water pick

#11 Post by metalmouth moi »

I love my water pick, once you master not spraying yourself in the eye lol. Purchased mine at a big box store, fairly inexpensive and definitely invaluable. It totally amazes me how much stuff I spray out even though I think I've done a good brushing job. Use mine morning and night. 8)
Moi
metal braces upper and lower May 12/05