Anyone ever use this Rota-Dent? Looks awesome.....

Love your electric toothbrush? Hate that yucky mouthwash? Can't live without that terrific threader floss? Got a fave canker sore remedy? Here's where you can post your opinions and reviews of specific products relating to dental hygiene and your braces. Tell others what works....and what doesn't!

Moderator: bbsadmin

vanity68

Anyone ever use this Rota-Dent? Looks awesome.....

#1 Post by vanity68 »

Sasha

Top ceramics on 10/14/04

Chris

#2 Post by Chris »

Yep ! I have been using it for years! Its a great product. You can buy two different type attachments, one is a round brush like an ORAL B electric and the other has the thinner brush which goes in between teeth better. Thats the one I use. :D
Top Braces June 2004
Bottom Braces November 2004
Debanded January 2007

vanity68

#3 Post by vanity68 »

Chris,

I have the oral B 3D..do you think this is better? Thanks!
Sasha

Top ceramics on 10/14/04

Chris

#4 Post by Chris »

I started out with an ORAL B electric toothbrush but my dentist recommended the RotaDent and I find that because the bristles are tapered at the end that it gets between the teeth better even more so with my brackets. I've had the RotaDent for many years now, long before braces. Of course, when I brush now with braces, I start with a regular toothbrush then use the RotaDent, then Floss, and then do my rinse with PhosFlur. :-} I also use that rubber tipped gadget in some areas wear my teeth angle funny. :roll: I tell you its quite a ritual cleaning my teeth now. AND YET, my hygienist still tells me I have some pockets that are alittle too deep (5)...what else is there to do???? :x
Top Braces June 2004
Bottom Braces November 2004
Debanded January 2007

vanity68

#5 Post by vanity68 »

Thanks Chris..sounds like we have the same ritual! LOL
Sasha

Top ceramics on 10/14/04

Steph8

#6 Post by Steph8 »

i'm sorry, off topic, but... vanity68, do you post on makeupalley? i think i recognize your screenname :D

vanity68

#7 Post by vanity68 »

Hi Steph...yep..that would be me..lol...i'm a regular there...small world..iviolet asked me the same thing..
Sasha

Top ceramics on 10/14/04

hrbatyfan

#8 Post by hrbatyfan »

I use the Rota-Dent (as recommended by my dentist when I started with braces) and I am completely pleased. I had mild gingivitis and now with the help of the Rota-Dent, regular flossing (this obviously helps hugely), and Listerine the gingivitis is gone and my teeth are in good shape six months into braces.

I have no idea how it compares to other electric toothbrushes because I've not used any others, but I'd have to guess that Rota-Dent is at least equal if not better than most on the market.

shinyteeth

#9 Post by shinyteeth »

My doc gave me the Rotadent when I got a deep cleaning on my teeth. I was told to use it along with a regular toothbrush. Usually I brush and then follow up with the Rotadent (without toothpaste). I use it to polish each tooth. I hope it will be helpful when I get my braces on.

larrybenton

Pocket Cure => CoEnzyme Q-10

#10 Post by larrybenton »

Chris wrote:I started out with an ORAL B electric toothbrush but my dentist recommended the RotaDent and I find that because the bristles are tapered at the end that it gets between the teeth better even more so with my brackets. I've had the RotaDent for many years now, long before braces. Of course, when I brush now with braces, I start with a regular toothbrush then use the RotaDent, then Floss, and then do my rinse with PhosFlur. :-} I also use that rubber tipped gadget in some areas wear my teeth angle funny. :roll: I tell you its quite a ritual cleaning my teeth now. AND YET, my hygienist still tells me I have some pockets that are alittle too deep (5)...what else is there to do???? :x
Like you, nothing I did seemed to work in healing my 5-7's... then my cardiologist recommended 100-150mg dose of Co Q-10, I've been taking 150mg a day for over a year now (no change in dental regime) and I now have nothing deeper than a 3... ooo-rah!!
Larry Benton

BraceUrself

#11 Post by BraceUrself »

I am going to get one from my Ortho after my braces are put on. I'm excited! :thumbsup: :BigTeethGrin:
Spacers-9-19-05
Top Braced-10-03-05
lowers on-10-17-05
appliance installed in mouth 10-17-05
2 extractions on 8-3-06
2 years treatment time

Dr says I won't finish on time

swan

#12 Post by swan »

I got a Rotadent at my last cleaning about two months ago. It's great.

Eating healthy is another factor for gum health. They also mentioned to me that diabetics have more trouble than others with their gums.
Metal braces from March 24, 2005 until July 30, 2007. Estimate was 18-24 months, but I had them for 28 months.

BraceUrself

#13 Post by BraceUrself »

I have a Rotodent & I LOVE it! I will not go back to just a toothbrush alone cause this thing ROCKS! I am obsessed & my husband uses it also-we are hooked! :D
Spacers-9-19-05
Top Braced-10-03-05
lowers on-10-17-05
appliance installed in mouth 10-17-05
2 extractions on 8-3-06
2 years treatment time

Dr says I won't finish on time