Cheaper electric toothbrush?

Love your electric toothbrush? Hate that yucky mouthwash? Can't live without that terrific threader floss? Got a fave canker sore remedy? Here's where you can post your opinions and reviews of specific products relating to dental hygiene and your braces. Tell others what works....and what doesn't!

Moderator: bbsadmin

genxsis

Cheaper electric toothbrush?

#1 Post by genxsis »

I've read much about the Sonicare brush on this forum, but when I went to the store to see it, I was astounded at the $100 price tag! Then I saw the cheaper electrics for $20, and all the way down to $5. They seem like the same thing: An electric motor spinning a circular brush head. Am I missing something here?

Would a $5 electric, or a $20 one be much better than a regular brush? Or is there something about Sonicare that I don't know about that would make it worthwhile?

I don't have my braces yet, but am about to start the process. Really scared at this point and want to make it as pain-free as possible!

R-A-M-O-N-E-S

Re: Cheaper electric toothbrush?

#2 Post by R-A-M-O-N-E-S »

genxsis wrote:I've read much about the Sonicare brush on this forum, but when I went to the store to see it, I was astounded at the $100 price tag! Then I saw the cheaper electrics for $20, and all the way down to $5. They seem like the same thing: An electric motor spinning a circular brush head. Am I missing something here?

Would a $5 electric, or a $20 one be much better than a regular brush? Or is there something about Sonicare that I don't know about that would make it worthwhile?

I don't have my braces yet, but am about to start the process. Really scared at this point and want to make it as pain-free as possible!
Try ebay for sonicare
My mom got both of ours there for a good price :D
Braced Sept-27-05

TuZZi

#3 Post by TuZZi »

ebay ebay ebay. I just got my Oral B 8850 DLX for $50 CDN including shipping from the USA. There's tons of toothbrushes on there, and if you're lucky, you can get one for around the same price I did.
http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=6100
Full On Metal! Aug 31, 2005
4 Bicuspids extracted Sept 26-27 2005
Disbanded n loving it - June 12, 2007!

genxsis

#4 Post by genxsis »

Lucyloop:

I've got decay/erosion problems too! Dentist says that's why I need braces. But braces make it even harder to keep teeth clean, so I wonder if I'll defeat the purpose with them. A good brush will give me all the help I desperately need!

And thank you ALL for your input!