Dead Waterpik

Love your electric toothbrush? Hate that yucky mouthwash? Can't live without that terrific threader floss? Got a fave canker sore remedy? Here's where you can post your opinions and reviews of specific products relating to dental hygiene and your braces. Tell others what works....and what doesn't!

Moderator: bbsadmin

Nikkiekoala

Dead Waterpik

#1 Post by Nikkiekoala »

I had my waterpik for 3 1/2 months and it died last night :? I've been reading that others have experienced the same thing with their waterpiks. I have been also reading that others here have been using the Interplak by Conair so I went out and bought one today. Those who have the Interplak please tell me it is going strong. Is it?????

Braced Aug. 11th 2005
Damon 3's
Crowding
Crossbite
**My Website: http://nikkiekoala.efx2blogs.com/

calley03

#2 Post by calley03 »

I have a interplak, I just got it Monday when I got braced, my ortho recommends it and sells it for about half price (20.00) through their office. I know i have only had it a few days, but it seems stong so far, and it must be pretty good if my ortho sells them. Good luck with yours, i love mine so far....
Impressions on 12/5/05
Full Braces(ceramic top, metal bottom) 12/19/05

Nikkiekoala

#3 Post by Nikkiekoala »

I tried out my new Interplak last night. I have to say I prefer the Waterpik. It has a stronger stream and pulsates more. I use Colgates mouth rinse (the blue one that leaves blue stuff on your braces) after I rinse I use my waterpik to remove the blue stuff that is stuck. The waterpik removes all the stuff just fine but the Interplak did not :cry: . Not to mention the water resevoire is too small so I have to refill to finish. I just may go ahead and exchange my broken waterpik and get a new one. I have contacted waterpik about it so we will see.

Braced Aug. 11th 2005
Damon 3's
Crowding
Crossbite
**My Website: http://nikkiekoala.efx2blogs.com/

Lucifina

#4 Post by Lucifina »

I have had my Interplak for about a month and it is still going strong. My dad always had a Waterpik though. He had to replace them throughout the years but he always stuck to that brand I do think he had to replace them that often. I just went w/interplak because it got great reviews on epinions amd Waterpik did not. I do have to have it turned up to 7 though :?
~Luci~ Image
It will all be worth it in the end!
UpdatedSiteImage

Jodster

#5 Post by Jodster »

I have an interplak, and though it didn't die, it suddenly lost ALOT of it's power, so a 7 now pulsates like a 3 or 4. I am going to get a Waterpik!!
^!^!^!^!^!^!^!^!^!^!^!^!^!^

Ceramic Uppers 9/6/05; metal lowers 11/8/05
4 bicuspids removed 10/26/05

33 y.o. male whose parents couldn't afford braces as a teen---and YES, I TOO AM OBSESSED!!

cdwright

pik

#6 Post by cdwright »

My water pik is getting sent in, the handle just split and it leaks. Had it for about 3 months.
Oh sure, I see Bart gets to have a gun. - Homer Simpson.

genxsis

#7 Post by genxsis »

I have an Interplak which I've had a few weeks now with no problems. I hope things stay that way for the next 2 years at least!
Our words drift away. Our words journey to find those who will listen. It may be our words become lost. It may be our words find nothing, find no one. We call out into the distance.... --"Roma Ryan"

cdwright

Re: Dead Waterpik

#8 Post by cdwright »

Nikkiekoala wrote:I had my waterpik for 3 1/2 months and it died last night :? I've been reading that others have experienced the same thing with their waterpiks. I have been also reading that others here have been using the Interplak by Conair so I went out and bought one today. Those who have the Interplak please tell me it is going strong. Is it?????

Mine died after about 9. The warranty should be two years. Go to there website and send an email to their warranty department. They shoud be able to help you.
Oh sure, I see Bart gets to have a gun. - Homer Simpson.

Grandpatty

#9 Post by Grandpatty »

My Waterpik Cordless died this morning. I have had it 6 months. I just called Waterpik customer service and they are sending me a new one...immediately. I don't even have to send back the old one.