Crest Pro Health

Love your electric toothbrush? Hate that yucky mouthwash? Can't live without that terrific threader floss? Got a fave canker sore remedy? Here's where you can post your opinions and reviews of specific products relating to dental hygiene and your braces. Tell others what works....and what doesn't!

Moderator: bbsadmin

calley03

Crest Pro Health

#1 Post by calley03 »

Has anyone tried the new Crest Pro Health. I bought a bottle and am not happy at all. The mouthwash klumps up on my teeth and I have to rebrush my teeth after I rinse. I don't think it is worth using. Let me know if it is just me, personally I am going to start using Listerine again I know it works.
Impressions on 12/5/05
Full Braces(ceramic top, metal bottom) 12/19/05

JN_Woods

#2 Post by JN_Woods »

This came up a while back when this first came out. I also disliked this mouthwash, as did many other Archwired members. It clumped badly on me BEFORE the braces so there was no way I was trying it after I got my braces on. The clumping was the mouthwash adhering to bacteria in your mouth, if I remember correctly.

I was using Listerine, but I've heard that it is too drying, so if you need a separate mouthwash only use it at night.

Jen

Upper Braces & Both Expanders 9/14/05
Lower Braces 1/5/06
Estimated Treatment Time: 24-27 months

calley03

#3 Post by calley03 »

I read that post now, thank you. So I may try and use it before I brush from now on and see how that goes. Has anyone had good luck using this for a while?
Impressions on 12/5/05

calley03

#4 Post by calley03 »

I read that post now, thank you. So I may try and use it before I brush from now on and see how that goes. Has anyone had good luck using this for a while?
Impressions on 12/5/05

CelestialVoices

#5 Post by CelestialVoices »

I've used Crest Pro Health for a while now and have found that it doesn't burn like Listerine does and it's not drying at all.

Nikkiekoala

#6 Post by Nikkiekoala »

I use Crest Pro Health every night. I really like the taste and it doesn't burn. It does leave blue klumps on my teeth but I use my Waterpik after I rinse and it power washes the klumps off.

Braced Aug. 11th 2005
Damon 3's
Crowding
Crossbite
**My Website: http://nikkiekoala.efx2blogs.com/

bbsadmin

#7 Post by bbsadmin »

There was another previous thread on this subject. That mouthwash left blue clumps on my teeth as well.

An alternative product which kills germs and does not burn is Biotene mouthwash. It is available in most large drugstores. It has a a pleasant peppermint taste.
I'm the owner/admin of this site. Had ceramic uppers, metal lowers ~3 years in my early 40's. Now in Hawley retainers at night!

CelestialVoices

#8 Post by CelestialVoices »

Is it expensive?