? about oral irrigators...

Love your electric toothbrush? Hate that yucky mouthwash? Can't live without that terrific threader floss? Got a fave canker sore remedy? Here's where you can post your opinions and reviews of specific products relating to dental hygiene and your braces. Tell others what works....and what doesn't!

Moderator: bbsadmin

DawnInCali

? about oral irrigators...

#1 Post by DawnInCali »

I am in the market for an oral irrigator, but am very skeptical about which one to purchase. I have read so many horror stories about the Waterpik and the SPAMTRONIC SPAMSONIC SPAMONAIDE SPAMSTER SPAM SPAMINATOR brands.
Could you all give me some advise on which one to purchase, please???!!!!

I have ceramic uppers and metal lowers. Six months in, two years to go. I want to feel as clean as possible!! :D
WITH FAITH, ANYTHING IS POSSIBLE...

genxsis

#2 Post by genxsis »

Well Dawn,
I have a Interplak water irrigator by Conair that I bought at Wal-Mart. I've been braced for a little over 2 weeks now and I use mine after brushing at night. It's kind of like those hoses that let you use pressure at a self-serve carwash, only this is for your teeth. It uses high water pressure to knock food particles off your teeth (and between them) where it's hard to get to with a brush. When you have braces, there are so many corners and places that are almost impossible to get to with a brush, so an oral irrigator is a good thing to have.

bbsadmin

#3 Post by bbsadmin »

There are also oral irrigators you can hook up directly to your sink faucet. OralBreeze.com sells a few of them.
I'm the owner/admin of this site. Had ceramic uppers, metal lowers ~3 years in my early 40's. Now in Hawley retainers at night!

Lucifina

#4 Post by Lucifina »

I have the Interplak water irrigator by Conair and I like it a lot. I use mine twice a day. I will use it pre brush to blast out all the bits and then when I am done brushing I like to rise w/it as well. I do this morning and night. I read the reviews on epinions and it had a good rating so I got it and I have not been disappointed yet. I've only had it since 12/2005. But I don't expect it to last forever either...It is also pretty cheap I think about $25.00 so I figure if I use it to death it is money well spent :D
~Luci~ Image
It will all be worth it in the end!
UpdatedSiteImage