Run a waterpik dry?

Love your electric toothbrush? Hate that yucky mouthwash? Can't live without that terrific threader floss? Got a fave canker sore remedy? Here's where you can post your opinions and reviews of specific products relating to dental hygiene and your braces. Tell others what works....and what doesn't!

Moderator: bbsadmin

genxsis

Run a waterpik dry?

#1 Post by genxsis »

For those who own an oral irrigator,

Is it safe to run it until it runs out of water? That means it will run for a second or two dry until I can shut it off. I notice that the motor speeds up when the water runs out and I'm not sure if I'm doing any damage by doing it this way. I just put about a 3/4 cup of warm water in it at the beginnning and use it until it runs dry.

Is this the right way to use it? The instructions are mute on the subject.

BTW, it's a Conair Interplak from Wal-Mart.

jcdamon3

#2 Post by jcdamon3 »

I have an interplak and I run it dry all the time too. As soon as I hear it run out I switch it off. I have been doing this pretty consistently for about 7 months so I would be willing to bet it won't hurt it.

genxsis

#3 Post by genxsis »

Thank you guys! I guess I won't worry about it then. It sure is nice to use this thing to blast away at whatever I may have missed while brushing and flossing!
Our words drift away. Our words journey to find those who will listen. It may be our words become lost. It may be our words find nothing, find no one. We call out into the distance.... --"Roma Ryan"