FlossAID? You've GOT to be kidding me!

Love your electric toothbrush? Hate that yucky mouthwash? Can't live without that terrific threader floss? Got a fave canker sore remedy? Here's where you can post your opinions and reviews of specific products relating to dental hygiene and your braces. Tell others what works....and what doesn't!

Moderator: bbsadmin

CelestialVoices

FlossAID? You've GOT to be kidding me!

#1 Post by CelestialVoices »

My ortho included (among other things) a packet of these floss threaders called Flossaid, and they look like little plastic needles. I guess you're supposed to thread them as you would a needle, but then what? First off, I couldn't even get them threaded and how do they help you floss your teeth? I'm not saying I'm going to give up on using them...I'd just like to know HOW to use them.
Thanks all,
CV
P.S. (Man do I miss my Reach Access Flosser) :( Sure I can use that up top where I don't have braces yet, but the bottom, I'm stupefied as how to floss my bottom teeth that have braces.
Last edited by CelestialVoices on Sat Jan 28, 2006 9:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

CelestialVoices

#2 Post by CelestialVoices »

Thanks Meryaten, I'll try those methods. At least i can use my Reach Access Flosser still on my top teeth because they aren't braced (yet)!

CelestialVoices

#3 Post by CelestialVoices »

They're a pain in the butt! Grrrr......(sorry that's the Tiger coming out of me) ;)

cdwright

just get

#4 Post by cdwright »

those thread things are a pain. Do yourself a favor and get the glide threader floss. It is individually wrapped pre cut pieces that have a threader built in.

This way you can throw a box in your bag for travel, a few in your purse and not have to worry about keeping, washing a threader on you all the time.

I think Target sells them for like 3 bucks for a box of 30.

I do like the Denticator handle and tapered brushes Lynn sells as well. They work very well in getting between brackets. I tried the straight brushes and I do not know if i had a bad batch or what but after pulling 10 or so of the brush/wire part out of the plastic part that attaches to the handle, I refused to use them anymore. Good thing I ordered a pack of tapered as well.
Oh sure, I see Bart gets to have a gun. - Homer Simpson.

CelestialVoices

#5 Post by CelestialVoices »

Hmm, I might try those Glide threaders, right now all I use is my proxibrush....is that enough?

cdwright

sorry to say but no

#6 Post by cdwright »

CelestialVoices wrote:Hmm, I might try those Glide threaders, right now all I use is my proxibrush....is that enough?
The floss and proxibrush are in addition to other things.
My routine is this:
Brush with tooth brush
Use smaller round brush to get in between brackets
Floss
Rinse -which used to be be with water pik but that broke.
Brush with Fluoride gel.

Hope that helps.
Oh sure, I see Bart gets to have a gun. - Homer Simpson.

PnkPrincess024

#7 Post by PnkPrincess024 »

i dont understand how using a thread is hard.
i use the Eez-Thru floss threader with crest glide floss.
it seems easy to me: take floss, put it in the large whole of the threader and put it between the brachets, then up down 6 times.
whats with all the complaints as if its rocket science.