TEETH WHITENING PRODUCTS

Love your electric toothbrush? Hate that yucky mouthwash? Can't live without that terrific threader floss? Got a fave canker sore remedy? Here's where you can post your opinions and reviews of specific products relating to dental hygiene and your braces. Tell others what works....and what doesn't!

Moderator: bbsadmin

yankee boy

TEETH WHITENING PRODUCTS

#1 Post by yankee boy »

Hey well im about 1 1/2 years into braces and im pretty excited about getting them off, and the first things im gonna do is buy some whitening stuff for my teeth. Not to say I have cheese colored teeth. I just want my teeth to be real white to go with my dark tan comming over the summer and when i come backt to school :o . So im just wondering do you guys recommend any good teeth whitening products where you had excellent results? I heard Crest White Strips are excellent but I also heard of the New Klear Action Whitening Light on TV..It can whiten your teeth up to 10 shades in 1 hour I saw it on TV..costs about 130 dollars though...but it made the ppl's teeth look awesome..any suggestions? :roll:

#2 Post by Guest »

Hi Yankee Boy and welcome :D - I read in your other post you are new to the forum. I copied this location off of Archwired.com, if you are interested.

http://www.archwired.com/tooth_whitening.htm

Good luck as you finish the first leg of your braces journey.

yankee boy

#3 Post by yankee boy »

Thnx very much I guess Crest White Strips will be my choice, But that whitening light looks so tempting on TV i dunnoo

Kathy in VA

#4 Post by Kathy in VA »

To date I've tried Crest Whitestrips, Rembrandt 2 hour white, and Zoom! Weekender. The whitestrips work, but they tend to slide around on your teeth, they take several weeks to work, and they make your teeth sensitive. The Rembrandt didn't work at all.

I got the Zoom! gel from the Z whitening store on Ebay. You can get it from many other places online as well (dentist.net comes to mind, although they are more expensive). It is the same stuff the dentist will charge you $500 for, but you can get it for about $64 online. The dentists must put a tremendous markup on it. They justify the additional cost by the fact that they supervise the process, but I didn't find that any supervision was necessary. I used it with trays that my dentist made, but you can get them online as well. If you get them online, you will be sent the putty and trays and will make the impressions yourself. You send the impressions back to the company and within two weeks, they send you back custom-made trays. I found that the Zoom! gel works fast (I got noticeably white teeth with one week of nightly wear), doesn't cause sensitivity, and with the custom made trays, it is easy to do since the trays stay in place.

I don't know about the Klear Action. I tend to be really skeptical about things I see on infomercials.
Braced 35 months - March 2002 to February 2005.

yankee boy

#5 Post by yankee boy »

I just saw that Teeth Whitening light on TV again called Klear Action at Thane.com my mom said we can get it and if it doesnt work we can return it im so excited to get braces off. Theres only one thing im worried about is how long my white smile will last with the Klear Action light? Im gonna go call the 1-800 Ill tell you guys about it if you interested about hearing it yourself the number is 1-800-424-0044. If this doesnt work Ill stick with the white strips.

jacehubert

#6 Post by jacehubert »

Hey Yankee Boy,
I have tried 2 whitening things. Crest Night Effects, and Rembrandt 7 days stuff. I absolutley love the Crest Night Effects. I noticed the whiteness after 2 nights and have been using it since. It wears off,(the whitenss) after about 2 months. They really are worth it though. They were $8 here in Hawaii, and are worth it!!!! Maybe if that stuff you got doesn't help, try it!!!!

Good Luck
* Braced on St. Patrick's Day 2005 *
~ 30-36 months! ~
Hilo, Hawaii

http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/ ... /event.png

Opp

#7 Post by Opp »

If you could post some more info yankee it would be appreciated. This infomercial also interested me, but I've found very little information about the product on the internet. $90 is a pretty hefty price for a product I really don't know too much about. They say it's FDA approved though, and it seems to have amazing results. I would just like a little more assurance.

yankee boy

#8 Post by yankee boy »

I ordered the informational product about 2 weeks ago and it should come soon and when it does ill post some info about it

Opp

#9 Post by Opp »

Any info?

#10 Post by Guest »

Just thought I should add to this topic since my local news affiliate just did a feature on this product. Basically, the thing that set this all aside, the Klear light, was what they were focusing on. They showed a professional one from inside a dentist's office and the light looked like an intergalactic beacon... the one in the Klear Kit would have trouble passing as a night light. Then they had a dentist talk about it and he didn't deny that it will whiten, but not because of the light... it'll just do as well as the other "paint on" whiteners.

They also had one of the show's producers try it out and you have to rinse w/ a special mouthwash, paint on the product, use the light for 2 minutes, clean it all out, and repeat this NINE more times. In the end, it only whitened her two front teeth. They contacted the company and their only response was that she probably didn't hold the light close enough... I saw her do it... that light was all up in there.

Just thought I should share in case anyone was still interested. It's not worth the ninety-some dollars.

rockexrolloh

#11 Post by rockexrolloh »

Any Crest product is amazing. I've used the Crest White Strips and Night Effects. I noticed a difference the next day. A girl came into work and her teeth were so white it was the first thing I noticed, so I asked her what she uses. She told me she uses Crest White Strips once a year and her teeth stay white. They really do work. They usually send out coupons in the mail too.

johnnys_angel

#12 Post by johnnys_angel »

rockxrolloh, i totally agree! i use the whitestrips premium every once in awhile and the Vividwhite toothpaste twice a day...amazing! People have asked me who I had whiten my teeth, and when I tell them I did it for thirty dollars from the store they are like :shock: .. :lol:
Damon 2's top and bottom, BRACED 02/22/04 and REMOVED 08/29/05. Now in bonded retainers (top and bottom) :4 wisdom teeth surgically removed on 12/22/05:

ItsGavinC

#13 Post by ItsGavinC »

The home light system cannot possibly work. It has been proven in our scientific literature that the lights used in dental offices do NOT aid in the whitening process. They DO dry the teeth out, which makes them look whiter, but the light does NOT accelerate the whitening process.

Whitening trays without a light and trays with a light, assuming the same material is used, will whiten at the same rate.

For those looking for good results over a 1-2 month period, without spending much money, Crest Whitestrips are the way to go. They are cheap and work well. You may have to use two boxes to achieve results you want. The downside is that they don't whiten all the teeth (only the social ones in the front).

If you have more money and want a better whitening action, I recommend seeing a dentist, having custom trays made, and using at home bleaching gel. The trays are typically worn for 2-3 weeks (at night), and the results are great.

For a quicker effect, use an in-office bleaching (such as Zoom!--but remember that the light doesn't do anything!) and then follow-up with home whitening trays.

rockexrolloh

#14 Post by rockexrolloh »

ItsGavin, have you ever tried Zoom!? I'm going to a new dentist next month and he offers free Zoom! whitening for new patients. Love to know if it really works though.

Jadey

#15 Post by Jadey »

I have a custom made mouthguard (for field hockey), would that work as a tray? I guess that still leaves the lower set... haven't asked my dentist how much it cost to make a tray yet but would one of those boil-and-bite mouthguards work as a cheap alternative?