Electri cToothbrushes

Love your electric toothbrush? Hate that yucky mouthwash? Can't live without that terrific threader floss? Got a fave canker sore remedy? Here's where you can post your opinions and reviews of specific products relating to dental hygiene and your braces. Tell others what works....and what doesn't!

Moderator: bbsadmin

Iceolated

Electri cToothbrushes

#1 Post by Iceolated »

Okay, I'm going blind on here reading through past months and years of toothbrush reviews.

I have it narrowed down to four models. Price is perhaps the least important consideration. Since we are spending $5100 on the braces a $120 electric brush is only 2.3% of that and a great investment, I think. My main considerations have been features, as well as availablity of brush heads in my area.

Here are my final choices.

Oral-B Sonic Complete
Oral-B Professional Care 7000

Sonicare Elite 7300
Sonicare Essence 5500

I chose the two Oral-b models because of their quadrant features - the 7000 also has two speeds

In the Sonicare modles I get two speeds and the quadrant timers - although at a more expensive price.

I would value any input at all.

Cheers,

Ice.

Metal uppers May 2, 2006
Metal lowers September 12, 2006
Finally Nekkid July 11, 2007

With braces - pain is gain...

Some things money can't buy.
Thank God great looking teeth aren't one of them.

“But to see her was to love her, Love but her, and love foreverâ€

jaswi

#2 Post by jaswi »

I love my elite 7300, think its worth every penny. Haven't tried the others.
I do say with my brush, I love how its rather small and makes it alot easier for me to get my molars and wisdom teeth.

kirst1583

#3 Post by kirst1583 »

Jaswi, I'm really glad you bought this up.

I've also been sifting through all the old posts in the past couple of days trying to work out which toothbrush to buy!

I want one for when I get my braces removed in a months time. At the moment I just use a soft kids toothbrush and a colgate battery powered one. I didn't buy an expensive one because I find with braces the bristles get worn out real quick!

I like the look of the Oral B Sonic. The brush heads are really expensive though and that's what worries me. I don't mind the initial cost.
Does anyone know how often they would need replacing?

Thanks! :)

Dark_angel

#4 Post by Dark_angel »

I have the oral b sonic complete and i love it. My teeth have become whiter and some of the stains have been removed. I like the timer on it, the battery life is good and the heads are cheaper and smaller than those for the sonicare.

However the massage function on the complete model is a bit of a waste so I'd reccomend just buying the normal model.

I think it will be even better when i get my braces off.

kirst1583

#5 Post by kirst1583 »

Thanks Dark_angel.
I had wondered whether it was worth the extra money for the 3 mode. It seems to be quite a significant difference in price!
Now that I know it isn't really worth it I might start looking around and comparing prices.
Thanks again :wink:

Samantha08

#6 Post by Samantha08 »

I just bought a 6 dollar Crest Spinbrush, and I love it!! My dentist said that I was doing a great job cleaning with the regular toothbrush, but a spinbrush would be even better. He said not to worry about buying the expensive kinds.
Estimated Time: 15-18 months

Flora2006

#7 Post by Flora2006 »

I have an Oral-B electric toothbrush that costed about 50$. I love it.

~~~~~~

Ceramic top braces: January 9th, 2006
Metal bottom braces: May 1st, 2006

Betty Bat

#8 Post by Betty Bat »

Samantha08 -

I had a Crest Spinbrush (got it from my ortho in my "goodie bag"). It was good, but I found that I was replacing the batteries about every two weeks. How often are you replacing yours?

I upgraded to a Sonicare 7300, because of the batteries and because my first post-braces cleaning wasn't very good. I must be a plaque-factory. My dental hygenist recommended the 7300; she had one when she was in braces. I got it on Ebay at a pretty good price.

I liked the Spinbrush and use it as a backup when I travel (still not ready to trust the Sonicare without keeping it in the charger). But, there's a world of difference between the Spinbrush and the Sonicare for me. I like the Spinbrush, but I LOVE the Sonicare.

jcdamon3

#9 Post by jcdamon3 »

But, there's a world of difference between the Spinbrush and the Sonicare for me. I like the Spinbrush, but I LOVE the Sonicare.
I have to agree with this comment since I have had both as well. I wouldn't part with my Sonicare.

I don't keep it in the charger all the time -- just when it needs charging. It goes for 2 weeks, so taking it on vacation would not be an issue for me. Most of my vacations are pretty short anyway. When the charger sound beeps to indicate that it needs charging I make it go for about another 3-4 days to make sure it is getting fully discharged before charging it back up.

I may take mine on vacation with me and just bring a back up toothbrush in case.
Braced on 8/05 - Braces off 12/06
Mid Forties!

Samantha08

#10 Post by Samantha08 »

Betty Bat--

I have had my Spinbrush for about a month or so now :) Im pretty pleased with it, but I've never really had a hard time with my teeth. I dont drink carbonated drinks and I'm not prone to cavities or anything, so it works just fine for me. I love it way better than a regular toothbrush though! Do you have a waterpik also? I bought one and its great!! Makes me feel really clean!
Estimated Time: 15-18 months

ragingseas

#11 Post by ragingseas »

I just got the oral b turbo i think it's called. it comes with multiple speeds and several heads. I have to say I haven't been able to use it, it's too powerful since I got extractions and spacers and now braces. Loved it before all of that stuff and probably will go back to it and soon as I'm more adjusted. But my main piece of advice is that I got it on e-bay. This toothbrush retails for about $150 and I got it "Buy it Now - no bidding or waiting - new in the box for $48 including shipping. If you can wait a few days, it's worth a look when you know what you want. good luck!

sjsarre

#12 Post by sjsarre »

I have the Oral B Professional and its brilliant.

Iceolated

#13 Post by Iceolated »

So I was in Target in Eden Prarie on Saturday night and they had the Oral-B Sonic Complete S-320 Deluxe on Sale for $99. $20 off from $119. It also had a $10 rebate which brings the final price to $89.

Probably could have got it cheaper elsewhere, but I really liked this model and Target had them on display so I could see them out of the box.

It's charging as we speak and tonight I'll mount it on the wall. Tomorrow is my big day - 23 hours and counting......

Metal uppers May 2, 2006
Metal lowers September 12, 2006
Finally Nekkid July 11, 2007

With braces - pain is gain...

Some things money can't buy.
Thank God great looking teeth aren't one of them.

“But to see her was to love her, Love but her, and love foreverâ€

Sweet04Mom

Ooo, I love my Orawave power brush!

#14 Post by Sweet04Mom »

Since everyone's sharing their favorites, I'll tell you mine. It's the Orawave TwinSpin. It has two oscillating heads and a two-minute timer. Plus, it was totally within my budget. No coupons needed!

Check it out at http://www.orawave.com

jzaboo

#15 Post by jzaboo »

I love my Sonicare. I've had it for two years, and never had a problem. I think the main thing is to buy one, if for nothing else but the timer feature. It seems like 2 minutes is forever to brush your teeth, without the timer, I think I would brush about 30 seconds.