Has anyone tried Rembrandt Toothpaste for Canker Sores?

Love your electric toothbrush? Hate that yucky mouthwash? Can't live without that terrific threader floss? Got a fave canker sore remedy? Here's where you can post your opinions and reviews of specific products relating to dental hygiene and your braces. Tell others what works....and what doesn't!

Moderator: bbsadmin

momof2girls

Has anyone tried Rembrandt Toothpaste for Canker Sores?

#1 Post by momof2girls »

Hi! I am new here! I have been lurking for about a week or so reading everything I can get my hands on about braces! I get my braces put on Next Friday.
I had a question about Rembrandt Toothpaste for Canker Sores. I have recently been reading reviews about it on DrugStore.com and I was wondering if anyone here has tried it. It is pretty expensive, but I get canker sores already without braces and if it works it would be worth the money!
Any input would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks,
Charmaine

Dark_angel

#2 Post by Dark_angel »

I dont suffer from canker sores but ive read somewhere on here that it has worked for some people. Try doing a search to get more info.

jaswi

#3 Post by jaswi »

I constantly get canker sores. The best toothpaste I've found is crest baking soda and peroxide(its the baking soda that takes care of the sores). Brushing twice a day with that, I haven't had a canker sore in months, miss a day and boom i get sores.

momof2girls

Thanks!

#4 Post by momof2girls »

Thanks for the responses. Is the Crest Toothpaste you use also Whitening? Is that ok to use with braces?
Thanks,
Charmaine

momof2girls

Thanks!

#5 Post by momof2girls »

Thanks for clearing that up for me!
Charmaine

mgigi

#6 Post by mgigi »

I used to get canker sores a lot, but I have been fotunate and have only had one since my braces went on (3/30). I have been using biotene toothpaste off and on, and that seemed to help a lot. I'm not kidding, at one point I could have as many as 4-5 canker sores at the same time, but now I rarely get them. Good luck!
Maria

KittyW

#7 Post by KittyW »

Hi, I've used the Rembrandt for canker sores (long before I got the braces). The key is finding a toothpaste with NO Sodium Laureth Sulfate in it. The Rembrandt is one of the very few that doesn't have it. The SLS is an irritant and aggravates the canker sores. It definitely helps! :D
Damon 3 - Dec. 7th, 2004
17.5 month duration
Debanded, gorgeous smile on May 16, 2006

sjsarre

#8 Post by sjsarre »

Sorry if I sound a bit silly but what are Canker sores?? Are they the same as ulcers in the mouth?

sjsarre

#9 Post by sjsarre »

Ahhh thanks for that.. Yes I was certain that was what people were on about but wanted to double check :lol:

Yes, the English Language is funny.. :D

I used to suffer quite badly from Mouth ulcers / sores but was told that they are usually related to some deficiancy in the body. In my case it was Vitamin B12 and Iron.

Since taking supplements as advised by the doctor I haven't had a reoccurance for over a year. And even if I hurt my mouth accidentally I don't get one where as before I was destined to get one!!

It might be wise if people do suffer from them frequently, to visit the doctor.