Water jet life spans

Love your electric toothbrush? Hate that yucky mouthwash? Can't live without that terrific threader floss? Got a fave canker sore remedy? Here's where you can post your opinions and reviews of specific products relating to dental hygiene and your braces. Tell others what works....and what doesn't!

Moderator: bbsadmin

genxsis

Water jet life spans

#1 Post by genxsis »

Ok, I've been reading alot here about how peoples' water jet devices are dying on them after 3 months or 9 months, but it doesn't seem right. Are there ANY water jets that last longer than that? I have a Con Air Interplak and I've been in braces about 4 months now, and I need it to keep working for my 2 or 2 1/2 year stay in braces. I don't want to be buying a new one every 6 months or so because they keep breaking!

A word to the manufacturers: Make something that lasts! That's all we want! Other things last for years, so why don't water jets?
Our words drift away. Our words journey to find those who will listen. It may be our words become lost. It may be our words find nothing, find no one. We call out into the distance.... --"Roma Ryan"

jcdamon3

#2 Post by jcdamon3 »

I know it stinks. I have one too. It has been going for 9 months now. We will see how it goes. Sometimes I think it is going to break because is seems pretty cheap.

The way I look at it is that I spent $30.00 on it and if it dies I will buy another one, or I will buy an OralBreeze (see sponsor on Archwired.com). I guess if they wanted to charge $100.00 for it and guarantee it for 2 years that would work for me. So what would you rather do? Pay the big bucks and get a guarantee or pay hardly anything and take your chances? It all comes out in the end.... For me the $30.00 has been the best money I have spent so far while in braces. The other thing is my Sonicare which I will not give up when the braces come off. The Interplak is going in the garbage the day my braces come off! :-)
Braced on 8/05 - Braces off 12/06
Mid Forties!

genxsis

#3 Post by genxsis »

It seems strange to me that a waterjet should cost either $30 or $100. All it is is a motorized water squirter! I'm surprised the companies can't make something that's so simple last for as long as it should. I have devices around the house that are far more complicated mechanically that last for many years. My VCR is one example.
Our words drift away. Our words journey to find those who will listen. It may be our words become lost. It may be our words find nothing, find no one. We call out into the distance.... --"Roma Ryan"

jcdamon3

#4 Post by jcdamon3 »

I don't know about you but we have a huge amount of minerals in our water which tend to clog up the pipes and things here with deposits. Appliances like this don't stand a chance. I don't think the manufacturers have any control over this which is why they can't really warranty there products for very long.
Braced on 8/05 - Braces off 12/06
Mid Forties!

Michal

#5 Post by Michal »

I bought an Oral Breeze and just love it. No moving parts to break and didn't cost me an arm and a leg either.

3M Clarity up front, rest metal--20 Jan 2006
Debraced 20 Apr 2007, 15 months total in Braces