when to floss

Love your electric toothbrush? Hate that yucky mouthwash? Can't live without that terrific threader floss? Got a fave canker sore remedy? Here's where you can post your opinions and reviews of specific products relating to dental hygiene and your braces. Tell others what works....and what doesn't!

Moderator: bbsadmin

Jillianleab

#16 Post by Jillianleab »

Morning:
Rinse with plain water
Brush with regular toothpaste

Snacks/lunch:
Depends on where I am and what I eat. Usually rinse, sometimes brush with regular toothpaste

Nightly routine:
Rinse with plain water
Floss
Interdental
Rinse with plain water
Brush with prescription flouride toothpaste
~~ wait at least 30 mins, and if still awake....
Rinse with saltwater
~jlb~

Braced 5/19/06 - Full Metal Mouth!
Went topless 07/27/07!
Totally NAKED 08/30/07!

See my braces story with lots of pics here:
http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtop ... 2806#92806

niknikc

#17 Post by niknikc »

FLOSS

BRUSH

MOUTHWASH (AM) OR BRUSH WITH COLGATE PREVIDENT FLUORIDE GEL (PM)

MY DENTIST'S OFFICE ALWAYS TOLD ME TO FLOSS FIRST THEN TO BRUSH TO GET THE CRUD OFF LIKE THAT...GUESS IT'S WHATEVER FLOATS YOUR BOAT AS LONG AS IT WORKS! LOL

OK...ON INTERDENTAL BRUSHES...HOW OFTEN DO YOU USE THEM AND HOW DO YOU USE THEM...I WAS KINDA LEFT IN THE DARK ON THEM.

niknikc

#18 Post by niknikc »

Sorry about the all caps, everything here in law enforcement has to be in them and after about 5 years of it straight I tend to forget to turn them off! :oops: I still do it in my homework sometimes for school, hehe got the same reaction from the instructor 8) ....

But anyways, thanks for the info! I had received one other portable interdental brushes from my ortho, but I think they were in a big hurry that morning and forgot to tell me what they were for. Thanks so much!