electric vs standard toothbrush

Love your electric toothbrush? Hate that yucky mouthwash? Can't live without that terrific threader floss? Got a fave canker sore remedy? Here's where you can post your opinions and reviews of specific products relating to dental hygiene and your braces. Tell others what works....and what doesn't!

Moderator: bbsadmin

hannah164

#16 Post by hannah164 »

I have never had an electric toothbrush and I'd really like to get one. I have an incredibly small mouth and my dental hygienist has even nicely recommended using a children's toothbrush. How big is the brush head on the Oral B?

Also, I really like the Triumph features but if you can use the different brushheads I would prefer buying a less expensive version without the many features.

Thanks!

Hannah

Top and bottom braces, missing upper laterals, 3 impacted teeth, 2 surgeries, and 11 teeth pulled.
Braces off: November 1, 2006

Chris

#17 Post by Chris »

ROTADENT electric brushes have two different heads, one is circular and another has a narrow tip for between braces and tight corners. I really like it.
Top Braces June 2004
Bottom Braces November 2004
Debanded January 2007

dojo

#18 Post by dojo »

I have them both. I like the electric one since it seems to clean me better, but I also use the regular one. Depends on my "mood" in that moment and time of day (if it's night I don't like the electric one to make noise)
Orthodontics patient from 2007 to 2010.
Orthodontic Braces