flossing is a pain!!

Love your electric toothbrush? Hate that yucky mouthwash? Can't live without that terrific threader floss? Got a fave canker sore remedy? Here's where you can post your opinions and reviews of specific products relating to dental hygiene and your braces. Tell others what works....and what doesn't!

Moderator: bbsadmin

Steve

#16 Post by Steve »

An Alternative to thread floss:

Read this post

viewtopic.php?t=3336
Steve
February 8, 2005-Ceramic Uppers
March 15, 2005-metal lowers
June 1st - triangle elastics
I am so happy I got these braces!
Hang in there!

Bluerain

#17 Post by Bluerain »

It seems everyone is trying to get floss under the wire to floss.

I just take the stiff end and put it thru where the gum triangle tip ( Gums between teeth ) is and floss away. It goes right thru and my problem is crowding not spaces. That triangle is actually pliable enough for the stiff end to go right thru.

To get the teeth where they are touching just take the floss (After inserting my way) from behind teeth and pull down to get between teeth while holding other end of thread from the outside of mouth.

It's become so routine for me i don't even need a mirror. I do it sitting down while watching TV and get up when done to rinse and brush again.

Try taking the stiff end and and just push where you think it is between teeth above the wire.

BR
Brace's -In-Ovations
Top Wired 2-1-05 / Bottom 10-9-06
Implants being used as anchor's where the wisdom teeth use to be.

swan

#18 Post by swan »

FiMo719 wrote:
ANYA wrote:
aussierob wrote: lately i'm just using the threader to get the floss under the arch wire and then floss the "usual" way pushing the floss between the neighbouring teeth ...
WOW...I did not even think of doing it that way.
Really? I didn't even think of doing it any other way. I thought that was the right way... hmm... maybe I need to experiment some more.
Yes, FiMo and Aussierob, that is the right way. If you do it the other way, you won't floss the upper half of the space between the teeth!
Didn't your orthodontist show you when you got your braces on?
Metal braces from March 24, 2005 until July 30, 2007. Estimate was 18-24 months, but I had them for 28 months.

swan

Re: flossing and very crowded teeth

#19 Post by swan »

ANYA wrote: I also got a waterpik yesterday and so far I hate it because there is too much water coming out. I did not plan on drowning while cleaning my teeth/braces. maybe I just have to get used to it. Also the watertank gets empty too fast. I do like the waterpik for in between cleanings. I do the full program before bedtime.
I'm using my Waterpik after the shower in the morning, because I'm still quite messy with the water. First time I had to dry myself off again after using it :lol: But I'm already getting better at it after a few days. Now it's just a few splashes on the mirror and around the sink.

What I was surprised about is that the motor is quite noisy, the whole thing seems to be shaking or something.
Metal braces from March 24, 2005 until July 30, 2007. Estimate was 18-24 months, but I had them for 28 months.