Dry mouth - Dry lips

Love your electric toothbrush? Hate that yucky mouthwash? Can't live without that terrific threader floss? Got a fave canker sore remedy? Here's where you can post your opinions and reviews of specific products relating to dental hygiene and your braces. Tell others what works....and what doesn't!

Moderator: bbsadmin

Carolinahigh12

#16 Post by Carolinahigh12 »

Mery...That is what I use for my son, and I use it particularly in the winter time. It is wonderful!!!
[/url]

[/url]

[/url]

~~~Nicole~~~

KateEd

Chapped Lips

#17 Post by KateEd »

I was braced a little over two weeks ago and found this great lip balm at good old Walmart. It's called Nature's Lipcare and made by Back2Basics. You get a four pack really cheap and the stuff is amazing, my lips have healed and are soft and smooth. I thought I was taking a chance buying them since they were so inexpensive but was glad I did. I've since stocked up on more.

Taylor

#18 Post by Taylor »

I really like Chapstick, but if that isn't working I would use plain vaseline.

bracey

#19 Post by bracey »

I tried loads of different lip balms to try and stop my lips drying out and peeling, none of them seem to work as well as elizabeth arden eight hour lip stick, It is brilliant, I have not had dry lips since starting using it, it even comes in different tints. I got a lovely pinkish one, so its sort of like wearing a sheer lipstick and feels very nourishing. but it was a little expensive :( but worth it I think!

bracey

#20 Post by bracey »

oops just looked at the lip stick and its actually called eight hour cream lip protectant stick

bracey

#21 Post by bracey »

Meryaten wrote:
oops just looked at the lip stick and its actually called eight hour cream lip protectant stick
I'm sure your first post got people in the right ballpark ;) Not much help to the fellas though, who might find the whole tint thing a bit effeminate ;)

(sorry, just teasing!)
ha ha... but there is an untinted version for the fellas :P