Breath sprays

Love your electric toothbrush? Hate that yucky mouthwash? Can't live without that terrific threader floss? Got a fave canker sore remedy? Here's where you can post your opinions and reviews of specific products relating to dental hygiene and your braces. Tell others what works....and what doesn't!

Moderator: bbsadmin

lilsisbet

#1 Post by lilsisbet »

I haven't gotten into the breath sprays, but I do have a large supply of the Listerine Pocket Paks . They go with me everywhere - I couldn't do without them.

Like you, I always pop one in before an adjustment. Whenever I go to the Ortho, they always comment on how nice it is to work on an adults teeth - the kids don't seem to take too much care in cleaning. :wink:
Elizabeth
Braces on March 15, 2005
Estimated treatment time: 18-24 months. Official debanding date - June 14, 2007 - Total of 27 months!

JumpTheDitch

#2 Post by JumpTheDitch »

I can't say I really get into the breath sprays either Lucyloop. Maybe it's the smoking thing; I don't smoke anymore. I used to keep some of the Listerine 'melty' strips in my locker at work, but since I got braces I seem to be brushing my teeth every ten minutes so they don't seem to be warranted anymore. Like Meryaten I just stick with brushing before I go to my appointments. No complaints so far so I guess I'm ok :lol:.

Meryaten, your ortho has bean bags in the waiting room? How cool!

kirst1583

#3 Post by kirst1583 »

I have never used breath sprays.
I did try the listerine strips that you put on your tongue and let melt when they 1st came out, but they are so hot!!!
So yeah, I'm the same as JumpTheDitch with the brushing only. I think that does a good enough job keeping the breath fresh. If i'm real worried I chew some extra right before I go in also.

I thought the same thing bout the bean bag. That's one cool ortho's office!

Flora2006

#4 Post by Flora2006 »

I don't use sprays.

I do use the Listerine pocket packs and love them so much :)

~~~~~~

Ceramic top braces: January 9th, 2006
Metal bottom braces: May 1st, 2006