I'm frustrated!

Love your electric toothbrush? Hate that yucky mouthwash? Can't live without that terrific threader floss? Got a fave canker sore remedy? Here's where you can post your opinions and reviews of specific products relating to dental hygiene and your braces. Tell others what works....and what doesn't!

Moderator: bbsadmin

lemonlyme

I'm frustrated!

#1 Post by lemonlyme »

I go through toothbrushes fairly quickly...about every month and a half or so. Today at Safeway they were having a sale on Reach fresh and clean toothbrushes, so i bought 2. I just finished using my new pretty pink toothbrush, but halfway into it i realized 3 of the threads were pulled out so far they were scratching my gums?! I emailed the company asking if perhaps these brushes weren't meant for people with braces..

Have any of you had this experience? Not that i'm out a whole lot of money, it's just irritating because "reach" is supposed to be a good brand of toothbrush..so i thought. Are some brushes just not made to deal with braces i wonder?

CanehdianGal

#2 Post by CanehdianGal »

I wish I can help you out..It's been a month and 3 days since I've been braced and have yet made a decision which elecric tooth brush to use..
Either a sonic or an oral b, or oral b Vitality.

lemonlyme

#3 Post by lemonlyme »

I forgot to update, they sent me a $5 coupon for a new toothbrush.. and an apology. :) Very pleased.

pinkpatrol

#4 Post by pinkpatrol »

I get the bristle caught on a bracket almost every time I brush on the regular toothbrushes. I haven't had any problems with my Oral-B Triumph 9100. I love it!!! My teeth feel dentist clean every time I use it! I highly recommend it!

cwatt1

#5 Post by cwatt1 »

You might be right about the self-ligating brackets, Meryaten. I've got Damon 3's, and while I'm only 3 days into braces and haven't had a problem with my toothbrush getting caught, I did have a piece of floss get hung up in one of the little doors. Possibly just my klutziness, however.

Regardless, so far I love the Damon 3's. They're so much more comfortable than I thought my braces would be :!:

Click here to read about my progress.

pinkpatrol

#6 Post by pinkpatrol »

Yes KK.
It drives me crazy!! It is gross! I then have to try and dislodge it without doing anything crazy with the bracket. Mine are self ligating.