I love my Rota-dent!!

Love your electric toothbrush? Hate that yucky mouthwash? Can't live without that terrific threader floss? Got a fave canker sore remedy? Here's where you can post your opinions and reviews of specific products relating to dental hygiene and your braces. Tell others what works....and what doesn't!

Moderator: bbsadmin

WiredforSound

I love my Rota-dent!!

#1 Post by WiredforSound »

I just got a Rota-dent system and love it!

I tried the Rotadent at the dentist office (as you can only buy it in Canada from the dentist themselves).

I can't believe how much stuff came out of my teeth when I used it at the dentist. I tried it after I had rinsed, brushed with the manual toothbrush, flossed and rinsed again at home beforehand.

I am hoping I as excited when I try it tomorrow after the braces go on :lol:
[/url]

ladylee

#2 Post by ladylee »

I agree, bought one shortly after Christmas and just love it. There is the brush with the tip on the end that is great for cleaning your braces. I use a regular toothbrush first to get the worst of the "stuff" out my teeth and braces, then go back and use the Rotodent, it is amazing, much better than a water pick I think. And yes, just like you, here in the US we can only get them through dentists. Top it off, it has a lifetime warrenty that even covers the battery, can't beat that! Let me know how much you like it. Lee :-*

Danielle

#3 Post by Danielle »

It's just the best! I started using mine the same day I got my braces put on and I would be lost without it... it's sad how dependant I am on a toothbrush!
Metal Braces: August 18, 2006-January 14, 2009
Essix-type Retainers: January 14, 2009--present

WiredforSound

#4 Post by WiredforSound »

I know what you mean. The Rota-dent works really well. It amazes me how easy it is to use and what stuff it gets out.

I would be so lost now if I didn't have my Rota-dent and the inter-dental brushes.

Now if I can just get use to this new way of flossing...that is taking some time :)
[/url]

laurene

#5 Post by laurene »

Now I'm interested in this toothbrush. How much did you guys pay for it? I live in Canada.

laurene

#6 Post by laurene »

Now I'm interested in this toothbrush. How much did you guys pay for it? I live in Canada.

Danielle

#7 Post by Danielle »

The cost of my Rotadent was rolled into my overall treatment cost. I think my dentist sells them for somewhere in the $125 neighborhood. It sounds like a lot for a toothbrush, but it's really worth it (and actually I saw some even more expensive Oral B type brushes at Target last week).
Metal Braces: August 18, 2006-January 14, 2009
Essix-type Retainers: January 14, 2009--present

WiredforSound

#8 Post by WiredforSound »

I live in Ontario and my dentist sells it for $129. Part of that cost was reimbursement by my company dental plan as you get a 10 min instruction from the hygentist on how to use it properly. It comes with a lifetime warranty. It is a worthwhile investment!

It comes with regular heads, make sure you ask for the Ortho heads for it. They are a little longer and clean under the wire really well.
[/url]

tipstar

#9 Post by tipstar »

Glad I read this my boyfriends dad is a dentist and when I was in his office (5-5-07) for a filling he showed me the video on this toothbrush. I will be getting mine from him when I got back to MD on 6-7-07. Thank God for a dentist in the family b/c I get a load of stuff done for free.

He told me that alot of his patients with braces love it but to hear it from ppl with braces makes me want it even more now.