Sonicare e9500

Love your electric toothbrush? Hate that yucky mouthwash? Can't live without that terrific threader floss? Got a fave canker sore remedy? Here's where you can post your opinions and reviews of specific products relating to dental hygiene and your braces. Tell others what works....and what doesn't!

Moderator: bbsadmin

KN

Sonicare e9500

#1 Post by KN »

Hey all, I'm new to these forums but kind of neat that I found them (while searching for molar band info, in so much pain from the band thing rubbing on my tongue).

Anyhow I have a Sonicare e9500 and I brush 2 times a day at the least, my dentist said it looks like I haven't been brushing too well and I was curious if maybe this brush is no good for me because of my braces? I will admit though that I don't floss nearly enough because it's sooo time consuming, but I brush plenty and use lots of mouthwash & waterpik.

Would it be better for me to go back to manual toothbrush? Or maybe this sonicare just really isn't that great? What are your experiences with electric toothbrushes vs manual and the results they give.

Oh and also is there a easier way to floss (I use a waterpik, lazy I know).

Threading each tooth takes ages. :S

Any good tips for a braces newbie? I have had them maybe 4 months so far.

Thanks in advance,
KN

Lisa65

#2 Post by Lisa65 »

I didn't get on with that brush either. My teeth started to look really dirty and after a few months i gave up on it.
My thread about it is here.

viewtopic.php?t=15876

KN

#3 Post by KN »

I went a head and picked up one of those new Oral-B Triumph 9900s to see how that works out. Hopefully it's good... cost 100 bucks. :O

Was also looking at those floss-poppers, how does that work exactly? I can tell that the back plastic thing is made to fit in between the metal wire and the tooth, but how do you clean then? Do you pull the floss back and forth and does it clean good? Looks interesting, I may order some if it is worth it. I have small teeth so I don't think that fish thing will work out good for me.

Thanks.
KN

river

#4 Post by river »

I have the sonicare elite toothbrush for a few months now and i love mine. im at the end of my treatment so my teeth are all but straight, Maybe depending on how your teeth are , the brush cant get to all the locations of your teeth with braces on ?

before i had a basic battery oral-b toothbrush , this had a small head so maybe with braces the smaller the head the better ? dont know for def just my thoughts x