USING >>> Floss popper

Love your electric toothbrush? Hate that yucky mouthwash? Can't live without that terrific threader floss? Got a fave canker sore remedy? Here's where you can post your opinions and reviews of specific products relating to dental hygiene and your braces. Tell others what works....and what doesn't!

Moderator: bbsadmin

R-A-M-O-N-E-S

USING >>> Floss popper

#1 Post by R-A-M-O-N-E-S »

Hey everyone whats up
I have'nt been here in a while, anyway i have been trying the floss popper thing I got in the mail. By the way thank you for sending me one.
I do have trouble with it. it gets stuck between my wire and my teeth and it makes me feel like it's gonna break the wire so it freaks me out.
it's kinda hard to use for me. anyone esle using it ?
Braced Sept-27-05

bbsadmin

#2 Post by bbsadmin »

So far the response to this product has not been very positive. I've heard from a few other people who said that it was rather frustrating...nothing overwhelmingly "thumbs up". But that's why I wanted you guys to try it and give me your opinions. It's one thing for a doc to give you a gadget (so if you don't like it, big deal...). But it's another thing to buy a gadget and not be able to use it. I wouldn't want anyone to waste their money or be unhappy.

Perhaps our Floss Fish friend will be able to develop his product successfully. I think that product has a lot of potential. :thumbsup:
I'm the owner/admin of this site. Had ceramic uppers, metal lowers ~3 years in my early 40's. Now in Hawley retainers at night!

Shelby014

#3 Post by Shelby014 »

Ugh.....that floss popper......i thought that it was going to be the greatest thing, but i dont like it at all, in the end of it, i started flossing with regular floss AFTER i used the floss popper. Thank you so much Lynn for sending me one though, i guess the old fashioned way is best for now LoL. The fishy thing sound pretty cool. I just wanted to give the floss popper some time to see if it got any better, sadly it didnt. So the long way is better for me. Thanks again Lynn!
O.o*Shelby*o.O

braced on:9-29-05
http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/ ... /event.png[/img]
[/url]

hannah164

#4 Post by hannah164 »

Just curious but what exactly is a floss popper?

-Hannah

Top braces: 4/28/04
Bottom braces: 11/16/05

Betty Bat

Flosspopper didn't work for me

#5 Post by Betty Bat »

I had trouble threading it, trouble getting the post between my teeth and wire in several spots (very short space between some of my teeth/brackets!), couldn't get enough tension on the floss to get it into tight spaces between my teeth, ...

Maybe I'll have better luck when my teeth start lining up better. Maybe someone else would have better luck depending on the specific layout of their mouth/teeth/brackets.

But, I would vote "no" at this time!

Here's a link with the basics on the Flosspopper, courtesy of Google: http://www.practicon.com/modperl/practi ... bcat_id=41