Recaldent GC Tooth Mousse

Love your electric toothbrush? Hate that yucky mouthwash? Can't live without that terrific threader floss? Got a fave canker sore remedy? Here's where you can post your opinions and reviews of specific products relating to dental hygiene and your braces. Tell others what works....and what doesn't!

Moderator: bbsadmin

Kim

Recaldent GC Tooth Mousse

#1 Post by Kim »

Hi there.

I introduced myself in another forum, and also recommended a product that I absolutely love, and thought I should maybe post it it here... :)

It's called GC Tooth Mousse by Recaldent... http://www.gcasia.info/content_GC_Tooth_Mousse.html
Like I said in my other post, the dental assistant gave it to me, for the reason that due to being in braces, its a little harder to clean your teeth properly (obviously), and amongst other things, this product helps to prevent cavities from forming (mainly common in children in braces, rather than adults). But yeah, I've been using it for the past two months since I've had my braces on, morning and night after I clean my teeth. My whole mouth feels so much healthier. My teeth feel and look stronger and my gums even look great, haha.

I'm so addicted to this product now, that if I don't use it, I my mouth just dosen't feel clean. I don't know if its just a mental thing, haha, but I wish I was using this product before I had braces too!! :D
-Slight upper crowding
-Moderate lower crowding
-5mm overbite
-Right posterior crossbite

Shelby014

#2 Post by Shelby014 »

sounds pretty great, do you know if i can order it from the US? I have a feeling that they would charge a lot shipping and handling to order it from Australia.
Thanks much,
Shelby
O.o*Shelby*o.O

braced on:9-29-05
http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/ ... /event.png[/img]
[/url]

Shelby014

#3 Post by Shelby014 »

if it does have milk stuff in it, i dont want it anyways, i'm a vegitarian. Too bad though, i dont know why companies have to go and ruin good products by adding animal stuff.......*goes off to complain a little*
LoL
Shelby[/u]
O.o*Shelby*o.O

[/url]

Shelby014

#4 Post by Shelby014 »

i know that milk products/ or anything else dairy is ok for a vegitarian, but i went to this website Milksucks.com and i saw what they REALLY do to those cows....made me never want to touch milk again. I know, anyone who eats meat is ok in my book, its just my personal decision not to, and i dont want to upset anyone by saying anything about my vegitarianism, so if i upset anyone i'm really sorry.
Shelby
O.o*Shelby*o.O

[/url]

Shelby014

#5 Post by Shelby014 »

thanks, that makes me feel better!! A lot better actually....thanks for being so nice and understanding about it.
O.o*Shelby*o.O

[/url]

brittonrs26

Alternative to Recaldent--without animal-derived ingredients

#6 Post by brittonrs26 »

Hey everyone-

If you are interested in a product that aids in remineralization, but want to avoid animal products, then you may want to try Oravive. Oravive's active ingredient is Novamin, which is synthetic. I have heard wonderful things about this product and will be trying it. There is also a prescription product available with a stronger concentration of Novamin, called SootheRX (this is mostly marketed for reducing sensitivity, but also aids in remineralization).

chrisk

#7 Post by chrisk »

Shelby014 wrote:sounds pretty great, do you know if i can order it from the US? I have a feeling that they would charge a lot shipping and handling to order it from Australia.
Thanks much,
Shelby
Shelby,

You can get this product in Australia. My periodontist and orthodontist both sell it (at $20 for a 40g tube). My periodontist assistant recommended it for my tooth sensitivity. I don't use it all of the time. The recommendation was to use it once or twice a week. If it's available in Perth, I'm sure you should be able to get it in the eastern states.

Genie

#8 Post by Genie »

Hi all! I've been using the tooth mousse that Kim recommended. Its also recommended by my ortho!
I have some questions that I'll like to ask you all (there are so many that I thought I'll number them... :) ):
1. Do you need to rinse after applicatin or just leave it there the whole day? I apply it on my teeth surfaces after cleaning my teeth in the morning and at night.

2. I'm also finding it difficult to apply to around the molar bands and behind it (My second molars are not banded) and to the chewing surfaces of back molars. Also, my fingers are not efficient in spreading it around the corners of the brackets. Any suggestions? What do you use to apply?

3. When I apply it, I find that there are some saliva on the teeth so would it be like not useful if its mixed with the saliva? I find it impossible to avoid even though I wiped the surfaces with tissue paper before applying.

4. I rinse with listerine teeth and gum defence every night. And I did not rinse with water after using it. Do you use the mousse directly after listerine rinse (or any other mouthwash)? Or do you rinse with water before application?

:oops: So many questions! Eager to get this right as I'm trilled about using this product. Heard that its a good one. Thank you!