RotaDent Toothbrush - Any opinions?

Love your electric toothbrush? Hate that yucky mouthwash? Can't live without that terrific threader floss? Got a fave canker sore remedy? Here's where you can post your opinions and reviews of specific products relating to dental hygiene and your braces. Tell others what works....and what doesn't!

Moderator: bbsadmin

WoolieBagLady

RotaDent Toothbrush - Any opinions?

#1 Post by WoolieBagLady »

At my adjustment today I was talking with the assistant about the Sonicare and she said she uses the RotaDent (she has braces too) and loves it. She said the orthodontist recommends the Sonicare also so they sell both. They are the same price. Does anyone used it or have any opinions? Thanks!

swan

#2 Post by swan »

I'm using the RotaDent and it works well. It comes with two brush heads, flat and pointy. It charges in your outlet overnight and the charge is good for more than two weeks (they promise two weeks, but I've had mine running for a lot longer, using it once a day, without recharge) which is pretty nifty if you're traveling.

I don't know how it compares to the Oral B, since I've never used that one.
Metal braces from March 24, 2005 until July 30, 2007. Estimate was 18-24 months, but I had them for 28 months.

BraceUrself

#3 Post by BraceUrself »

I use it & absolutely LOVE it!!!
Spacers-9-19-05
Top Braced-10-03-05
lowers on-10-17-05
appliance installed in mouth 10-17-05
2 extractions on 8-3-06
2 years treatment time

Dr says I won't finish on time

Sweet04Mom

Hmm, RotaDent?

#4 Post by Sweet04Mom »

I haven't tried RotaDent, but I'm really happy with my Orawave power brush. It leaves my teeth feeling clean, which makes me confident!

:D

dimeech

rotadent

#5 Post by dimeech »

I'm currently using a cheapie oral-B that I bought for $20 and I like it. Sometimes I overuse it (2+ times a day, also using a reg. toothbrush) and it makes my gums a little ouchy.

I don not have braces yet, but the ortho I'm inclined to go with includes the Rotadent & free replacement heads during treatment, so I hope I like it!