HELP!

Love your electric toothbrush? Hate that yucky mouthwash? Can't live without that terrific threader floss? Got a fave canker sore remedy? Here's where you can post your opinions and reviews of specific products relating to dental hygiene and your braces. Tell others what works....and what doesn't!

Moderator: bbsadmin

Bloom707

HELP!

#1 Post by Bloom707 »

I just ot these green elastics on my molar that are soposed to "prepare" skin for thse "metal rings" .Ihavent brushed my teeth all dya,it hurts WORSE THEN EVER!And I even cried uyesturday.Its sore and even my ear and head r really hurting cause of it!plz help!how do i keep the pain away! :cry:
***AND I WONT GIVE UP,NO I WONT BREAK DOWN,SOONER THEN IT SEEMS,LIFE,TURNS AROUND.AND I WILL BE STRONG,EVEN WHEN IT ALL GOES WRONG.WHEN IM STANDING IN THE DARK I STILL BELUVE,SOMEONES WATCHING OVER ME***

Bloom707

Teeth

#2 Post by Bloom707 »

Sorry I meant to say prepare the teeth not skin! :)
***AND I WONT GIVE UP,NO I WONT BREAK DOWN,SOONER THEN IT SEEMS,LIFE,TURNS AROUND.AND I WILL BE STRONG,EVEN WHEN IT ALL GOES WRONG.WHEN IM STANDING IN THE DARK I STILL BELUVE,SOMEONES WATCHING OVER ME***

Kimberley

#3 Post by Kimberley »

I have to agree with Meryaten. Advil worked the best for me when I had my spacers in & to be honest, that was the worst of my getting braced. Those darn spacers made me feel like I was teething. I wanted to chew on anything, except your teeth are so sore you can't. Very frustrating. It does get so much better though & just a pointer, I recommend taking an Advil - or whatever works best for your tooth pain - about an hour before each ortho appointment. Sometimes they put a bit of pressure on your teeth and I find Advil helps me with that.

Also, in the beginning you might getthe flexible wiresthat are senstive to hot things, so your ortho might suggest having cold things - like ice cream! I couldn't believe it when my ortho told me to stock up on ice cream, cool huh?

But, yeah, out of my whole experience so far the spacers and being wired shut after my jaw surgery were the worst parts. Hang in there!

Kimberley