Linda21's temporary means is over after 798 Days!

If you want to share the detailed saga of your braces story, this is the place to do it. You can use this forum as a braces journal, editing and updating your posts as your treatment goes on. Remember to also visit the main ArchWired.com site for additional stories from other readers!

ATTENTION NEW MEMBERS: Do not post full-face photos or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

SUGARANGEL

#1 Post by SUGARANGEL »

Hey Linda21, Thank you! :D

2-6-2006 Top braces
6-6-2006 bottom braces
Sentenced 1-26-2006 for 24 months
All metals...
Debanded on June 18th 2008

Shawnie

#2 Post by Shawnie »

HI Linda21,

Thanks for sharing your story, it was fun to read and not at all boring! I too think braces/teeth have become very interesting to me, never thought this would be the case.

Keep us posted, I would love to see your pictures.

Take Care,
Shawnie
Braced - 10/04/05
Treatment - 30 to 36 months
Ceramic uppers, Metal lowers
Impacted canines-Crowding-Crossbite
6 baby teeth!
Canine exposure surgery of two teeth 3/29/06
2nd canine exposure of one tooth 11/15/06

Leslie022

#3 Post by Leslie022 »

It's so nice to finally read YOUR story, Linda! You've made such wonderful comments to be in the past months but I've not had that opportunity to do the same to you! I'm really hoping to see some pictures soon, so hopefully your ortho will give you some pics!!!

Good luck Monday!

Leslie
Braced: Jan. 17, 2006
Removed: Oct. 26, 2006
Fixed bottom retainer
Clear Essix Retainer on top

Granola

#4 Post by Granola »

Hi Linda21!

I'm so glad you've finally started a journal. You've been such a great support to me, and I'm happy to have a place to come to cheer you on!

It must have indeed been a surprise, way back when (last year) that the dentist recommended braces. I think the brackets that you have must look and function very nicely (one of the orthos who I consulted with uses these and she said they are a great system).

It is nice that once you made the decision to get braced, that you didn't have a long wait to get them on.

I don't know anything about this, but how come your dentist is waiting until after braces for extractions? I'm curious what the rationale is for that, if they have explained it. It is interesting because as a kid I had 8 teeth pulled prior to being braced, had my braces off at age 16, had my wisdom teeth extracted sometime after, and still ended up with relapse and crowding towards the front of my mouth. Will you have the surgery done as soon as your braces are off?

It is helpful to read about your gaps, because as you know I have those also. I know how frustrating it can be to see all of that black space!

Congrats on going through these last weeks since your latest adjustment without any pokey wires! My ortho and the assistants are careful to bend the wires also--it certainly is a huge relief to not be dealing with that!

I can't wait to hear how your adjustment goes on Monday, and what they do next. I hope you have some photos to post as well.

I'll definitely keep reading, and enjoyed everything that you have written so far.
Uppers placed 2/8/06--Inspire ICE ceramics
Lower (stainless) placed 2/23/06
Treatment time: 17 months (estimated was 12-18 months)
Debonded: July 11th, 2007
Next appointment: June 2008 for retainer & nightguard check

antsika

#5 Post by antsika »

Hi linda21!

It was very interesting reading your story, thanks for sharing it! You really had to make hard decisions on your journey, I hope everything will be fine at the end!

Keep us posted and awaiting your pics!

All the best:
Antsika

Granola

#6 Post by Granola »

Great photos! It is so good to read more, and I'll BBL to comment.

Bridget

#7 Post by Bridget »

Hi Linda!

Thanks for that great story! Especially about the warning on noodles - I'll for sure be careful next time I'll eat noodles!

Your pictures are great!!!

sunny greetings

Upper and lower ceramics
9 months to go......less if I am REALLY lucky

SUGARANGEL

#8 Post by SUGARANGEL »

Hello Linda21, Gooood pictures!!!! Glad to hear from you.

2-6-2006 Top braces
6-6-2006 bottom braces
Sentenced 1-26-2006 for 24 months
All metals...
Debanded on June 18th 2008

Granola

#9 Post by Granola »

During my mid-teens, my lower right 1st molar was extracted as it was preventing both my 2nd and 3rd molars from emerging. They were hoping the extraction would encourage the other 2 teeth to erupt given time. I had a better chance of winning lotto. The x-ray taken in April 2005 showed that the lower right 2nd molar is now lying almost parallel with my jawbone.
Gah! Well, it was worth a try, wasn't it! Darn that 2nd molar for laying down on the job. :wink:

I can imagine the fears that erupted when the black holes were discovered, and the "C" word was mentioned. I'm very glad to hear that your OS feels this is not even a possibility. Whew!

I think you have really scrutinized well the advantages of waiting until after braces for the surgery, and agree with your logic. It is good to know that shift/movement after surgery will be unlikely, and that you are not in any discomfort (at least not from the offending teeth!).

Ugh, I had a tonsillectomy about 20 years ago (at age 21) and it was no picnic. I'm sorry you had to go through that so recently (and hemorrhaged, no less)!

Great photos! You must be so happy to look at those and see how far you have come! Look at how much your overbite has been corrected, and look at that top arch. I can't believe how much those upper and lower teeth have moved! Ah, and now I finally get to see the gaps about which you have spoken. :lol:
I asked if it came in darker colours so I wouldn’t have to worry about staining. He said yes, but they were not as effective in closing the gaps and bringing in the bite as quickly.
Wow, I have not heard that. I will definitely be asking about this in three weeks when I go in. I would love a lighter color powerchain like yours, if only I could feel confident that a whitening toothpaste will keep it looking good. I'll be very interested to hear how yours does in the coming weeks.

I take all of my pics with the zoom all the way out, and the camera held as far away as my arm can reach, then when I crop everything else but my teeth out, I get a nice close up view.

jennandtonic

#10 Post by jennandtonic »

I see your comments on people's stories all over the place, then got curious about your story and searched for it. I'm glad you told your story! :D

Those are good pics! Anything else happen since the last adjustment you talked about? How's it going?

Xero

#11 Post by Xero »

Thanks for the kind words, Linda!

Good luck on your treatment!

I'll be cheering with you when you get your braces off!

juf_84

#12 Post by juf_84 »

:banana: Yay Linda has a story :banana:

Hi Linda! Thankyou for all the support you have shown on my thread, I'm thrilled that I can now follow your journey as well.

Your story definitely isn't boring! It sounds as though there have been a few ups and downs. I can't imagine how you must have felt when you heard that there might be a possibility of cancer. You poor thing. (((Hugs))) I am glad your OS has discounted that. When I was getting my wisdoms out, my x-rays showed gaps in my jaw as well. My dentist put it down to my wisdoms, and the gaps are now gone.

I too have had that scary experience of choking on bok choy. It was only last week and it was not nice. Now I'm being extra extra careful in cutting up everything.

I have loved reading what you have written and look forward to the next installment. And I love your avatar!

Take care :-)
Banded 22 June 2006.
Debanded 24 July 2007.
Loving it!

Xero

#13 Post by Xero »

Thanks for the really encouraging words in my journal!

I think I need elastics in another area, since if the gap closes, the teeth will be even more uneven. I don't know, though. I'll have to ask my ortho what she plans to do to fix this. I hope I don't need a bridge. Maybe something like your elastics config would fix it?

Take care!
About three years since being braced. Changed ortho twice, so it's hard to keep track.

A very special thanks to KK & linda21 for constantly reading my log. Thanks!

Xero

#14 Post by Xero »

ImageImageWow, that was some week! Congrats on your new niece and nephew to come! Your teeth look beautiful and cleeaaannn! :D ImageImageImage
About three years since being braced. Changed ortho twice, so it's hard to keep track.

A very special thanks to KK & linda21 for constantly reading my log. Thanks!

belmikry

#15 Post by belmikry »

congrats Aunt Linda! :) that's fantastic news! :)

your smile is looking fantastic! my elastic is in the same area as yours, it's just not attached to the lowers directly underneath- it's still sore but not too bad now :)
Braces off- 12 months 1 week in braces- estimate 18-21 months!
First time in braces- Damon 3's- 01-30-06 - 02-09-2007 hawley clear retainer on top, permenant retainer on bottom