Butterfly's story (braced Nov 2/05, debanded 1/1/07) +pix

If you want to share the detailed saga of your braces story, this is the place to do it. You can use this forum as a braces journal, editing and updating your posts as your treatment goes on. Remember to also visit the main ArchWired.com site for additional stories from other readers!

ATTENTION NEW MEMBERS: Do not post full-face photos or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

butterfly

#61 Post by butterfly »

Seventh Adjustment

Yesterday I went for my seventh adjustment.

The metal bracket that was used to pull my hidden incisor was finally replaced by a ceramics one. Now all my teeth have ceramic brackets. As a very neat addition I got a tooth colored archwire. I think it looks great.

My incisor is now fully in line. It just needs some tipping.

I love to smile. I always smile, all day :) :) When talking in public or just hanging out with people I noticed a big difference. I feel much more secure. It's a sort of freedom I never experienced. Now I don't think about my teeth all the time when laughing smiling and talking.

It is indeed a huge difference! That was me 7 months ago YUCK:

OK now for the bad news: I got elastics :x One elastic to be precise, but I already hate it. It is placed from the right upper last tooth to the right bottom canine. When I laugh it is visible. It kinda ruins all the fun. After every meal I have to switch it. Before eating I have to pop it out which is really disgusting. Once I almost swallowed one.

EDIT: I also got powerchains on top and on the bottom. They cover all the teeth instead of ligs. This time they had all my favorite lig colors like bright soft pink but alas the powerchains came only in red, green and blue AGAIN. :evil: So I took clear again. Hope they won't stain too fast.

Next week I fly abroad and meet my family and old friends. It is the first time they will see me with braces! I am really happy. Cannot wait for their reaction :D :D :D
Nov 2 05 braced, 1/1/07 debanded & got positioner

alexa

#62 Post by alexa »

Wow!! Your teeth look amazing! That's great progress...congrats! :D
Spacers: 1/26/05; 2/6/06; 3/15/06; 4/24/06
4 First Bicuspids removed: 2/2005
Metal Braces, top and bottom: 3/1/05; Debanded 7/26/07
Hawley retainers top and bottom

elena_k

#63 Post by elena_k »

impressive!!! :D you must be delighted :dance:

vegetara

pictures

#64 Post by vegetara »

how do you take those pics? i tried taking some pics of my teeth and it's not working out.

belmikry

#65 Post by belmikry »

butterfly- your teeth are looking AMAZING- I think you are definately winning our 'race'- your teeth look so great- congrats!

elastics may not be fun- but they mean you are almost done! congrats- you deserve it! :)
Braces off- 12 months 1 week in braces- estimate 18-21 months!
First time in braces- Damon 3's- 01-30-06 - 02-09-2007 hawley clear retainer on top, permenant retainer on bottom

joney

#66 Post by joney »

Butterfly, all I can say is wow! wow! wow! You must be so pleased. Your teeth look fantastic. :D

butterfly

#67 Post by butterfly »

I just wanted to say hello again. After 2 months I am finally back home after quite a hard time (PM me for details, I don't want to elaborate here). On sunday I will have my next appointment and my treatment will resume. I am back wearing my rubber band. I didn't wear it these weeks because my doctor wasnt available.

Blonde_Metal04

#68 Post by Blonde_Metal04 »

Hello Butterfly!
It's great that you're back, I'm sorry to hear that you have had a hard time :(...
On a lighter note, your progress looks absolutely amazing.. It gives me hope for my improved smile!!

Take Care!
Spacers: 08/09/2006

SDFD TSchott

#69 Post by SDFD TSchott »

I would have to say after reading this whole story WOW Impressive improvment, I'm very impressed. Will get my braces in less then a week and from what I've been told I will NOT need spacers :) I'm happy about that!

SDFD TSchott

Adjustment Sept 14th, 2018
Braces back on August 06, 2018
Braces off April 02, 2008

butterfly

#70 Post by butterfly »

I think I reached a quite boring stage in my treatment. Nothing happens that is actually visible.

My back teeth touch now! All my mouth closes at once, like one big tooth (I think you know what I mean) but from the outside nothing has changed in the last months.

This is me at the ortho's bathroom with no archwires in place:

Looks normal, doesn't it? I am very pleased with the results so far!

In one week I have my next appointment. My clear ligs are gross because I ate too much and had a lot of red wine during the holiday weekend :)

butterfly

#71 Post by butterfly »

Eighth adjustment

(or 9th if you count the one abroad)

This Sunday I had my 8th adjustment. Well it was nothing, really nothing. I got the same wires AGAIN although they had lost all of their white plastic coating. I asked for new white ones but he said, no, it's better to stick with them because they fit me perfectly and new ones would cause unwanted movement. Oh well. I got one elastic again, to move one side of my bite. I hate it. :D

Now the good news: The current estimate is now 3-4 months left!!! this sounds amazing. Next month my 1 year aniversary will come up. This means I could be out of braces after 15 months only. :D :D

butterfly

#72 Post by butterfly »

ONE YEAR!!!

Today my braces celebrate their birthday! One year ago I was braced!

Here are some pics of today:

Teeth

Smile

Uppers

Lowers

Here I am smiling and laughing with no archwires in place:

I am very happy with the improvement so far! Can't stop smiling!! :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

newmetal

#73 Post by newmetal »

Your teeth have made wickid progress. How long untill they are off now? Also, how long did it take unitll your hiding tooth got into place? I have the same problem, and to see that your teeth are straight after 12 months gives me hope!

Newmetal

SUGARANGEL

#74 Post by SUGARANGEL »

Hey Butterfly, Only things I have to say is WOW and AWESOME! I know it made you feel more more comfortable with your new smile! Wink!

2-6-2006 Top braces
6-6-2006 bottom braces
Sentenced 1-26-2006 for 24 months
All metals...
Debanded on June 18th 2008

acd

#75 Post by acd »

All I can say is WOW!! I've got a similar hidden lateral and seeing your one year pictures gives me a lot of hope. I'm two days into this and can't wait until I've seen the kind of progress you have.