WiredInLA's story (with pics) Update 2/12/06 !

If you want to share the detailed saga of your braces story, this is the place to do it. You can use this forum as a braces journal, editing and updating your posts as your treatment goes on. Remember to also visit the main ArchWired.com site for additional stories from other readers!

ATTENTION NEW MEMBERS: Do not post full-face photos or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Flora2006

#46 Post by Flora2006 »

Hey you!

So good to hear from you. Congrats on getting a new wire. Lucky you!! Your pictures show great progress with those canines. :):)

I am getting my lower braces on May 1st, should be interesting.

Those smoke ligs look good :) Hopefully they won't stain too much. I just got white ones last week and so far they haven't changed colors at all so ig those grey ones aren't working for you, try the white ones :)[/quote]

~~~~~~

Ceramic top braces: January 9th, 2006
Metal bottom braces: May 1st, 2006

wiredinLA

#47 Post by wiredinLA »

Hello again everyone,

It's been a while since I posted!! I've missed you all. :)

I had my 3rd adjustment today and I was also bottom braced!!
No new wire on top. Just new ligs... I went back to silver as the grey ones that I got last adjustment stained some and I hated having to worry so much about what color food I was eating.

The bottom braces were torture to put on and I don't remember the top being as... annoying to sit through. My 2 bottom laterals are could not be tied. Next time :lol:
Right now I'm starting to feel thar all too familiar pressure.

OK... so... tell me what you would do....

From my fist appt. my I had asked my ortho for cermaic on the bottom. I'm almost 30 and while I know that supposedly your bottom teeth don't show as much as your top teeth, to me having metal on the bottom defeated the purpose of having ceramic on top. I have a very big grin and ... well... my bottom teeth show a lot even when I speak. Anyway...
He promised me we would do cermaic on the bottom. I go in today... he tells his assistant what to do and she goes to work. When she gives me the mirror.... guess what??? METAL. OMG!

So I tell her... "He said I would get ceramic on the bottom." She says, "Well, your bottom teeth don't show that much" -- That didn't answer my question. So I'm a bot unhappy. Maybe I'm making a big deal about nothing but... I'm super conscious about my bottom brackets now. I know that getting rebracketed is a pain. Have any of your gone through that process?? How time consuming was it?
In a way I don't feel bad about having them do it b/c 1) I'll probably have to pay extra anyway 2) it's her mistake (my chart says ceramic bottoms)

Should I ask to switch? Am I making a big deal out of nothing? :?

Anyway -- here are my pics! Next adjustment scheduled for July 5th!

Day one:

Talk to you all soon!
*~*~*~* WiredinLA *~*~*~*
Top braced (ceramics) : Jan. 9, 2006
3rd Adjustment: May 24th, 2006

Flora2006

#48 Post by Flora2006 »

Hey you!

Your teeth have moved beautifully!!! Your top arch is looking great :)

I definitely know what you mean about having metal on the bottom...I feel really uncomfortable with the metal and wish I had gotten ceramics...but oh well...guess I will have to get used to it at some point!

If you feel unhappy, definitely speak to your ortho and have your bottom brackets changed...it's no big deal and it is the assistants fault.

Talk to you soon :)

~~~~~~

Ceramic top braces: January 9th, 2006
Metal bottom braces: May 1st, 2006

jzaboo

#49 Post by jzaboo »

My ortho explained that they don't typically to clear on the bottom because the ceramic has clear sapphire in it and is so hard that your top teeth will actually chip off when they hit the bottom brackets. He showed me several pictures and it convinced me that I was totally cool with the metal on the bottom. 8)