Psychic's Story -last update 24.10.2006 - new pics page 2]

If you want to share the detailed saga of your braces story, this is the place to do it. You can use this forum as a braces journal, editing and updating your posts as your treatment goes on. Remember to also visit the main ArchWired.com site for additional stories from other readers!

ATTENTION NEW MEMBERS: Do not post full-face photos or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

psychic

Psychic's Story -last update 24.10.2006 - new pics page 2]

#1 Post by psychic »

I'm from Portugal, have 29 years and decided - finally - to get braced!

This decision has been postponed forever, but finally i got the courage (and the money!) and went for it!

Before braces:

Braces on - day 0

Suffered a lot the first days!

And after a week i still can't eat very well - a great excuse to loose some weight for the summer! :wink:

One week later - day 7:

Compare day 0 and day 7!

My ortho "forgot" to explain the treatment to me, but in my next appointement (09.06.2006), i will ask her EVERYTHING i want to know... and then i will tell you !!

Last edited by psychic on Tue Oct 24, 2006 3:50 pm, edited 5 times in total.

Metal Braces

juf_84

#2 Post by juf_84 »

Hi Psychic!

Looks good! I'm a newbie too, best of luck with your journey!
Banded 22 June 2006.
Debanded 24 July 2007.
Loving it!

vincent

#3 Post by vincent »

Hey good Luck man, just wondering is that pain really unbearable, is it anything like the pain when your teth have been taken out, i didnt take pain killers BTW thats probably why i suffren more, i shoul dbe geting them in July!!!!!

good luck, keep posting!

psychic

#4 Post by psychic »

Hey good Luck man, just wondering is that pain really unbearable, is it anything like the pain when your teth have been taken out
To be honest vincent... I never had an extraction of a tooth... but one thing i may say to you... none of my pain was unbearable when i put the braces... :D

First 48 hours were the worst, but i took ben-u-ron 1mg :idea: (pain killer) and i was ready to go again! You don't have to worry! :wink:

Good luck in getting braces!!

Keep posting

Metal Braces

psychic

#5 Post by psychic »

Went for my first adjustment... never thought that, when the archwire's out, i would feel my teeth so loose!!!

I took a mould to make the "Nance" apliance (keep my molares in place)

Here are the pictures from today:

I love this ligs!!

(Notice the transparent wedge in my tooth)

and now you can see the progresses (3 weeks):

Today i spoke with my ortho, so that she would explain to me the process... she did and she was very nice...
I will need to have an extraction and next time i will have to put the Nance "gadget"!.

I told her that i am going to get married next year (in July), so she's going to keep that in mind to "speed" up the process (if possible, of course).

Next appointement in 3 weeks!

Metal Braces

Joanna20

#6 Post by Joanna20 »

Oi psychic, tudo bem?
I hope everything is going great with your treatment so far! I'm newly braced too and I know what you mean about the pain in the first days, although I've only experienced it for a while in the lower arch. I have this extra thin wire that my ortho. opted for so that the brackets would stop popping out!
I was going to ask you if you were indeed having any extractions because I noticed your month was a bit crowded (like most of us here). Are they extracting a premolar or a wisdom tooth?
I was told I might need a premolar extracted on my lower jaw (since I'm missing 2nd molars and wisdom teeth) and a perhaps 2 other teeth on my upper jaw :roll: .
You've done the most difficult part which is taking the plunge, waiting, and getting braces! From now on it's all good :)
Have you noticed how many people we see in Portugal wearing braces these days??? I feel super comfortable 'cause no one seems too curious or surprised!
Good luck with the rest of your treatment, you seem to be doing fine!
I have my own story in here as well, if u want to check it.

Bjs!
Joana

Next Ortho. consultations: Dec. 26 & January 16
Next Higienist consultation: February

psychic

#7 Post by psychic »

I was going to ask you if you were indeed having any extractions because I noticed your month was a bit crowded (like most of us here). Are they extracting a premolar or a wisdom tooth?

Olá Joanna

I will have an extraction of one tooth - premolar (upper left) - my wisdom teeth never came out and my ortho says that probably i won't have to extract them (good for me!! :wink: )
Have you noticed how many people we see in Portugal wearing braces these days??? I feel super comfortable 'cause no one seems too curious or surprised!

Yes i have noticed that, is kind'a fashion wearing braces in Portugal, even the "VIP's" are "braced"!!! :lol:

Good luck for you too!!

Jinhos
Last edited by psychic on Wed Jun 14, 2006 5:26 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Metal Braces

psychic

#8 Post by psychic »

Thanks KK and all of you in this forum...

This community is responsible for give me the "push" to get braced! You are wonderful!

Thanks thanks thanks

Metal Braces

juf_84

#9 Post by juf_84 »

Looks great Psychic!!
Banded 22 June 2006.
Debanded 24 July 2007.
Loving it!

psychic

#10 Post by psychic »

And here i am again, after my second adjustement where i put the "Nance appliance"... it is awful i have to say! I am with nauseas since i came from my ortho... :FeelSick:

The white thing in my molars is the "glue", but my ortho said that it should be gone after some tooth brushing!! :-}

I think my teeth didn´t move very fast this time, but we have to be patience in this process...

My yellow ligs (i thought they would be brighter... :( )

and here, the progress since day 1:

Next appointement in 3 weeks........... if i don't forget, like i did this time (i've appeared at my ortho's office one week later!! i think i have to rest more!)

See you next time!!

Metal Braces

vegetara

#11 Post by vegetara »

Wow...that 'Nance' doesn't look very nice. I hope the nausea goes away. You might want to try some chamomille or peppermint tea to help with the sickness.

Thanks so much for sharing the pics. The different colors on the ligatures make it easy to follow your progress in the pictures.

MuleNag

#12 Post by MuleNag »

My brother just got braced a few weeks ago and he was saying that he will have to have one of those things too. I wasn't sure what he was talking about but now I understand. Thanks for the pic! And congrats on the great progress so far. I hope you start feeling better soon!
4 teeth extracted~4/27/06
Braced~5/11/06
Lowers off!~11/13/07
Bottoms off!!!!!!~07/15/08
My story~ http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=11249

jennandtonic

#13 Post by jennandtonic »

Your braces formation looks a bit more like mine than anyone else's on the site, though still a bit different. [I thought I was the only one with braces remotely like mine, lol!]

Your teeth are lookin' good, progressing pretty well! Sorry about your feelings surrounding that nance appliance, I'm sure you're not alone though because several on this site have them as well, which may be SOME comfort. Hope that nausea subsides, that sucks!

How did you do that progress pic animation thing? I would love to be able to do that!

psychic

#14 Post by psychic »

Hello Again!!

Well, i already had an extraction... and now my ortho says that things will happen faster... i can't wait!!

I don't notice much progresses, but that's ok...

nice color ligs hein? :wink:

this is the side, without my tooth :? (i have to say that it was a very good tooth!!):

and, has always... the comparison with day 0:

I have to say that my adaptation to the nance app wasn't so bad... well, i suffered the first days, but never had a sore 'till now...

Today i feel some tension in my left canine, 'cause it is being pulled back.

Three months and i already feel it's worth it!

Metal Braces

elena_k

#15 Post by elena_k »

hello psychic!!looks like you're gonna have a quick move now that your tooth was removed..i know how annoying a gap can be,but it will be closed before you even know :D

aww..i just noticed..you're portuguese!!i love this country and your language.. :heart: :-1