Jillianleab is NAKED!!! Pics included!

If you want to share the detailed saga of your braces story, this is the place to do it. You can use this forum as a braces journal, editing and updating your posts as your treatment goes on. Remember to also visit the main ArchWired.com site for additional stories from other readers!

ATTENTION NEW MEMBERS: Do not post full-face photos or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Jillianleab

Jillianleab is NAKED!!! Pics included!

#1 Post by Jillianleab »

Well I'm a little over a week in and I decided I'd join the "Braces Stories" club. I figure if nothing else it will be neat to look back on later in my treatment.

I'm 25 years old, and I've needed braces for a very long time. My mom has a huge fear of the dentist, so she never pushed dental care on us as kids. We went for our cleanings, but she left the decision of braces up to me. I think her fear rubbed off on me... plus I was always being told, "no one ever died of an overbite". So, needless to say, I never did it. I have an overbite (10mm) and pretty severe crowding on the top and bottom. My ortho is great, and I'm happy I've finally made the decision to fix my smile. It's hard sometimes dealing with being self-conscious about how young I look, but I try to remind myself that it will be worth it in the end.

Overall my experience hasn't been too horrible yet... I'm still getting used to eating and the whole cleaning process. I go for my first adjustment July 24, I hope I have some movement by then!

Oh, and by the way I have full metal top and bottom; no additional appliances yet. I'll keep you all posted on my progress!
Last edited by Jillianleab on Mon Dec 03, 2007 4:21 pm, edited 26 times in total.
~jlb~

Braced 5/19/06 - Full Metal Mouth!
Went topless 07/27/07!
Totally NAKED 08/30/07!

See my braces story with lots of pics here:
http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtop ... 2806#92806

sjsarre

#2 Post by sjsarre »

Congrats on taking the plunge... Jillianleab

psychic

#3 Post by psychic »

I share your opinion, that having a "brace story" is good to keep the track in our improvements...

... and also for the sharing part!!

Good luck! :D

Metal Braces

Jillianleab

#4 Post by Jillianleab »

Thanks everyone for your warm welcomes and encouragement. I'm really glad I found this site, it helps a lot to know I'm not the only one in the world doing this! Plus, you guys make a FANTASTIC support group!

I'll keep this blog updated with anything new that comes around....

Good luck to all of you as well :lol:
~jlb~

Went topless 07/27/07!
Totally NAKED 08/30/07!

Jillianleab

Jillianleab's Story - Update 6/19/06 with Pics

#5 Post by Jillianleab »

I made it a month! Only 17 more to go (if I'm lucky)!

I've got some pics that I took yesterday; I really regret not taking any in the first few days of my treatment, as I have nothing to compare these to. I have noticed movement however, because a month ago, my top teeth hit three lower brackets on my left side, and now only one hits. I suppose I'm not noticing much alignment because we are working on some expansion right now, I don't know. Hopefully I'll see more significant changes in the next month!

I'm going to try and take monthly photos and post them here. I'm anxious to see progress.

Get ready - my teeth are pretty yucky!

~jlb~

Went topless 07/27/07!
Totally NAKED 08/30/07!

M1k3y

#6 Post by M1k3y »

You're teeth aren't too bad. It shouldn't be too long before you start to see those little suckers move into place where they belong. So what is your time table with your braces on?
Braced 5-27-06 - 18 months with braces
Case 1 - minor crookedness
Envision Composite Brackets
M1k3y's introduction with photos
M1k3y's journey with photos

Debranded 3-20-08

Jillianleab

#7 Post by Jillianleab »

So what is your time table with your braces on?
My ortho estimated 18-22 months. That seems to be a standard answer (like when you go to a restaurant and they tell you they have a 10-15 min wait!). I hope it's accurate... but I'm mentally prepared for 24 months if needed. Beyond that - well, my brain just doesn't want to think about it taking longer than that!
~jlb~

Went topless 07/27/07!
Totally NAKED 08/30/07!

Jillianleab

#8 Post by Jillianleab »

I have confirmed movement! It's NOT just my imagination! My husband and I were out today and I mentioned my first adjustment is coming up soon. We chatted back and forth about braces (he had them as a teen) and he mentioned that he has noticed a lot of movement on my teeth! I was so excited because I examine the d**n things every night, so I know I've noticed the changes, but it's exciting that it's obvious to others as well.

Hooray! :jump: :dance:

I really want to take pictures and compare the changes, but I promised myself I would only do it once a month. I'm going to try and take them on the 19th of each month, since I was braced on May 19. We will see how that goes - but I'm forcing myself not to do it sooner! I want each pic to have obvious change, I think that will get me more excited than incrimental changes each week. So if anyone is interested - check back on the 19th!

My first adjustment is on the 24th, I'll be sure to post the details about it as well. I'm a little nervous, as I still have quite a bit of pain when my teeth are pressed on (like when eating, and sometimes while brushing). But, pain or no pain, nerves or full confidence - I'm going!!!

Keep well everyone!
~jlb~

Went topless 07/27/07!
Totally NAKED 08/30/07!

Jillianleab

#9 Post by Jillianleab »

Well, it's a few days before I hit the two-month mark, but I'm posting pics anyway. I'm really happy with my progress so far, I didn't expect to see results so quickly! I kept the pics small since I'm posting so many, I hope you can see the difference!

Here's my smile in month 1:

And today:

Top arch month 1:

Top arch month 2:

Bottom arch month 1:

Bottom arch month 2:

What do you think?
~jlb~

Went topless 07/27/07!
Totally NAKED 08/30/07!

texasangel

#10 Post by texasangel »

Jillianleab,

Your progress looks GREAT in just 2 months !!!

Keep it up. :thumbsup:
Braced on 1/10/05 - full metal- woo hoo!!
Braces coming OFF 5/31/06 !!!

MuleNag

#11 Post by MuleNag »

That is great progress! :thumbsup:
4 teeth extracted~4/27/06
Braced~5/11/06
Lowers off!~11/13/07
Bottoms off!!!!!!~07/15/08
My story~ http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=11249

jennandtonic

#12 Post by jennandtonic »

Awesome progress in only 2 months, Jillian! Here's to hoping there's 16 more months of progress just like it! :jump:

About others noticing your changes, I get really excited when friends and family comment on how much my teeth have changed. It means it's not all in my head. It's always need to get some outside validation! :D

Bridget

#13 Post by Bridget »

WOW that's just brilliant!!!!!

As I am pretty new to my braces I just do not know what to expect but now that I have seen your pictures I really have high hopes now!!!!

GREAT!!!! Congrats!!!

Upper and lower ceramics
9 months to go......less if I am REALLY lucky

Jillianleab

#14 Post by Jillianleab »

Thanks everyone for your comments :) I'm really happy with my progress so far - I hope my ortho is also impressed!. I have my first adjustment on Monday and I don't know what to expect. lol, I have this totally irrational fear he's going to tell me I'm WAY behind schedule and my treatment will take longer. I actually had a dream about a week ago that I went in for my adjustment and he said, "Well, that's as good as it's going to get - take 'em off!" Stupid braces dreams... :evil:

I'll be sure to post what happens at my adjustment, hopefully it will be good news!
~jlb~

Went topless 07/27/07!
Totally NAKED 08/30/07!

LP

#15 Post by LP »

I absolutely love that so many people post update pics. Being only 8 days into this crazy ride, I'm still so unsure of everything. These updates make me excited to see movement like that with my teeth.

Congrats on such great progress!!