BraceStory. Pic..Having problems with the ortho Office,Help!

If you want to share the detailed saga of your braces story, this is the place to do it. You can use this forum as a braces journal, editing and updating your posts as your treatment goes on. Remember to also visit the main ArchWired.com site for additional stories from other readers!

ATTENTION NEW MEMBERS: Do not post full-face photos or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Elenii

BraceStory. Pic..Having problems with the ortho Office,Help!

#1 Post by Elenii »

Hello everyone,

I was Braced Dec 12 2005. Now I am very unhappy about my orthodontist. And I wonder if I am over reacting?

I researched about this Ortho and read good reviews from few web sites. During my first visit, I was happy of the warm and professional athomosphere. I am however very unhappy for the past few months.

I am missing a right cannine; therefore, my entire left section was shifting towards the right side. As a result, my midline was also off almost one teeth. It bothered me all my life and especially the past 15years! was getting worse. I was glad to have accomplish my wish but still confused of the treatment.

Dec 1 Put Clear braces on.
Feb 6( 8 weeks)Changed wires etc. Showed big progress(spaces opening for implant)
Doctor stopped by for a quick look(less than 1minute) and that is only because I was asking the lady (I think the nurse who does the changes) so many questions.

April 10 (8 weeks) I complained why doctor doesn't discuss my progress. Doctor called in and changed only my bottom wires and does nothing to the top. He said there was nothing to be done at that time. I questioned again WHY? because it was not moving much. ATLEAST TIGHTEN IT UP OR SOMETHING!! because my next apt was in 8 weeks again!!! which makes it over 4months before he does anything to the upper teeth. They said No rush, we have you until 2007.

July 6th. (12weeks) One braket was loose. I notified the lady. She only checked the progress(hardly) and puts rubber(for my midline). I asked her again why my appointments were far apart, and why they did not thightning the wires on my previous apt. She tried to convience me that all I needed was for it to move and there is not much to be done. She says the same thing the other assistant said that I was not in a rush because I will be there until the End of 2007. I asked that it doesn't mean they have to delay it and her response was rushing will kill the nerve. I understand that but there is nothing being done to kill anynerve. The Doctor was called in and I asked why they're not doing anything to it...he tried to explain patts me on my shoulder and leaves. I also had one loose bracket, she removed it and didn't replace it at all.
I am on a payment plan $5500 for this procedure and I want the best service my money should buy. So far, I am asking them questions nicely though not getting satisfactory answers but I am running out of patience. I just need your help to know if I may be wrong.

Please check this link for my progress. A feed back will be appreciated!

http://img131.imageshack.us/slideshow/p ... 1639g.smil

Thanks!! Eleni

[/img]

Elenii

#2 Post by Elenii »

Kiwi, Thank you for your reply.
You are very helpful on this channel. What a personality!

I checked the link you posted and I am having second thoughts:) But I still feel that my Othordontist should atleast come discuss things with me and spend few more minutes than he is. During my consultation and first visit, I was so impressed by him and trusted him. I now however have a mixed feeling about this guy. And why didn't they change the missing bracket I had?

But it was good to know someone with a similar situation and thanks for your response. I will update with more new photos.

Kiwi, do you have your pic link?

Elenii

Elenii

#3 Post by Elenii »

Kiwi,

I didn't see your website address "www, below?" I however checked your blog? It must be the same?, by searching for your name and I was amazed to see how our situations are very similar. Your teeth was shifting to one side and your midline I believe was off. Any new pic?

After reading your feed back, I kind of feel guilty for writing some negative reviews about my Orthodontist on the website I intially found him. I will clear everything up when I go visit him.

Thanks!!!!!

Elenii