Braces at 52

If you want to share the detailed saga of your braces story, this is the place to do it. You can use this forum as a braces journal, editing and updating your posts as your treatment goes on. Remember to also visit the main ArchWired.com site for additional stories from other readers!

ATTENTION NEW MEMBERS: Do not post full-face photos or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Nevertoolate

Braces at 52

#1 Post by Nevertoolate »

As you can see from my username of "nevertoolate", that is my sentiment about getting braces. My parents could never afford braces for me, and while raising my family, it was never a financial priority. Not a day went by that I didn't look in the mirror and long for straight teeth. They were the only thing about my appearance that I could never accept. :cry: My two fronth teeth were quite tipped, with a big gap between them.
August of '05 I made myself an appointment for a consultation, and have never looked back. My experience has been very positive. I have had little discomfort, in comparison to some of the stories I have read! Cleaning is a challenge, but have discovered alot of the secrets reading this message board! I really like my orthodontist and the staff. I have full metal braces, and an estimated 18-20 months to wear them. I am 11 months braced, and the progress is so amazing. It took 6 months for the gap to close, and the teeth are getting close to flattening out.
What really motivated me to post on this site is to encourage others my age to get your teeth fixed if that is your hearts desire! You will never be sorry...
I am a little technically challenged when it comes to posting pictures, but would like to do it. As soon as I figure it out, i will post them.

lionfish

#2 Post by lionfish »

Woo hoo! Another babyboomer. I'm glad you're pleased with your progress, that's great.

My parents could have afforded it, but didn't pursue treatment for whatever their reasons were (it doesn't really matter now).

I think there is a right time to be doing most things, and I have no regrets about doing this now as opposed to having done it back then. If I have one reservation, though, it would be that my parents would have paid rather than me!!