Fixing my overjet!!!-Jesslzz's Braces Story with pics

If you want to share the detailed saga of your braces story, this is the place to do it. You can use this forum as a braces journal, editing and updating your posts as your treatment goes on. Remember to also visit the main ArchWired.com site for additional stories from other readers!

ATTENTION NEW MEMBERS: Do not post full-face photos or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

ssfw

#31 Post by ssfw »

Hi Jesslzz,

I see alot of change since you first got your braces - that's great!

I understand your frustration of not getting a new wire. I currently only have an expander and although I have felt no pain and no pressure, my teeth are moving (to correct my crossbite). My orthodontist told me that they don't expedite movement because it can cause damage to the teeth and gums which is why they use a gentle approach. With your teeth, there is probably more change than you think but when most people going through ortho treatment probably look at their teeth very often, sometimes it is difficult to see change - posting the pics helps because the people reading this site will see the changes easier than you.

Keep us posted.

ssfw
Quad-Helix expander: 1/20/06 - 1/16/07
Upper braces: 5/19/06; lower braces: 9/7/06

Braces removed: 8/19/08
Received retainer: 8/26/08 - wearing retainer 24 hours/day

Next appt.: 11/18/08

Jesslzz 01

#32 Post by Jesslzz 01 »

Wow KK, 7 1/2 months with the same archwire! And I'm complaining! You are right, every person and teeth are different so we don't have any other choice but to trust our orthos. Maybe I'm an anxious person, but if I were you, I would be crying for a new archwire! :lol: No, really, I believe you are so patient and kind! And your words always make me feel better. I really hope you can get a new archwire on your next appointment! It is amazing that you don't feel any pain at all. I think a little pain makes you remember that things are moving, but is right, the "no pain no gain" works at the gym but not on orthodontics! :wink:

I'm hoping that next month I will get my new archwire too, Leslie022! Thanks for your post!

Do you really see progress on my pics sswf? You are right, I think I'm getting used to the feeling of having braces and I can't notice small or constant movement. The other day a colleague of mine told me that she could really see changes on my face already. I was stunned, but some other people noticed it too. So I'm feeling better! Thanks for your post, I think you are absolutely right.

Patience, patience...we will get there!!

Top braces on: January 9th, 2006. Lowers on February 14th, 2006
Full metalmouth!

M1k3y

#33 Post by M1k3y »

So how is your progress now?
Braced 5-27-06 - 18 months with braces
Case 1 - minor crookedness
Envision Composite Brackets
M1k3y's introduction with photos
M1k3y's journey with photos

Debranded 3-20-08

Joanna20

#34 Post by Joanna20 »

I am wondering too! Have your gaps closed?
Joanna

Next Ortho. consultations: Dec. 26 & January 16
Next Higienist consultation: February

Jesslzz

#35 Post by Jesslzz »

Updating...finally!!

I can't believe how much time has passed! Already 4 months since the last time I updated my journal...wow!

I have been very, very busy moving and starting with a new life in the city. For the first two months I didn't have internet connection at my place, so it was really difficult for me to update my journal. Later I got busy with work and my art course. I'm here, finally!

I will post a short comment about every adjustment and progress pic. There has been a lot of progress, even though I sometimes felt that it was some kind of back and forth movement, especially because my gaps are still here...But I'm slowly getting to the point they will start to close :)

I never stopped taking photos of my teeth but you will notice some of the pics have a yellow tint. My teeth aren't that yellow :P , is just that I tried to take pics with my new digital camera on my bathroom, and the lighting conditions there aren't very good. Unfortunately I noticed it too late :shock: I decided to continue to take pics with my cell phone as before...(less editing :wink:)

Jesslzz

#36 Post by Jesslzz »

April 2006

I don't remember this adjustment very well because it was quite fast, my ortho only replaced my ligs, I asked him about my front teeth, and I was out there 15 minutes later. I was concerned about my left front tooth being so uneven that it was already starting to bother me, as you can see in this picture.

Sorry...tinted pic. See that tooth? uughhh

I was getting annoyed by that tooth, so he showed me how my two front teeth got that weird shape because of the way they were positioned. He told me not to worry, that he would deal with it soon. I was wondering if he would file that tooth or do something with the bracket at the end of the treatment.

After a while I also started to get worried about my lowers, my two lower front teeth were separating badly from each other...I remember thinking that I should ask about it next consultation...On May

At least my upper arch was improving... :D

Jesslzz

#37 Post by Jesslzz »

May 2006
The wonders of bracket repositioning

Next adjustment came with a surprise: bracket repositioning. The bracket on my front tooth was placed lower that the rest, and I went back to the first archwire. I wish I would take several pics of my teeth that night, because changes started to happen right away! Next morning my tooth had completely moved, and two days later was up, up, up.

Can you see the bracket? It is still a little lower than the rest.

I asked about my lowers and my ortho told me that it was normal, he merely replaced my ligs there. I tried to do my best and not to worry, but it was hard, because I started to get obsessed about that diastema. Anyway, it was great to see my two front teeth get in almost the same line...and so fast! Great feeling, I was so amazed looking how the system was working.

Jesslzz

#38 Post by Jesslzz »

June 23, 2006
Heavier archwire and powerchain

This last adjustment was a real adjustment! My ortho changed my upper light archwire for the heavy one. I felt it inmediately. My front tooth started to go up even more. I still feel that tooth loose! It went so high that I thought that the two teeth would end up getting uneven again. And in fact, they are a little uneven now, because I feel the other tooth is located lower now!!! :shock:

Maybe you can't see it in the pic, the front teeth look a lot more even now, but my right incisive has a small curve that makes me feel it like it is longer than the left one. :o

My ortho put a powerchain and metal ligs on my lowers. (Oh my God, the pain!) He explained me that it would help to close that diastema. He also told me that on my next adjustment, if everything is going fine, I will start using a retracting archwire to close my gaps and ending with my overjet. This new archwire is square (Oh my God the pain 2!!) and has some keyhole shaped loops on it. He showed it to me but I don't have a clue how it really works :?
I left with a smile but when I got home I saw my smile and started thinking...

Ok, this tooth went up...maybe way too much?? This means that it would be necessary to lower it again? I feel these two teeth are way too up! What is this?!!???

And my lowers? There was no such as space between my lowers when I started this treatment, the braces opened a diastema, and now I need a powerchain to close something that wasn't there in the first place???

Back and forth, back and forth...and my gaps are still there!!! What if I need all these corrections before this new archwire can start working? I hope not!!!
Of course I will ask about these doubts of mine on my appointment next week, but it would be great if everything is actually ready for my new archwire...I can't wait for my gaps to close!
I'm discovering that this process really works...even though I feel a little insecure and afraid sometimes, I try to keep trusting on my ortho and all his knowledge. Keep smiling!!!

Jesslzz

#39 Post by Jesslzz »

My future profile with a little help from Photoshop

Hehe. I really needed to boost my confidence a little so I wanted to place two comparisons here, one real, the other imaginary, created with the help of my best friend from work, Photoshop.

This fake pic really helped me to visualize progress, and now is not so hard for me to imagine how great my profile will look without those hideous gaps. To see your teeth coming where they are supposed to be is great. It made me feel great so now I want to see how they look on my journal...anything to cheer us up, right??? :) :) :)

Before braces (extractions there)

Today...improving!

My current profile

I know this is not real yet, but...wooooowwww....I so want to get there! Soon, soon, soon...
My next adjustment is next Friday, July 21.

By the way, thank you M1k3y and Joanna20 for your posts...hope this update answer you questions :wink:

Joanna20

#40 Post by Joanna20 »

Great! Nearly there! :D

Joe

vegetara

#41 Post by vegetara »

wow!! that looks great!!

bracketed

#42 Post by bracketed »

Wow!! That overjet is now gone. Amazing!!

x3trinity

#43 Post by x3trinity »

Your teeth look so good!! I have a very bad overjet as well, (except I have a couple of gaps to go along with it) But I have really seen a lot of improvement and seeing your pictures really encourages me more!!

I am sooo happy for you, it looks like you don't have too much longer. :wink:

"God's love is always with you, God's promises are true."

Jesslzz

#44 Post by Jesslzz »

Thank you all for the replies!

I have been very busy lately, so I'm posting my progress now after the july and august adjustments and only a day ahead of my next one. Oh my god, time really does fly!! On august I had a really painful adjustment where my ortho finally put on me the infamous looped archwire. (Four loops on it!!!) I think I posted on the other forum that experience...It was so awful!

My lips got caught up on these loops everytime I smiled, it took me almost the whole month to adjust to these darn things. And the square archwire was a pain too. These are the photos I took from that:

This archwire started to work right away, in spite that the loops weren't activated yet. I went home the adjustment day feeling a little sad because my loops weren't working, so my gaps weren't closing yet...But when the pain started I have to say that I was truly happy with my ortho to give me more time to get used to the new archwire!!! :D :D

Full metalmouth!

Joanna20

#45 Post by Joanna20 »

OML!!!
Your teeth look amaysing!!! AWESOME! When those gaps close 100%, your smile will be perfect. Your teeth seem 10 times smaller than on the first pictures!
Take care,
Joanna