stephy79's story with pictures

If you want to share the detailed saga of your braces story, this is the place to do it. You can use this forum as a braces journal, editing and updating your posts as your treatment goes on. Remember to also visit the main ArchWired.com site for additional stories from other readers!

ATTENTION NEW MEMBERS: Do not post full-face photos or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

sjsarre

#16 Post by sjsarre »

Hi stephy79

Are you having the bottoms braced?

No doubt the ortho will use elastics etc to even them out towards the end of your treatment and stop the "down hill" effect!

stephy79

#17 Post by stephy79 »

Yup! I'm getting the bottom braces on Sept. 20th. I'm so not looking forward to elastics!

MuleNag

#18 Post by MuleNag »

Wow! You have had amazing progress! It has to make you feel so good to see the difference in those pics!
4 teeth extracted~4/27/06
Braced~5/11/06
Lowers off!~11/13/07
Bottoms off!!!!!!~07/15/08
My story~ http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=11249

joney

#19 Post by joney »

Amazing progress in such a short time. You must be really pleased, I know I would be.

stephy79

#20 Post by stephy79 »

Thank you everyone for your comments! I am pleased with how fast they are moving. I wasn't expecting them to move this quick!

lionfish

#21 Post by lionfish »

What fantastic progress after 9 weeks, stephy79.

Don't worry about elastics, they're not that bad. Apart from the fact that they like to break free when I'm eating, I'm mostly not aware that they're there. And they really get things moving.

belmikry

#22 Post by belmikry »

your teeth are moving so quickly! congrats on becoming braced! :)

I myself have the downward slope- no worries- it will be fixed- usually they use elastics, I'm still waiting for that day as well! o_o...
Braces off- 12 months 1 week in braces- estimate 18-21 months!
First time in braces- Damon 3's- 01-30-06 - 02-09-2007 hawley clear retainer on top, permenant retainer on bottom

swiss1

#23 Post by swiss1 »

Wow, such amazing progress stephy!! I can;t believe how quickly that tooth has come down! Here's to the rest of your journey going as smoothly! :-88

stephy79

#24 Post by stephy79 »

Thank you all so much! You are all so encouraging! I am so glad I found this message board, and that I can read about everyone else's experiences and share my experiences with people who know what I'm going through!! :BigTeethGrin:

groovie

Great improvements!

#25 Post by groovie »

WOW! Look at your day one and your recent picture...what a diffrence!! Can't wait to see more updated pics!

SUGARANGEL

#26 Post by SUGARANGEL »

Hey Stephy79, All I can said WOW! That is faasssst movement! You go girl! Take care.

2-6-2006 Top braces
6-6-2006 bottom braces
Sentenced 1-26-2006 for 24 months
All metals...
Debanded on June 18th 2008

kisses14

#27 Post by kisses14 »

Wow, teeth move THAT fast from braces! You are making GREAT progress! I haven't gotten my braces put on yet, but when I do, I hope that they move as fast as yours!!! :D

violinist

Re: stephy79's story with pictures

#28 Post by violinist »

stephy79 wrote:Ok, I did it! I had my braces put on my top teeth about an hour ago. I was so nervous! I couldn't stop shaking! It wasn't that bad. Nothing they did hurt me in any way. I didn't really taste any of that sour stuff that they use. So it went pretty well. I chose the pearl colored ligs. I don't want to draw any attention to them in any way! I have a cross bite, so as soon as my top front teeth come out over my bottom teeth, I can get my bottom braces on. The ortho said it shouldn't take but a few weeks! She had to put this thing on the back of one of my bottom teeth to keep my bottom teeth from hitting the braces on my top teeth. Hopefully that thingy will come of at my next appointment on July 13th. Okay, well here are some pics:

This is me this morning before braces:
Image Image

And this is with braces:
Image Image

you have to wear hadgear don't you? I can tell through the loops in the bach backets in the back of your mouth. well hey its whatever getts ur teeth perfect.

SDFD TSchott

Re: stephy79's story with pictures

#29 Post by SDFD TSchott »

violinist wrote:
stephy79 wrote: You have to wear hadgear don't you? I can tell through the loops in the bach backets in the back of your mouth. well hey its whatever getts ur teeth perfect.
violinist I have the same molar bands and I was told that I don't need headgear. So as KiwiwKaren has stated, "those tubes on the molar bands do not mean that Stephy has to wear headgear! Often the come standard with the brackets. Please read the members story before making a comment like this!"

Sorry to repost what KK stated but I just thought I'd post anyways!

SDFD TSchott
CODE 4

Adjustment Sept 14th, 2018
Braces back on August 06, 2018
Braces off April 02, 2008

lemonlyme

#30 Post by lemonlyme »

Those are the same tubes that i have, that are causing me such misery at the moment... I don't need headgear. Are yours causing you any trouble? I'm trying to find something to stop mine from scratching my cheeks up, wax isnt helping much :(