juf_84's smile ~I'm back and naked~

If you want to share the detailed saga of your braces story, this is the place to do it. You can use this forum as a braces journal, editing and updating your posts as your treatment goes on. Remember to also visit the main ArchWired.com site for additional stories from other readers!

ATTENTION NEW MEMBERS: Do not post full-face photos or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

juf_84

#61 Post by juf_84 »

Thankyou Joe, Linda, Bracedagain, Lionfish, Rage and Karen!

Things are going fairly well. Last weekend I finally found out why people say braces are so painful. My lower right cuspid decided to let me know it was moving and was not happy about it! :-(* I was in agony for two days and even some paracetamol + coedine didn't help. However, this little tooth settled down and things have been fine for the last week.

I have my first adjustment tomorrow morning at 9.45 and can't wait!

I'll post on here afterwards to let you know how I went. Take care everyone!

Jennifer
Banded 22 June 2006.
Debanded 24 July 2007.
Loving it!

juf_84

#62 Post by juf_84 »

My first adjustment went quite well.

I thought I would only be seeing the assistant as my ortho is based in Sydney and I'm not sure how often he flies up to Armidale, but he was there and did all the work :D The first thing he did was ask whether I had seen much movement and I told him I was very happy with what I had seen. He also asked if I had experienced much pain, and I told him everything had been fine apart from that one little tooth last weekend. He was very sympathetic and told me he couldn't explain why one tooth would hurt so much, but that it was normal.

He then cut my old wires straight away :banana: and gave me some new, stronger wires. He heated the ends so that they would bend before he put them in my mouth- which is why I haven't experienced the poking wire so many people do. I think that was really thoughtful of him!

It hurt when my brackets were being closed but it was over very quickly. I now have to wear Tom 24/7 in the same configuration as before, and I'm pretty happy about that as it means movement and progress!!

All in all it was a great adjustment. Now I'm a bit sore but nothing I can't deal with.

I saw an old friend at the ortho's office. We went through highschool together, and I have never known here without braces- she is my age, 22. She was getting her braces off, and was terrified as it has been so long since she had been "naked". She looked fantastic when I left and I told her so. I'm sending her positive thoughts tonight and tomorrow (her first day at work "naked") as she's a bit worried about all the attention she'll get. She is a teacher and her class put on a play for her last week- about a girl getting her braces off! She was really touched by that.

Take care everyone,

Jennifer
Banded 22 June 2006.
Debanded 24 July 2007.
Loving it!

juf_84

#63 Post by juf_84 »

Hi all,

:-)o Just want to jump on here to celebrate the two month mark! :-)o

Day 1:

Two Months On:

Things are great- I am used to wearing the elastics all the time and the pain from the adjustment last week has settled down- I even had a steak tonight! Gaps continue to open up in my top arch and flossing is now a breeze.

Take care everyone, I'll :computer: you later!

Jennifer
Banded 22 June 2006.
Debanded 24 July 2007.
Loving it!

belmikry

#64 Post by belmikry »

sorry to come in so late SPAM SPAM SPAMMING- but I just wanted to let you know your progress is fantastic! congrats :) I love your positive attitude- :)
Braces off- 12 months 1 week in braces- estimate 18-21 months!
First time in braces- Damon 3's- 01-30-06 - 02-09-2007 hawley clear retainer on top, permenant retainer on bottom

Blonde_Metal04

#65 Post by Blonde_Metal04 »

Hello Juf_84!

Your two month progress looks great! Your archwire has straightened out so much! Congrats on the progress..
Spacers: 08/09/2006

lionfish

#66 Post by lionfish »

Great progress juf_84. It seems like you've got the whole braces thing taped.

Hope you enjoyed the steak. I'll be sinking mine into some osso buco tonight. Unfortunately, I have to get through a long day at work first!

hannah164

#67 Post by hannah164 »

That's some awesome progress you've got there! Congratulations! :thumbsup: :dance: :-#) :banana: Great to hear you're adjusting so well!
Keep it up!

~hAnnah

[/url]
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]

Top braces: 4/28/04
Bottom braces: 11/16/05

elena_k

#68 Post by elena_k »

awww....it's always nice to see your teeth respond to your doctors commands :D :P

juf_84

#69 Post by juf_84 »

Thanks Kiwi, Belmikry, Blonde, Lionfish, Bracedagain, Linda, Rage, Hannah and Elena!

Your words of support really do help! I have a confession to make... :oops: my journey is not always a breeze. I have off days but for some reason I don't like to complain. I haven't been seeing a lot of change since my archwire straightened out but I do feel changes- tonight I discovered quite a noticable gap between some bottom teeth- and for me that's a big deal My bottom arch has always been quite crowded. I know that my ortho has big things planned for me- and there will be times when I see changes, and other times when changes are going on that are just as important but not as noticeable.

I do feel very lucky that Tom just feels like a normal part of my mouth. I believe that it because I had eight weeks to get used to him only spending the night with me, so when the time came to commit to the relationship, it wasn't a big change. I hope Kiwi, that soon you and Green will be inseparable!

Lionfish, the steak was pretty good (for a college steak- they cook for 400 people.) It was actually a bit rare for my liking, but tender. The funny thing is if I'd had one of my Dad's steaks, well done, I wouldn't have been able to eat it as it would have been too tough.

Sorry for the scroller! It's great having this resource to come on and have a ramble every now and then.

Jennifer
Banded 22 June 2006.
Debanded 24 July 2007.
Loving it!

juf_84

#70 Post by juf_84 »

Hi!!

:-1 I'm now more than two and a half months through treatment, and I just can't wait until the three month mark to update my progress so I thought, what the heck, I'll just jump on and post my progress! :-1

Things are going well. I have been experiencing regular discomfort but it's not a big deal- often it's not bad enough for panadol but it's annoying! I find myself clenching a lot more, especially at night. I've never really done that so it's a new experience.

Tom now joins me for every meal, although he often pops out after a few bites, but at least I am trying. Apart from that, he is not causing any problems at all. :D

I haven't really noticed a great deal of change over the last few weeks- but here are my pics, they might show more!

Day 1:

One Month:

Two Months:

Today... Two Months, 2 weeks and 6 days in:

Actually, things are looking good- that archwire is really straightening out!

Catch you all later,

Jennifer
Banded 22 June 2006.
Debanded 24 July 2007.
Loving it!

joney

#71 Post by joney »

Great progress, I'm really pleased for you. :D

kisses14

#72 Post by kisses14 »

Wow! I just wanted to say that your teeth have moved a lot and they are looking really good! I love your attitude about all of this! I was very discouraged, sad, scared and nervous after my consultation, but since then I have thought a lot about it & read a lot of posts on here & my attitude has changed a lot! I'm actually excited and anxious to get started! I go on 9/14/06 for my first visit to do xrays, and have the spacers put in. I'm nervous about the pain, but I have prepared myself (or I think I have). I just wanted to say that I have enjoyed reading and following your treatment, and your attitude has really encouraged me!!! Good luck with the rest of your treatment!!! :D

lionfish

#73 Post by lionfish »

Great stuff, juf_84. The difference between now and when you started is quite distinct.

I also can't get those blasted elastics to stay put when I eat.

Jillianleab

#74 Post by Jillianleab »

Great progress! Your teeth are coming along really nicely! I hope your ortho is as pleased as you are!
~jlb~

Braced 5/19/06 - Full Metal Mouth!
Went topless 07/27/07!
Totally NAKED 08/30/07!

See my braces story with lots of pics here:
http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtop ... 2806#92806

chillin-in-grilz

wow!

#75 Post by chillin-in-grilz »

It looks so cool seeing the transformation. I cant wait how my teeth will show in progress. the more stories I read the more anxious Im getting :) Im soooo jealous. lol
Brace Free February 17th, 2009

Braces January 29, 2007