nandini's braces

If you want to share the detailed saga of your braces story, this is the place to do it. You can use this forum as a braces journal, editing and updating your posts as your treatment goes on. Remember to also visit the main ArchWired.com site for additional stories from other readers!

ATTENTION NEW MEMBERS: Do not post full-face photos or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

nandini

nandini's braces

#1 Post by nandini »

It's been two days since I had the braces in.

I was not prepared for the look of the brackets they put in - I was told that they would use Damon 3's which are partly clear and they ended up using all metal Carriere LX. Some people here (thanks!) help me identify what they were.

The ortho has still not called back to confirm that is what they are though I left a message with his assistent who is quite nice. I think the problem is they usually deal with kids who don't ask don't care.

Anyway, since I'm over the initial shock of looking this way I think I'm going to stick with them instead of going through that lip retractor thing again! They had to use a kids one for me and pad it with cotton wool as it was killing me. and since I now have a full blown sore throat and cold (not strep according to my doctor but a viral ulcer in the back of my throat) and can't even talk it's not worth even calling and talking to anyone at the ortho.

Here are my initial pics to get my journal rolling since at least seeing progress over the months and years (!!!) to come will keep me going.

BEFORE PICTURE

DAY 1

Here's hoping all goes well and I get over this sinking feeling I have thinking about how long I'm going to be these things!
Last edited by nandini on Thu Aug 24, 2006 5:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

RainyDay2

#2 Post by RainyDay2 »

Hi Nandini! Congratulations. I just got mine last week. Well only my uppers. They look very nice on you!! Really!

belmikry

#3 Post by belmikry »

congrats on starting your journey! :)

I'm sorry- why did they select the different types of brackets? I have Damon 3's- although they placed all metal on my bottom [damon 2's I think] without telling me >_>... I assume because the full metal work faster in comparison- or so I was told- I'm not quite sure :)

I must say- you look fantastic- don't worry about your braces! I know I felt super self conscious too- especially since I was the only adult case they had at the time- and they were acting like they would with children, being like: "ohhh- look at how shiny your teeth are!" and i almost cried... honestly...
I really wish that orthodontia would take a look at the amount of adults today with braces and start treating us in a better manner- I know we are a minority- but honestly- they are adults- shouldn't they have some sort of recognition of treatment?

---anyways- sorry to rant- I came by to welcome you and congratulate you on your journey thus far- you look fantastic [honestly- i was i looked that good in braces right now!] and i look forward to hearing your updates! :)
Braces off- 12 months 1 week in braces- estimate 18-21 months!
First time in braces- Damon 3's- 01-30-06 - 02-09-2007 hawley clear retainer on top, permenant retainer on bottom

nandini

thanks

#4 Post by nandini »

Thanks everyone for the welcome. I'm very self-concious. My lips keep getting tangeled in the braces when I try to talk. I'm almost glad for the cold - gives me an excuse to cower at home instead of being out and about and running into people I know.

The few people I know that I ran into at the supermarket, CVS and taking my kids to the pool get this "look" when they first realize I got braces - or maybe it's just in my head! Next week it's back to school and then there is no hiding since I'm usually helping out at various PTO things.

At least it's not anyway near as bad as having my 2 impacted wisdom teeth taken out 2 months ago! That was BAD!
Last edited by nandini on Sat Oct 21, 2006 6:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

belmikry

#5 Post by belmikry »

I promise this feeling doesn't last forever- when I got braces, I was soooo self conscious- I almost called in sick at work and didn't show up to one of my lectures because I was afraid of the stares- I thought nothing could be worse than how I looked...

funny thing was, hardly anyone noticed- and when they did- all they said was- "You have braces? thats weird- but cool!" which at first made me want to jump off a roof since they had to notice what I saw- but then once my teeth started straightening out- all I could do is smile and show everyone hwho was willing my improvements! I promise the day will come where you feel positive about your braces- :)

my lips and talking took awhile too- and when I'm tired I slip up as well- but your mouth will get used to it- and nobody seems to notice but you- funny how self conscious we can get over something we've seen others wear and sport for ages.... :)
Braces off- 12 months 1 week in braces- estimate 18-21 months!
First time in braces- Damon 3's- 01-30-06 - 02-09-2007 hawley clear retainer on top, permenant retainer on bottom

nandini

more pictures

#6 Post by nandini »

Tried to get inside shots this time. There ... I'm done taking pictures until my first appointment/adjustment !!

TOP TEETH

BOTTOM TEETH

nandini

First Adjustment - with photos

#7 Post by nandini »

I just had my first adjustment yesterday. It was quick and easy. The ortho took the wire off and trimmed it and reshaped it a bit and put it back on. The teeth have a moved a bit ... I'm really pleased with the way it is going.

I didn't really ask too many questions. My 8 year old had 2 extractions just before my appointment and he was standing next to me with bloody gauge stuffed in his face all the time. I just wanted to get out of there !

Here are some pictures

compare to
DAY 1

tulip

#8 Post by tulip »

Wow, amazing progress in such a short time. Good going!

M1k3y

#9 Post by M1k3y »

Good job. Keep it up.
Braced 5-27-06 - 18 months with braces
Case 1 - minor crookedness
Envision Composite Brackets
M1k3y's introduction with photos
M1k3y's journey with photos

Debranded 3-20-08

Sweet L

#10 Post by Sweet L »

Congrats! everything seems to be changing really fast! :banana:

Good luck, and please keep us posted :D

flesh-was-sweet

#11 Post by flesh-was-sweet »

Amazing progress!!

I got my braces today...i only hope my progress is as great as yours!

Natalie

#12 Post by Natalie »

WOW!!! i cannot believe the difference in just 2 months! i get my braces tomorrow and i hope so much that my teeth move so quickly!

nandini

Thanks !

#13 Post by nandini »

Thanks so much for the support and comments. It is so nice to be able to bare your teeth and share the nitty gritty of tooth movement with people who bother to look and comment !!! :computer: