Leslie022 - DEBANDING SET

If you want to share the detailed saga of your braces story, this is the place to do it. You can use this forum as a braces journal, editing and updating your posts as your treatment goes on. Remember to also visit the main ArchWired.com site for additional stories from other readers!

ATTENTION NEW MEMBERS: Do not post full-face photos or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Leslie022

#76 Post by Leslie022 »

Ok, so I had my 3rd adjustment today and it went really well. A lot happened! First they took out the blue stuff (BTW my ortho calls it "band locks") in my molars. It felt really weird having them touch normally again. Next, the ortho shaped my front two teeth and did a little bonding (because of a ridge in the tooth). Look at the picture! They look so much better!!! What was a little pain was when he used some wire as floss to get the material out of between my teeth. Felt like sand paper! Finally, they installed the things to use ELASTICS! I'm now sporting some rather unattractive elastics. The best news of the day...quoted from my ortho:

"It looks like you're almost done! You're looking great!"

Holy cow! Hopefully he's right! He asked the asst. how long I'd been there and she said only 6 months. I'm excited today! :)

Anyway, here is my latest comparison picture!

I took the "Grand Canyon" out of my title -- it doesn't seem to fit me anymore!
Braced: Jan. 17, 2006
Removed: Oct. 26, 2006
Fixed bottom retainer
Clear Essix Retainer on top

sjsarre

#77 Post by sjsarre »

Great movement... Your teeth look wonderful!!!

SUGARANGEL

#78 Post by SUGARANGEL »

hey! Wow! Beeeeaauuutifuuul Smile!!!!! Looks like ready to take it off soon?

2-6-2006 Top braces
6-6-2006 bottom braces
Sentenced 1-26-2006 for 24 months
All metals...
Debanded on June 18th 2008

momofbrock

#79 Post by momofbrock »

WOW your smile is looking GREAT! I'm excited to get braces so someday I can have teeth like that!

SOON! :D

Leslie022

#80 Post by Leslie022 »

I've been bad! I didn't wear my elastics at all yesterday. I just didn't think about it!! What's more, I didn't put my elastics on today until 7PM. Opps. They get on my nerves because I can't lick the corners of my mouth. Grr! I don't really like how they make my teeth fit. It feels like my lower canines are hitting my upper teeth. Annoying! Oh wel, hopefully I won't "forget" tomorrow!
Fixed bottom retainer

jenfire

#81 Post by jenfire »

Your teeth look great. I hope my orthodontist will also shape my teeth. Does it hurt at all? You're so lucky to be nearly done after 6 months!
Ceramic Braces and RPE, estimated treatment 18 months

Leslie022

#82 Post by Leslie022 »

Your teeth look great. I hope my orthodontist will also shape my teeth. Does it hurt at all? You're so lucky to be nearly done after 6 months!
No, it doesn't hurt at all but it does smell pretty awful! Somewhat like burning flesh...NASTY!! :yuck:
Fixed bottom retainer

todddutton

#83 Post by todddutton »

Okay...I understand how you feel about elastics. I've been in them for 3 months now. UGH.

My bite seems to change so often. But my ortho says if you miss even one day, it can really throw things off.

Please wear your elastics as instructed...otherwise, you may have a longer treatment time!

Good luck!

Leslie022

#84 Post by Leslie022 »

I just had a funny thing happen. I was eating these extremely yummy cookies called <b>Hit Biscuits</b>. If you've never tried them, you must! They taste great! Anyway, I was trying to put one of these in my mouth and, of course, I had my elastics in as prescribed. I kept trying to push the cookie into my mouth and it wouldn't go!!! Finally I realized my elastics were blocking the cookie. A pointless post, I know, but funny!

Fixed bottom retainer

jennandtonic

#85 Post by jennandtonic »

I just read through your thread and I have one thing to say: wow! You have made incredible progress, and in only 6 months! Too bad not everyone's can go that quickly!

Your commentary on adjusting to your elastics is funny. I bet I'll have the same problems when I have to start wearing mine, lol.

I also use the Phos Flur brand but it's not the rinse, it's this gel paste that I brush with after normal brushing each night. I hate the cherry flavor but that's all my pharmacy carried!

Anyway, you have gorgeous teeth!

Leslie022

#86 Post by Leslie022 »

I had a terrible dream that the gap between my teeth opened back up! Luckily I woke up and there was no gap!
Fixed bottom retainer

Leslie022

#87 Post by Leslie022 »

I had my 4th adjustment today. My ortho sat down, looked at my teeth, and just kept saying, "Wow!" He told me that my bite on both sides is perfect, my midline is perfect, my top teeth cover my bottom perfectly... They are referring me to a periodontist for my frenectomy. They want to see me again in 4 weeks. Hopefully I can get the frenectomy before then. I'm not sure if they will take the braces off before I get it or not. So! I'm pretty thrilled!

Fixed bottom retainer

joney

#88 Post by joney »

Hi Lelslie022
Your teeth look perfect. I am really pleased for you.

belmikry

#89 Post by belmikry »

congrats leslie! :D that's fantastic news- those teeth look superb! ;)
Braces off- 12 months 1 week in braces- estimate 18-21 months!
First time in braces- Damon 3's- 01-30-06 - 02-09-2007 hawley clear retainer on top, permenant retainer on bottom

jennandtonic

#90 Post by jennandtonic »

awesome news leslie! Congratulations!