Anni's Braces Story - Braces are off!!!! Pics Page 9!

If you want to share the detailed saga of your braces story, this is the place to do it. You can use this forum as a braces journal, editing and updating your posts as your treatment goes on. Remember to also visit the main ArchWired.com site for additional stories from other readers!

ATTENTION NEW MEMBERS: Do not post full-face photos or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

flesh-was-sweet

Anni's Braces Story - Braces are off!!!! Pics Page 9!

#1 Post by flesh-was-sweet »

Hey there :D

I'm 20 and finally getting braces!

I am having the first part of my brace 'installed' this coming Thursday and i'm really quite excited!

Metal brackets top and bottom, 2 biscupids to be extracted on the top but that happens after the brace is fitted :?: :?:

However i'm just happy things are finally starting!

Now to find out if they have pink and purple ligs...:D

I'll put some pics up on Thursday!

(oh, and 2 nights ago i had the 'teeth dream'...I dreamt my teeth and braces fell out!!)
Last edited by flesh-was-sweet on Thu Nov 13, 2008 11:42 am, edited 13 times in total.

SUGARANGEL

#2 Post by SUGARANGEL »

Hey flesh-was-sweet, Glad to hear about your getting braces this thursday. Yesssss, Most orthodontist have bunches different colors of ligations. I had purple last time and now I have pink. I just had my 3rd adjustment last wednesday. Colours ligations are so coooool! Hope everythings go great for you this thursday. Let us know how it went. Take care.

2-6-2006 Top braces
6-6-2006 bottom braces
Sentenced 1-26-2006 for 24 months
All metals...
Debanded on June 18th 2008

Joanna20

#3 Post by Joanna20 »

:banana: Hey gurl! :banana:
Welcome!

Nice to know you are starting your journey. I've also started age 20, just thinking I'll be 21 in 2 1/2 months :huh: Anyways It's never too late and I think late teenagehood/beg. of adulthood is a great deal 'cause we are no longer so concerned with what others think and we're more confident about our beauty and our skills.
I hope this will be an easy, quick journey for you. I can't wait to see the pictures and your future progress! Remember to keep a good oral hygiene :-} !

Luv,
Joanna

Next Ortho. consultations: Dec. 26 & January 16
Next Higienist consultation: February

flesh-was-sweet

#4 Post by flesh-was-sweet »

Thanks so much everyone!!

:D

flesh-was-sweet

#5 Post by flesh-was-sweet »

Aw I only got my spacers in today :(

But i've been assured i'll be fully braced in 2 weeks!

toothfairy

#6 Post by toothfairy »

Aw I only got my spacers in today :(

But i've been assured i'll be fully braced in 2 weeks!
Spacers are the best part. ;) Hopefully you won't experience too much pain.

2 weeks will fly by before you know it. :)

antsika

#7 Post by antsika »

Hi Anni! (I am also Ani :) ) Good luck for your journey and on your B-day! I am awaiting your pics!

Upper and lower Evolution linguals
B-day: 30. 06. 2006
Treatment time app. 2 years

flesh-was-sweet

#8 Post by flesh-was-sweet »

Random update...since the spacers were put in...my TMJ appears to have gone :shock:

10 years of agony and a few little blue things solve the problem!!

flesh-was-sweet

#9 Post by flesh-was-sweet »

Hey everyone!

It has been a few weeks since an update so here goes...

I woke up on August 20th to find that my jaw was 'stuck', a trip to hospital and 5 hours later I was told that the jaw had gone into a spasm :(

So for a week I could hardly eat or drink...I lost quite a bit of weight...slipped to 6 stone and ended up in hospital on a drip :(

However, the treatment plan has started again and I am having 2 upper bicuspids extracted tomorrow!

I'm having my brace fitted on October 19th to give my jaw time to recover completely :)

I am a bit worried about the extractions...i'm scared of blood so i'm hoping there isn't a lot of it!!

I have a few pictures so i will upload them when i get my brace.

Take care everyone!

Anni :)

kisses14

#10 Post by kisses14 »

Your jaw got stuck? Wow, that's kinda scary! But, it seems like it didn't discourage you so that's good!!! How was your spacer experience? Did they hurt you bad?

momofbrock

#11 Post by momofbrock »

:) Hmmm reading your post I was just thinking "I haven't noticed my jaw pains since I got my braces on" I hadn't realized until now!!!!!!!!!

Maybe it's just cuz all my teeth hurt so I don't notice my jaw. ha ha :lol:

juf_84

#12 Post by juf_84 »

Ouch! You poor thing! I'm glad your treatment is now going forward though- and fingers crossed your jaw doesn't get "stuck" again.
Banded 22 June 2006.
Debanded 24 July 2007.
Loving it!

flesh-was-sweet

#13 Post by flesh-was-sweet »

kisses14 wrote:Your jaw got stuck? Wow, that's kinda scary! But, it seems like it didn't discourage you so that's good!!! How was your spacer experience? Did they hurt you bad?
Hey again!

When you get the spacers placed, it feels a bit like you've got a bit of meat stuck between your teeth for a few days - there will be some pain for a couple of days but nothing you can't handle :)

flesh-was-sweet

#14 Post by flesh-was-sweet »

My 2 bicuspids have left the building :D

It took less than 2 minutes for them both to be extracted!!

I had set myself up for about half an hour of pain but I didn't feel a thing!

Not so sure about the taste of blood in my mouth though...

flesh-was-sweet

#15 Post by flesh-was-sweet »

Hey everyone!

It has been 4 weeks since my extractions...had absolutely no problems what so ever thankfully!

Tomorrow is my brace day :D

I'm quite excited but I just hope my TMJ doesn't kick in!!

I'm going to take some 'before' pics tomorrow morning...i'll post when i get the braces on tomorrow!

Anni