Bell'z Journey (Damon3) with pics

If you want to share the detailed saga of your braces story, this is the place to do it. You can use this forum as a braces journal, editing and updating your posts as your treatment goes on. Remember to also visit the main ArchWired.com site for additional stories from other readers!

ATTENTION NEW MEMBERS: Do not post full-face photos or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Bell

Bell'z Journey (Damon3) with pics

#1 Post by Bell »

Im due to get Damon3 Braces in approx 1 month (11th Sept 06), im quite nervous but at the same time very excited. :D

I have been recommended to get the Top and bottom parts of my teeth in braces using the Damon3 System. I have crowding to the top and bottom front of my teeth/mouth.
Everytime i went to my local dentist, he would say 'you have a great smile, if only you could get braces to straigten out your teeth and spread them out abit'. For many years i have been self conscious of my looks particuarly when my photograph is taken, i tend to close my mouth if i can. :?
I am going to post some images so you can see the before and after pics of my journey.
Could someone guide me how to do this? it would be appreciated :)

I am going to my orthodontist on 31st Aug 06 to have impressions done then on 11th Sept 06 i have my braces put on....
I have been logging onto this site everyday since finding out im getting damon3 braces, this site has been very helpful and answering my questions :)

lionfish

#2 Post by lionfish »

Hi bell, and welcome.

I'm also in Sydney, and there are a growing band of us here as well as others from around the country.

As far as posting pics is concerned, if you have a digital camera, set it on macro (flower icon) and line it up about 6 inches away from your mouth. This may be easier to do in front of a mirror so that you can focus on what you want to photograph. Then upload the image to Photobucket or Imageshack (free picture hosts), and copy it from there to this site.

Bell

#3 Post by Bell »

Thanks for that, i have the digital camera etc, i will download the Photobucket or Imageshack so i can upload the pics.
This website is soooo helpful, im glad my orthodonist's website gave me this link for adults with braces. :lol:

Bell

#4 Post by Bell »

[img]
hopefully i have done this right :roll:
i have attached some pics of my current smile :? before treatment commences
i have used imageshack and linked to this forum.
http://img147.imageshack.us/my.php?image=img0312de5.jpg
http://img207.imageshack.us/img207/3381/img0319ud4.jpg

lionfish

#5 Post by lionfish »

Yep, those pics are great. Your dentist is right, you have a great smile.

Bell

Bellz Journey

#6 Post by Bell »

Hey Thanks for your help, im getting used to using the great features on this site ....

i think i may shrink my pics cos that one looked HUGE :oops:

Yes im looking foward to getting my braces, i am alittle nervous as im in a very face to face job, so im in the public eye quite alot, i have a young looking face already and alot of people think im younger than what im actually.... :P

Thanks for your guidance once again re: the pics i will give it a go

Bell

#7 Post by Bell »

Hi all,
booked into orthodontist today for impressions :lol:

then the big day 11th Sept 2006 :dance:

I have been reading everyones journey for the past few days, been extremely helpful. Chatted with alot of people about damon3 system. Some negative comments, however mostly a big thumbs up :singing:

I will keep you all updated :P

Oh, ps, does anyone know how to place the time line with nice picture?
~Damon 3 Braces top and bottom~
~Braced on 11th September 2006~

juf_84

#8 Post by juf_84 »

Hi Bell!!

Great to see another Aussie on the boards! I'm all the way up in chilly Armidale but my ortho is Sydney based, plus my bf lives there so I'm an honourary Sydneysider!

If you would like to get a ticker, go to http://www.tickerfactory.com and you'll have a gorgeous timeline in no time at all. If you need any more help, check out the How Do I? section of the BB:
viewforum.php?f=20

Good luck counting down to the big day- the time before B-Day seemed to d r a g for me but you'll get there in no time at all- and then the fun can start!

Jennifer
Banded 22 June 2006.
Debanded 24 July 2007.
Loving it!

Bell

Bellz journey

#9 Post by Bell »

Hi all ~
I had my impressions on Thursday 31 Aug 06 (last week) and that went fine, was in and out within approx 6 mins.

Not long now 1 week to B-day :jump:
Pretty excited now, looking forward to getting them put on. Just not looking forward to the discomfort of getting used to them in the first week.
i have also scheduled to take a week off work so i can also relax ~ more of an excuse to take a long deserved week off ~ :-9

I have stocked up on lip balm, wax and im going to buy some sea salt today so i can rinse my mouth a few times a day when i get braces put on.

Do you think its a good idea to take 1 nurofun/advil before going in and getting braces put on? ive heard by speaking to a few people on this forum that its helpful.... :?:

I hope to place some pics when i get my braces on for you all to see, until then thank you all for your support and advice. Speak to you all soon :D

Bell

Bell'z Journey

#10 Post by Bell »

Hi all~
Well ive taken the plunge and im finally braced (as of yesterday). I have alot of sensitivity of my teeth not so much pain as yet.

The procedure went well, took approx 1 hr to have my braces put on, the worst part was the ortho clipping the wire in, it kinda hurt around the crook teeth cos its harder to clip in. Otherwise all went well.

Today, being the day after, i feel okay, trying to get used to having the braces in my mouth, im living off soup and soft foods that don't require any chewing whatso ever.

I felt like pampering myself today so i got my hair coloured... im just a little self conscious about my braces and the noticability of others when i speak to them, my family think they look good and my hair dresser said she didn't notice them until i told her i got braces yesterday :lol:

Well im happy that this is the beggining of a nice smile :lol:

Bell

#11 Post by Bell »

Hi all ~

I have attached a pic of my braces...... :lol:

belmikry

#12 Post by belmikry »

congrats on your B-day bell! jut remember- we are all here for you and if you have any qwuestions- dont hesitate to ask! :)
Braces off- 12 months 1 week in braces- estimate 18-21 months!
First time in braces- Damon 3's- 01-30-06 - 02-09-2007 hawley clear retainer on top, permenant retainer on bottom