Mmmmuuaa's Teeth are Bare! Feb. 20- new pic's. p.8+9

If you want to share the detailed saga of your braces story, this is the place to do it. You can use this forum as a braces journal, editing and updating your posts as your treatment goes on. Remember to also visit the main ArchWired.com site for additional stories from other readers!

ATTENTION NEW MEMBERS: Do not post full-face photos or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Mmmmuuaa

Mmmmuuaa's Teeth are Bare! Feb. 20- new pic's. p.8+9

#1 Post by Mmmmuuaa »

Hi Everyone

Well I've worn my splint for just over 3 months and my jaw is good enough for me to get braced. My appointment is October 11th. I'm very excited because I've wanted to do this for 10 years. I'll post a before picture and once my braces are on I'll post another. It'll keep me motivated to track my process. Here goes!

I'll make sure to start salt water rinses a week before. What's the ratio anyway?

Annie
Last edited by Mmmmuuaa on Wed Feb 20, 2008 8:35 pm, edited 14 times in total.

lionfish

#2 Post by lionfish »

I use a tspn of salt to a tall tumbler of warm water. All the best for 11 October.

joney

#3 Post by joney »

Hi Mmmmuuaa

Good luck for October 11th. I'm due to get my brace on October 27th so you'll be a few weeks ahead of me.

Regards
Joney

turrrtlelove22

#4 Post by turrrtlelove22 »

Good luck to you...I get spacers the day after you get braces...we will be like a week apart...yay
LiFe iS A HoOt iF You arE aN oWL...O.o

Sept. 28 ~ Consult with Orthodontist
Dec. 5 ~ Spacers In
Dec. 12 ~ Braces On!!!

tiggrr2001

#5 Post by tiggrr2001 »

Good Luck! I also get banded on the 11th. I can't wait. Thanks for asking about the salt water ratio. I was also wondering about that. :D

Sweet L

#6 Post by Sweet L »

Hi Annie:
Congratulations!! Good luck! you'll see time goes really fast, enjoy the experience of being able of fixing your teeth...
Next November, it'll be my turn to start!!
:D Take care

Mmmmuuaa

#7 Post by Mmmmuuaa »

Ok, only 2 more days till I get braced. My appointment is supposed to take 1 1/2 hrs. I see here that some people get the arch wire put on later. I this normal? I was under the impression that I was getting everything on but now I was wondering if they're only putting on the brackets. I hope not, I'd like it all done at once.

Mmmmuuaa

#8 Post by Mmmmuuaa »

Ok, only 2 more days till I get braced. My appointment is supposed to take 1 1/2 hrs. I see here that some people get the arch wire put on later. I this normal? I was under the impression that I was getting everything on but now I was wondering if they're only putting on the brackets. I hope not, I'd like it all done at once.

Mmmmuuaa

#9 Post by Mmmmuuaa »

Mmmmuuaa

#10 Post by Mmmmuuaa »

Mmmmuuaa

#11 Post by Mmmmuuaa »

Now why did it post the same post 4 times? Weird.

SDFD TSchott

#12 Post by SDFD TSchott »

I had brackets and wire all on at the same time and only took me about 55 minutes to an hour at the most for the process.

SDFD TSchott

Adjustment Sept 14th, 2018
Braces back on August 06, 2018
Braces off April 02, 2008

juf_84

#13 Post by juf_84 »

Best of luck for Wednesday, Mmmmuuaa!

I got everything at the one appointment- upper and lower brackets and wires. I guess every ortho does things differently.
Banded 22 June 2006.
Debanded 24 July 2007.
Loving it!

Meghan's braces Part Deux

Good luck!

#14 Post by Meghan's braces Part Deux »

I had my wire put in at the same appointment as my brackets. There was maybe 1/2 an hour between when I got the brackets & when the wire was inserted, and I remember feeling like the brackets were going to fall off. They weren't, of course, that cement is hard! But it felt like that. But I'm sure I would have gotten used to it, you can get used to anything.

Good luck at your appointment! If I were you I would stock up on soft food, & have a big blowout the night before with all the hard stuff you're going to have to give up for a while. My last free night I ate lots of nachos!

GemGal

#15 Post by GemGal »

Mmmmuuaa wrote:Ok, only 2 more days till I get braced. My appointment is supposed to take 1 1/2 hrs. I see here that some people get the arch wire put on later. I this normal? I was under the impression that I was getting everything on but now I was wondering if they're only putting on the brackets. I hope not, I'd like it all done at once.
I got everything put on in one appointment and I agree, it's easier to just get it all out of the way.