Bell Braced 27.09.06 - My Story

If you want to share the detailed saga of your braces story, this is the place to do it. You can use this forum as a braces journal, editing and updating your posts as your treatment goes on. Remember to also visit the main ArchWired.com site for additional stories from other readers!

ATTENTION NEW MEMBERS: Do not post full-face photos or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

MBell

Bell Braced 27.09.06 - My Story

#1 Post by MBell »

Hi Guys

I am 21 year old female. I got braced on the 27.09.06 - I have been thinking about getting braces since I was about 17 but never got round to doing it due to being so embarrased about my teeth - could not even bear to let the dentist see my teeth. I always thought my crooked teeth as I have a lot of crowding both upper and lower were due to poor dental hygiene - probly was as when I was little toothpaste made me want to spew. not any more though.
I finally decided to get some balls and go to the dentist this was on the 25.08.06 - they said I was a perfect canadate for braces and should take 18 months 24 at the most (I'm hoping for 18 months)
I had to get fillings no extractions.

The reason I got braces was to improve my confidence, I always try avoid talking to people so they didnt notice my teeth, I never open mouth smiled in photos, and mumbled quite a bit due to trying not to open my mouth wide enough for my teeth to show.

The day I was braced I nearly cried when I looked in the mirror and thought many of times about ripping them off and just hiding my smile for the rest of my life.

Then I thought to myself this is the ugliest your teeth will ever been and it will only get better from here. This has helped me.

I have been eating ice cream, yogurt, scrambled eggs and liquid breakfast drinks, I am so hungry...

I could probably eat better as it has been 2 weeks but I dont really even like putting that in my mouth as I fear my teeth will be straight but decayed by the time I have finished treatment.If I dont clean all the food out properly.

Anyways it has now been 2 weeks I think their has been a slight change however unsure as I did not take before photos due to I did not want to be reminded of what my teeth looked like - wish I had now.

This is my teeth today 2 weeks since being braced, my 1st adjustment is in 2 weeks 25.10.06 - I cant wait.

[URL=http://img148.imageshack.us/my.php ... .jpg[/img]

Will keep you updated of my progress as I would like to look back myself, plus think its great for people deciding whether or not to take the plunge to have a look at other peoples progress. As untill I see it on my own teeth I still cant believe that 1 day I will have straight teeth and since getting braced will be sooner rather than later

See ya

Lisa65

#2 Post by Lisa65 »

Hi and welcome to the forum. :D

Going to see an orthodontist when you are so embarrassed about your teeth takes guts and you've done the worst bit. You'll be surprised how quickly those wonky wires straighten out. Take another pic in a couple of months, and you'll be amazed at the difference. Crooked teeth aren't a result of poor dental hygiene as a kid. It's just unfortunate that teeth don't always erupt exactly where we want them, and no amount of toothbrushing will change that!

As for eating, there's no need to starve yourself or live on liquids for the next 2 years. Have you got a Waterpik or other kind of water jet? They are invaluable when cleaning gunk out of crowded teeth. Make sure you get a good brushing/flossing/mouthwash routine established to make sure food particles don't linger.

There's no reason why you can't eat pretty much what you ate before braces. The only things I don't eat are popcorn, nuts, whole apples, and large slabs of meat like steak.

It won't be much longer before you don't have to hide your smile. Good luck with it all and keep us posted.

Lisa

Caroline

#3 Post by Caroline »

Congrats on making what is probably the best decision of your life. As Lisa said, it takes guts, and you did it!!! And the best bit is that you have done something for yourself.

Best of luck on your journey!
Ceramics
Top braced January 7, 2005
Bottom braced February 4, 2005
Tops off July 10, 2006!!!
Bottoms off August 15, 2006!!!

butterfly

#4 Post by butterfly »

I can soooo relate :) :)

Looking back I can tell you that wearing braces over crowded teeth feels much better than just having crowded teeth. I felt more confident with the braces on than witout them although my teeth were still a complete mess. Now my teeth are straight with braces on which looks a bit silly LOL Ppl ask me why I do it.

Congrats to your decision. I can see you have big white teeth. In a few months you will be surprised and ppl will ask you the same. :D
Nov 2 05 braced, 1/1/07 debanded & got positioner