Mmmmuuaa's Teeth are Bare! Feb. 20- new pic's. p.8+9

If you want to share the detailed saga of your braces story, this is the place to do it. You can use this forum as a braces journal, editing and updating your posts as your treatment goes on. Remember to also visit the main ArchWired.com site for additional stories from other readers!

ATTENTION NEW MEMBERS: Do not post full-face photos or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Mmmmuuaa

#16 Post by Mmmmuuaa »

Tomorrow morning at 8:30am my braces are being installed. My ortho's office is about and hour drive away which means I have to leave at 7:30am. I'll want to be pretty so I'll be up at 6:30ish. That's early for me. Especially since my 14 mnth old has decided he no longer likes his crib and climbs out and bangs on his door crying a million times a night. I doubt I'll sleep good anyways, I'm so excited. Finally it's the beginning of the end, when I'll have a properly functioning jaw and beautiful smile. I'll take some pic's and post them. Later.

Mmmmuuaa

Updated with pictures.

#17 Post by Mmmmuuaa »

Hey

I've got my braces on finally. So far so good. It's only been 4hrs so I don't feel any pain, just some pressure. Here is a before and after.

joney

#18 Post by joney »

Congratulations Mmmuuaa

Hope it all goes well for you in the coming days. My daughter had a penpal in Winnipeg, Manitoba. It sounds like it gets very cold there in the Winter.

Regards
Joney

Mmmmuuaa

#19 Post by Mmmmuuaa »

Ha ha, it does get cold. Actually drove in a snow storm to the ortho this morning, made me 15 min. late. Don't think they were too happy. Anyway thanks for the support.

snaggletooth steve

#20 Post by snaggletooth steve »

Looks great Mmmmuuaa!! Still holding up ok? My mouth feels 'weird' but not pain yet. I definitely feel the pressure and if I push and certain teeth they feel unhappy a little.

Anyway I hope everything goes smoothly for you! Keep us posted!

steve

fitgirl06

#21 Post by fitgirl06 »

good luck and welcome to the club then! hope everything's still fine!!

Mmmmuuaa

#22 Post by Mmmmuuaa »

Thanks for the support everyone. Things are going good. Less painful than I thought it would be, which is good. Though I find eating more difficult than I imagined. I've heard people say food gets stuck in your braces but I had no idea how MUCH food gets stuck in them. I feel like brushing my teeth after each bite! Well I have about 18 mnths to get used to it I suppose.

Mmmmuuaa

#23 Post by Mmmmuuaa »

Hi All

I just had my first adjustment after 8 wks of being braced. Since my adjustment 2 days ago my teeth are SUPER sensitive to hot and cold. Has this ever happened to anyone else? Does it go away? Sure hope so. Well here are some progress pictures.

Brace Day

8 Weeks, First Adjustment

joney

#24 Post by joney »

Hi Mmmmuuaa

Looking good, I have a spring at the moment can't wait until it does it's job and there is room for my tooth. 8 weeks and you got that movement and the spring off, I think you're doing really well. Hope the sensitivity eases for you soon.

Regards
Joney
2 Extractions 2nd November 2006
Brace On 10th November 2006
Top brace off 26 June 2008 (19 1/2 months)

M1k3y

#25 Post by M1k3y »

Awesome progress so far. So how long will you have to wear braces for?
Braced 5-27-06 - 18 months with braces
Case 1 - minor crookedness
Envision Composite Brackets
M1k3y's introduction with photos
M1k3y's journey with photos

Debranded 3-20-08

Mmmmuuaa

#26 Post by Mmmmuuaa »

Thanks. I've made even more progress. After my next appointmen which is Jan. 24/07 I believe I'll post new pictures again. I'm very happy with how my teeth are looking. I've been smiling big for the camera which I never used to do but now I feel confindent, even with braces. I'll attach a picture of me at Christmas time, you can hardly even tell that I wear braces.

My ortho told me I'd be wearing braces for 18 months. He said I'll probably be ready for elastics on my next appointment. I hope that goes well.

Mmmmuuaa

#27 Post by Mmmmuuaa »

Awwwww, thank you.

M1k3y

#28 Post by M1k3y »

Great to see you smiling in photos now. I was exactly like you until I got braces. Now I smile all the time showing off my teeth. My orthodontist told me 18 months as well so at the end of this year in December I should be done. Hopefully all goes well. :) I too agree with the lucky guy statement. :wink:
Braced 5-27-06 - 18 months with braces
Case 1 - minor crookedness
Envision Composite Brackets
M1k3y's introduction with photos
M1k3y's journey with photos

Debranded 3-20-08

joney

#29 Post by joney »

Mmmmuaa you look so beautiful and your teeth are moving in leaps and bounds. Your brace is barely noticeable. Keep smiling, you have a lovely smile.

Regards
Joney
2 Extractions 2nd November 2006
Brace On 10th November 2006
Top brace off 26 June 2008 (19 1/2 months)

GracieG.

#30 Post by GracieG. »

You go girl!!! You look absolutely fantastic! I am getting braced this next Thursday and I hope that I make the same amount of progress you are making in such a short time! I bet you are thrilled that you are doing this for yourself! Good luck with the rest of your journey!