Damon 3 wearer DEBRACED 5 months early! pics included

If you want to share the detailed saga of your braces story, this is the place to do it. You can use this forum as a braces journal, editing and updating your posts as your treatment goes on. Remember to also visit the main ArchWired.com site for additional stories from other readers!

ATTENTION NEW MEMBERS: Do not post full-face photos or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

calypsojunky

Damon 3 wearer DEBRACED 5 months early! pics included

#1 Post by calypsojunky »

Hi Friends!

I've known for a while now that my treatment time was going to be cut in half because of my speedy progress. Originally my orthodontist said it would take about 12 months total, but now, only after a little over 6 months, I'm done!
I was a little worried that he was rushing me through, and that my teeth wouldn't be completely perfert, but it doesn't look to be the case.
I'm extremely thrilled, please celebrate with me! here are the progress pictures:

Before Braces:

1st day:

2 months:

3 months:

Result (6.5 months):

With clear retainer:

I'm turning 21 next month, and it'll be nice to order a drink without looking like a 12 year old!

M1k3y

#2 Post by M1k3y »

So awesome! I wish my teeth was done in half the time as well. Your teeth look terrific.
Braced 5-27-06 - 18 months with braces
Case 1 - minor crookedness
Envision Composite Brackets
M1k3y's introduction with photos
M1k3y's journey with photos

Debranded 3-20-08

lionfish

#3 Post by lionfish »

Wow, 6.5 months! Maybe we're going through a phase of shortened sentences around here!!

jordan120

#4 Post by jordan120 »

Brilliant, my ortho has also been quoting 12 months tops, hoping that he might also release me early from my Damon 3's...very encouraging:)

Did your Ortho make any particular comment for your early release? Ie, you'd been particularily diligent in looking after them etc?

J

broochie

#5 Post by broochie »

Congratulations !
:-)o :-V :-)o

newmetal

#6 Post by newmetal »

Your teeth look wickid! I hope my teeth start moving as quick soon.

Newmetal

calypsojunky

thanks

#7 Post by calypsojunky »

Thanks for everyone's reply, this website has helped immensely through the past months.
I think what helped the most with my treatment, which also helped speed up the process, was being well-informed of what the orthodontist's intentions were.
Basically after every appointment, my orthodontist would tell me what to expect after the adjustment, and basically what to look out for.
In the last couple of months I made extra appointments quite frequently, as much as once every two weeks, whenever I felt that my teeth had reached their position according to each wire, or when i felt something wasn't quite right.
For example, for one tooth that had to be rotated, they put on a wedge that rotates the tooth, intended for about a week. After just two days, the tooth was obviously already in place, but there was more bend in the wire, which led me to believe it was going to overrotate. I scheduled an appointment, went back, and had it taken out. Turns out that was the right thing to do, they took off the wedge, and it was rotated just enough.
Another time after he rebracketed a tooth, I noticed that it was pushing the tooth up, making it shorther than the others. instead of waiting out the full two weeks, I went back, and had it rebracketed so that it leveled out again.
I don't know if I ended up being kind of a pain in the butt, going in so frequently, but I'm really happy that they accomodated my concerns.

antsika

#8 Post by antsika »

Congrats for being naked already and for the results as well, your teeth look great! :-)o

I think it is a kind of a Xmas present we all dream about... :lol:

Upper and lower Evolution linguals
B-day: 30. 06. 2006
Treatment time app. 2 years