PrincessMelody's journey - adjustment #14 update! Now w/pics

If you want to share the detailed saga of your braces story, this is the place to do it. You can use this forum as a braces journal, editing and updating your posts as your treatment goes on. Remember to also visit the main ArchWired.com site for additional stories from other readers!

ATTENTION NEW MEMBERS: Do not post full-face photos or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

PrincessMelody

#16 Post by PrincessMelody »

Well I had my 3rd adjustment today. I now have my lower arch wired and boy did I forget what the pressure is like when you first get that arch wire on :shock: Its not painful, just a lot of pressure, but I know they will be a little sensitive in the next few days. I kinda like when you first get your wire on because you wire is all wonky and crooked and then in the weeks after it starts straightening out. It's really neat to say. Anywho, I got Christmas ligs :D The assistant just laughed when she asked what colors I wanted today and I replied with a big smile "red and green". I didn't get to ask my ortho about WM and his plans for it. I am kinda dissapointed with myself that I didn't ask but I could tell he had his hands full with another patient that was in there because the assistant kept calling him over there. I'll try to ask next time :? My next appointment isn't until January 12th. The longest I have gone between adjustments. I am sure its because of the holidays. They kinda have to delay eveyone to make sure people who need to come in can come in. Well I'll give you what I am sure you all want to see... PICTURES!! I took some pictures of my left and right profiles. You can see the gaps I have between my teeth a little better and you can also see my canine that sticks out. Enjoy...

Yay for Christmas ligs

The left side... sorry my lip is kinda in the way

The right side and that pesky little canine

And two pictures of my lowers. I like the last one cause you can see my arch well.

I am curious as to what will happen with that canine down there so I will probably take some pictures in a couple weeks to see how its moved. Hope you enjoyed them.
Oh, and one thing I am very glad about... these lower cleats definately do not bother me as much as my upper cleats.
Check out my braces story by clicking the WWW
28 months and 22 days in braces
Now in an upper and lower Hawley retainer.

turrrtlelove22

#17 Post by turrrtlelove22 »

Duh PrincessMelody...I can just come here and see how you are myself...LOL. Didn't think of that... :roll: But your teeth are looking good tho. Loverly Christmas colors!!! I'm going to get pink and green!!! Bold move in my opinon for a first timer. I hope they offer me colors. I'll feel like a dork asking... :oops:

Glad things are going well... :D :D :D
LiFe iS A HoOt iF You arE aN oWL...O.o

Sept. 28 ~ Consult with Orthodontist
Dec. 5 ~ Spacers In
Dec. 12 ~ Braces On!!!

PrincessMelody

#18 Post by PrincessMelody »

Thanks turrrtlelove22. Yes, I really like the Christmas colors. I went out tonight and partied a little too hard. I am super tired and my teeth are pretty sore. I need to take some advil and go to bed. I can already feel that canine moving. There is a lot of pressure there and also in a couple areas where my teeth are a little twisted. But the pain is good... it means my teeth are on the move!

turrrtlelove22

#19 Post by turrrtlelove22 »

Ohhh...party party sounds like you had fun!!! I'm sure you will see some movement in that pesky tooth soon. I can't wait to see some movement of my own!!! I think one of my canines is a little twisted as well. I have felt non-stop pressure in it since day one, but anywho...Good Luck to you... :D :D :D

Dec. 5 ~ Spacers In
Dec. 12 ~ Braces On!!!

antsika

#20 Post by antsika »

Hi PrincessMelody, I just went through your story. Your teeth look nice and I am very interested how your ortho will do the trick with that tooth out of the way! :roll:
Your Xmas colours are nice :lol:

Upper and lower Evolution linguals
B-day: 30. 06. 2006
Treatment time app. 2 years

Louise

#21 Post by Louise »

Hey PrincessMelody. Ive just been reading your story and I was thinking how similar our teeth look, especially our lower arch. It is really weird. I also got Christmas coloured ligs red and green on my last adjustment on Thursday but my green ones are darker than yours.

Anyway, good luck with your braces. I will continue reading your posts. :D

PrincessMelody

#22 Post by PrincessMelody »

turrrtlelove22, yes I did have fun last night but my teeth were definately punishing me last night and this morning. The pressure in that twisted tooth will definately intensify when you get the wire put on.

antsika, thanks I am really interested (but mostly anxious) too

Louise, nice to know there is someone out there with similar teeth. Never met anyone, though, with a WM like me. I wish the green was a little darker, but at least its Christmas colors :D

turrrtlelove22

#23 Post by turrrtlelove22 »

The pressure in that twisted tooth will definately intensify when you get the wire put on.
Ohhhh boy... :cry: The thing is I can't really feel the pressure unless I touch the tooth with my tongue, or bite down on something. The gum there is a little swollen to me. We'll see how things go with that. :D :D :D

Dec. 5 ~ Spacers In
Dec. 12 ~ Braces On!!!

SDFD TSchott

#24 Post by SDFD TSchott »

Louise wrote:Hey PrincessMelody. Ive just been reading your story and I was thinking how similar our teeth look, especially our lower arch. It is really weird. I also got Christmas coloured ligs red and green on my last adjustment on Thursday but my green ones are darker than yours.

Anyway, good luck with your braces. I will continue reading your posts. :D
Alright I know that I'm quoting Lousie but I had to comment about this to PrincessMelody. I've also been readin your story and our treatment is almost similar I had a few extractions myself and I also went with Christmas colored ligs to. Another thing that I'm laughing about is my next adjustment is on January 16th!

SDFD TSchott

Adjustment Sept 14th, 2018
Braces back on August 06, 2018
Braces off April 02, 2008

PrincessMelody

#25 Post by PrincessMelody »

turrrtlelove22, the pressure is only for a few days and then it subsides. For me it was like you said, the pressure was only when it was touched. Except for the first couple days it was a constant dull ache which is pretty manageable with ibuprofen. I've got that ache going on in my bottoms. I kinda fogot what that felt like. I feel loads better than I did last night and this morning. My front teeth are especially sore though because so much exertion is being placed on them from that pesky little canine.

SDFD TSchott, yet another person with similarities to me :D AND we both live in So Cal! Can't forget that one. Too weird that our next adjustment is days within each other. We could decide what colors to do next together, lol.

linda21, thanks. Yes, I am definately willing that canine to move some. That would alleviate a lot of pressure. It just needs to give up its fight and budge, lol. You have a great Christmas and New Years too!

SDFD TSchott

#26 Post by SDFD TSchott »

PrincessMelody wrote:
SDFD TSchott, yet another person with similarities to me :D AND we both live in So Cal! Can't forget that one. Too weird that our next adjustment is days within each other. We could decide what colors to do next together, lol.
Just let me know what colors your doing next and I will determine if I will do the same thing or not!

SDFD TSchott

MarvinBrace

#27 Post by MarvinBrace »

Hello PrincessMelody,

I just want to tell you, that I have the same problem as you the "wayward molar".
I have mine on the right side.
I'm going to get braces very soon and I want to ask you something:
Do you have a spring to make space for your molar?
Does that hurt or feel uncomfortable?

Hope to hear from you.
Bye....Marvin

PrincessMelody

#28 Post by PrincessMelody »

Sure thing Tim. I think I am going to do something with blue. I was thinking maybe blue and black. Or blue and silver. What do you think?

Marvin Brace I am so happy to meet someone that has a wayward molar like me. Somebody that understands me, lol. I dont have anything right now that is being used to move my molar in. I would think that my ortho is going to use a spring to create space for the molar but it is not something I have discussed with him. It seems as though he is more concerned with other things in my mouth than the molar right now. If your ortho starts moving your molar in before mine does, let me know what that's like. I'm curious to find out. I was going to try to ask my ortho when I went in on Friday but I never got the chance to. Gotta keep telling myself that I will next time. I wasn't that concerned with it when I first got my braces on but I think this site has made me more involved with the process, which is a good thing.

PrincessMelody

#29 Post by PrincessMelody »

Well I know there has been movement in my lowers. My left teeth no longer meet. It's quite annoying really but, hey it means there has been lots of movement and its been 3 days since I got my lowers braced.

Here is a picture of them now
and a picture of them 3 days ago

I don't know if it is even visible but I can feel it. My left side doesn't meet at all.

SDFD TSchott

#30 Post by SDFD TSchott »

PrincessMelody wrote:Sure thing Tim. I think I am going to do something with blue. I was thinking maybe blue and black. Or blue and silver. What do you think?
I'm go for Blue, just let me know if your sticking with all blue, alternating from Blue to another or whatever before my appointment.

Also since my last adjustment I have seen loads of changes to my lower jaw!

SDFD TSchott