I've Been Braced, ouch, ouch, ouch (PICTURES NOW ADDED)

If you want to share the detailed saga of your braces story, this is the place to do it. You can use this forum as a braces journal, editing and updating your posts as your treatment goes on. Remember to also visit the main ArchWired.com site for additional stories from other readers!

ATTENTION NEW MEMBERS: Do not post full-face photos or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

sarahxxx

I've Been Braced, ouch, ouch, ouch (PICTURES NOW ADDED)

#1 Post by sarahxxx »

I had my braces on this morning. I was ok with it and did some christmas shopping. However I then became convinced that everyone I spoke to was staring at my teeth. So the remainder of the afternoon was spent in tears as I am not happy with how I look. There is currently an advert on channel 4 for a tv show called ugly Betty, with lots of people in braces, this is very bad timing as I feel like this is me! :cry: My mouth is now very sore and I cannot chew at all. I had some pasta for dinner and thn tried to eat one chocolate but i had to cut it up and suck it!! Well it is only day one so Im sure things will get better over time :D and I know it will be worth it because my teeth are very crooked indeed!
Last edited by sarahxxx on Thu Dec 14, 2006 4:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MarvinBrace

#2 Post by MarvinBrace »

Hi sarahxxx,

Don't feel bad, think about the END RESULT.
I will get them very soon (18th) and this is the only way to keep me motivated, otherwise I would not do it. :roll:

Hope to see before and after pics from you. :wink:
And keep us posted especially these first days.

Bye....Marvin

sarahxxx

#3 Post by sarahxxx »

Thanks MarvinBrace
I have got some pics so must work out how to get them posted soon. I know the end result will justify the means :P but it just takes some getting used to. I had 4 extractions a couple of weeks ago and I got used to my gaps ok. My mouth feels very full of metal at the mo but the sensation will become normal in time i hope. Good luck with getting your braces, how long have you been told you will have to have them on for? x

BlahBlah

#4 Post by BlahBlah »

Aye Sarah.. yay!! Here's to a great smile!!!
What time frame were you given?
You will get used to them in no time... Good luck and have fun!! :lol:

BlahBlah

#5 Post by BlahBlah »

BlahBlah

#6 Post by BlahBlah »

MarvinBrace

#7 Post by MarvinBrace »

Hi sarahxxx,

My time frame is about 24 months. :cry:
I hope that it can be shorter. But like all people say "time does fly". :wink:
In these days I always tell my self this line:'Better 2 years with a mouth with braces than the rest of my life with ugly teeth'.

Bye....Marvin

cowlypso

#8 Post by cowlypso »

I work as a teaching assistant in a lab. One of the girls in the lab has braces. I didn't actually notice her braces until about two weeks ago, after I had gone to my consults and decided to get braces. But from August until then, I hadn't noticed at all.

Brace Face

#9 Post by Brace Face »

Sarah - you will feel better soon I promise!! I've been braced for 9 days now and I stopped taking pain meds on day 4, I've been able to chew food since day 5 and now only use a minimal amount of wax on one of my bottom brackets, so it will get better! Well, until adjustment time of course!!! :D

sarahxxx

Thank you (PICTURES NOW ADDED)

#10 Post by sarahxxx »

Thanks to everyones kind messages. It is very nice to have a place to talk to peolple in similar situations as I don't have any friends with braces at the mo. I have been to work today and it was not too bad although I must relax and smile more naturally. My mouth is aching and have lots of ulcers forming but things are not so bad :lol:

Image Image Image

So this is me and my not so pretty mouth but that will all change, for the better. I have been told that I will be braced for 20 months, so fingers crossed all will go well :banana:

MarvinBrace

#11 Post by MarvinBrace »

Hello sarahxxx,

Nice pics. I hope everything goes Ok with you and as the days pass you will have no more pain/problems with the braces. :wink:

Hope to hear more from you. :lol:

Bye....Marvin

Tin Indian

#12 Post by Tin Indian »

:D Congratulations on joining the club SarahXXX. And thanks for the nice picture update.
Braces on 9/01/2006- Braces off 4/14/08

sarahxxx

Hi Guys

#13 Post by sarahxxx »

Hi guys thanks for the support. I am still eating only soft food at the mo and have lots of ulcers but I am taking KK's advice and have been using salt water rince frequently. Hopefully this will soon help things out. Going out for work Christmas meal on 21/12 so I hope I will be able to manage to eat that ok and not get too much stuck in my brace! :oops: xxxxx

mayday

#14 Post by mayday »

I have yet to get braced (just a few more days), and yes of course at times I think about how long 2+ years may seem, but then I think about how quickly these past 3 years have been.

And we're all young (yes that means you 'older adults' too) so two years compared to the rest of your life is nothing!

--

Oh and thanks Karen for supplying the salt info. Everytime someone tells me to do salt rinses (whether for sore throat or not) they never say how much salt and how much water, so I never knew if it was making a difference.