Why???

If you want to share the detailed saga of your braces story, this is the place to do it. You can use this forum as a braces journal, editing and updating your posts as your treatment goes on. Remember to also visit the main ArchWired.com site for additional stories from other readers!

ATTENTION NEW MEMBERS: Do not post full-face photos or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

dymond25

Why???

#1 Post by dymond25 »

My ortho let my last molars on both the top and bottom unbracketed. Do anyone know why he may have decided to do this? Has anyone else experienced this?

newmetal

#2 Post by newmetal »

yea i dont have mine banded and they are in bad shape but they are not seen.

Sweet L

#3 Post by Sweet L »

Mine are going to get bracketed on 01/02... I have to get molar bands first on 12/26...

dymond25

#4 Post by dymond25 »

Thanks everyone, I am glad to hear that this is indeed common. I will ask him at my next appt. when and if those molars will be bracketed.

tkais

#5 Post by tkais »

Mine have not been bracketed and I've been at this for over 2 years.

lionfish

#6 Post by lionfish »

Well aren't you lucky folks! All my molars, bar one upper wisdom tooth, are bracketed and on the wire. That's 28 teeth that yours truly has to floss every perishing day. I leave the space between the last bracketed tooth and the unbracketed wisdom tooth to floss last because I can't tell you what joy there is to floss that normally! It's like a special little treat I give myself.

LucyVanity

#7 Post by LucyVanity »

none of my last molars are banded/bracketed. My orthodontist hasn't said anything about them, and I'm glad he left them alone ^___^

dymond25

#8 Post by dymond25 »

Lionfish it seems you do have a lot to floss; I wonder why some ortho bracket all molars while other don't. At first, I thought it would be a blessing that my last molars were left unbracketed so that I can eat with them, but it is still hard to eat.

lionfish

#9 Post by lionfish »

dymond25 wrote:Lionfish it seems you do have a lot to floss; I wonder why some ortho bracket all molars while other don't. At first, I thought it would be a blessing that my last molars were left unbracketed so that I can eat with them, but it is still hard to eat.
Well, one gets used to it, one does. Just as well my hands aren't too big that I can't get my fingers into the back of my mouth!

Eating will get better. Keep chewing!

SDFD TSchott

#10 Post by SDFD TSchott »

Mine are left empty, I will ask at my next adjustment to see what he is going to do about that!

SDFD TSchott

Adjustment Sept 14th, 2018
Braces back on August 06, 2018
Braces off April 02, 2008