LithpingLitha's Log *De-braced*

If you want to share the detailed saga of your braces story, this is the place to do it. You can use this forum as a braces journal, editing and updating your posts as your treatment goes on. Remember to also visit the main ArchWired.com site for additional stories from other readers!

ATTENTION NEW MEMBERS: Do not post full-face photos or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Sumendoza

#16 Post by Sumendoza »

WELCOME!!! :-)o

Congrats on getting braced... is a weird feeling but worth it for a beautiful smile! Awesome pictures you took!

Here it is to your progress :-88 and keep us posted :D

LithpingLitha

#17 Post by LithpingLitha »

Thank you for the welcome, Sumendoza. :-88

Emily, the first week went well.
Once I knew I was getting braces, I became obsessive about my oral care which hasn't changed. :-}
The first few days I couldn't floss between all of my top teeth. :( There were 4 spaces up top that were so tight, the Glide floss wouldn't fit. I pulled out the hydroflosser and used it the first few days after flossing the other teeth. Something popped out of one of the spaces. I believe it was some of the moulding material. About the third night, I was able to squeeze the floss between all my teeth, so there have been some changes along my gum line.

My top braces sorta fit between my lips. My top lip isn't long enough to cover, so I'm stretching my bottom lip. It's hard to reach because the gelb keeps my mouth too open. This is another reason I can hardly wait for the bottom braces. :roll:

My left central is tender, but the rest of the teeth feel o.k. now. I used wax a few days because a hook was catching the inside of my cheek and my tongue was raw from the cleats. I'm not wearing it any longer, but I will if I have need. My lips are dry so I'm using Burt's Bee's lip balm. And I'm drinking more water.

I was nervous about eating in public, and brushing my teeth and gelb splint in a public restroom. But, I've eaten out twice! :dance: and it hasn't been a bit deal.

I'm still waiting for the newness to wear off. The first few days I wondered if I could handle these alien, rough things in my mouth. And I will admit that I'm growing more accustomed to eating with the gelb. Though I don't eat as often and it's not enjoyable. I eat much sloooooower now, but I can still eat. :P

LithpingLitha

#18 Post by LithpingLitha »

Hi Litha,
Ya' I remember seeing the movie, but it has been a while. Don't really remember too much detail about it it tho.
I guess I assumed everyone knew the movie reference...ha, joke's on me. :oops: :wink:

LithpingLitha

#19 Post by LithpingLitha »

At a few places that only have those 'hot hand cleaners' and no paper towels ... I first get a a supply of paper from the toilet ... and off I go ... cleaning while imagining I'm on the beach at Natadola in Fiji! :lol:
Now, that's a great attitude! :banana:

barbienightmare

#20 Post by barbienightmare »

hi , thought it sounded like you had just had your on too , well we are nearly twins with our brace dates !
your photos are nice , if that makes sense :roll: , when you see the progress !
I think Im going to get my boyf to do some more of all angles , was a bit difficult doing on the self timer.

LithpingLitha

#21 Post by LithpingLitha »

Our dates are close! :D
I took my photos with a tripod in the bathroom.
I got someone else to take photos, but I wasn't happy with the lighting.
I hope to see progress...and soon. :wink:
22 months in treatment (upper ceramics, gelb on lower arch and then self-ligating brackets), hawley retainers
LithpingLitha's Braces Story

emily25

#22 Post by emily25 »

Hey lisa our dates are the same too lol. just wondering if you have seen any movement yet?

I feel totally used to the braces now, what bout you.?

Sweet L

#23 Post by Sweet L »

HI Litha!

I just wanted to say welcome!! Great pics.... really helpful to compare and see movement!

and... I remember the movie (Jossie andImage....), and I loved it too...

Take care Image

LithpingLitha

#24 Post by LithpingLitha »

emily25, the braces are fine. The gelb...not so much. :evil:
I could go into a nasty rant about the bite plate, but I'm trying to stay positive. ;)

Thanks for the welcome, Sweet L. I'm thrilled someone else remembers the movie. :rawk:
22 months in treatment (upper ceramics, gelb on lower arch and then self-ligating brackets), hawley retainers

LithpingLitha

#25 Post by LithpingLitha »

I'm posting a quick update. My 1st adjustment was scheduled at 6 weeks, so I have two more weeks to go.

A few things...

1) My arch wire has not moved. So many people talk about the wire straightening out and needing to be clipped. My ortho and the assistant mentioned it as a given, but my wire hasn't moved. :(

2) I still experience jaw soreness from the gelb and have noticed popping in my joint

3) I found out last night that my braces glow in the dark. It's puzzling to me since the clear ligs are stained a light yellow. So, now I'm wondering if my clear ligs were glow-in-the-dark from the beginning, if they became that way through staining (doesn't make sense), or if my brackets glow in the dark.

4) I'm paranoid about my right front lateral. The gum surrounding the tooth and along the root is receding. :-((
The tooth jutted out of the arch to begin with...and it seems to be pushing even further out to the point of the root being exposed more. The lateral needed to be pulled back, not pushed out further. The gums have pulled away behind it too. I'm really scared it's just going to fall out.

I'm trying to trust the process and hold out a few more weeks.
I feel discouraged. :cry:

LithpingLitha

#26 Post by LithpingLitha »

oops, double-post
Last edited by LithpingLitha on Sat Mar 03, 2007 11:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

LithpingLitha

#27 Post by LithpingLitha »

sorry, triple-post...I was getting a DeBug error.

lea72104

#28 Post by lea72104 »

Just a question for you. (and welcome by the way!) I should be getting braces here soon and my ortho said something about a bite plane while having braces on the top until he puts the braces on the bottom because of my cross bite. I've googled bite plane and the only thing i can seem to come up with is *anterior* which is for the top. this is probably something i should ask the ortho, but i was just curious as to whether or not you all think he may be refering to the gelb splint as you have?

lea72104

#29 Post by lea72104 »

sorry double post

Tin Indian

#30 Post by Tin Indian »

I would check with your ortho to Litha. Mine has always told me to call anytime I have a question. Its better to ask and know than to not . I write a list of things to ask mine when I go in- just a thought.
Braces on 9/01/2006- Braces off 4/14/08