Barbienightmares beautiful braces are now on !

If you want to share the detailed saga of your braces story, this is the place to do it. You can use this forum as a braces journal, editing and updating your posts as your treatment goes on. Remember to also visit the main ArchWired.com site for additional stories from other readers!

ATTENTION NEW MEMBERS: Do not post full-face photos or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

barbienightmare

Barbienightmares beautiful braces are now on !

#1 Post by barbienightmare »

Well I just had my brace put on about 2 hrs ago!
what can I say apart from aaaaaarrrghhhhhhh! Ive done it!
weird felt like it was never going to happen !
Im actually still very excited and so far no pain just mouth full of junk feeling ! like trout lips !

firt look at them in the mirror was horror and I had to laugh at my self , it doesnt look like the lovley plastic models of teeth with braces on they show you, not that pretty , I look like a wonky teethed brace girl , probably taken 10 years off me though ,
well already im starting to get used to how they look and feel so thats good , I am actualy so much more fine about the whole thing than I thought I would be I had visions of me comeing home and having a little im ugly now cry!
I thought I was just having bottom on today but I have both top as well, top are ceramic which is good cause I couldnt remember what we had agreed on!!! and gold on bottom , I must say the ceramic is quite bulky but Im at the point where I concider my teeth that horrid that nothing could make them worse and at least now I look like Im doing something , my freinds have all been quite jelous and Ive always condiered there teeth as wonderful .
well it didnt hurt, and wasnt to uncomfy either whilre they did it , the worse which wasnt exactly bad was the loudness of the polisher , and I jumped when she put the wire in as it clicks and i though she had sliped with the tool , but she said it sometimes clicks not to worry, all in all it was quick and painless,
infact I actually think the worse bit was the sour face receptionist cause I was late there !!

:D :D :D well Ive taken pics , I will upload later !

:lol:

barbienightmare

#2 Post by barbienightmare »

thanks karen and ken

(no barbie and ken jokes please!! lol)

yes the oral hygeine ! I got given a bag of tricks earlier with brushes and wax ect .!

Ive brushed once just now, very weird , worry incase i break anything, I suppose I will get used to being more hands on with it soon.

So far so good still with no pain , Ive had a couple of minor aches and thought oh here it comes ...then nothing, only had a couple of paracetomal too , !!
theres time yet :shock:

yes and Ive tackled soup so far , after my gut was killing me from hunger, going to do spag bol in a min , guessed it was soft

been eyeing up a bag of kettles crisps but I think I may have to forget that right now!!

havnt got round to uploading pics yet , wil do later hopefully when kids go away and leave me inpeace!!

barbienightmare

#3 Post by barbienightmare »

:D

Nervous

#4 Post by Nervous »

Congratulations, can't wait to see some pictures 8)

LithpingLitha

#5 Post by LithpingLitha »

Congratulations on being newly braced! :-)o
When I looked in the mirror after being newly braced, I was in mild shock. :shock:
I'm slowly coming to terms with my new look. :wink:
22 months in treatment (upper ceramics, gelb on lower arch and then self-ligating brackets), hawley retainers
LithpingLitha's Braces Story

barbienightmare

#6 Post by barbienightmare »

lol! yes I know the feeling my other half has just seen them , I think hes in shock to now and now im in shock again for having shown him!

all of a sudden they felt well bigger than before as soon as I saw him, plus he came in with 12 roses and I was trying not to grin ! which I failed so held a peice of paper infront of my mouth instesd like a d**k

barbienightmare

#7 Post by barbienightmare »

right photos !

[img][img]http://img442.imageshack.us/img442/1672 ... sj9.th.jpg[/img][/img]

[img][img]http://img259.imageshack.us/img259/9830 ... ra5.th.jpg[/img]
[/img]

and I dont normally grimice like these when I smile, thats just for the brace veiwing in the photo !!
I think I actually look quite scarey in these , nothing to do with the brace either !

barbienightmare

#8 Post by barbienightmare »

cheers , They seem to be as big as my teeth!
not to bad for pain either today a coulple of niggles but nothing that over takes my day. eating is fun !

its better than it was , last night I took the food proscessor to some potatoe bake!!

apart from feeling like Ive covered my brace is lumps of food Im actually eating very soft stuff with out discomfort now!! :D and chewing a little
very annoying feeling like you want to use tounge to rid bits on tooth and finding it dosent work like that any mare.
I have wire that goes over a 2 space gap either side of my mouth its very weird catching food around it , I was told to be careful of the wire there as its quite flexible and more likely to pop out!!!
ping !!

yay !

lol! the joys , but Im still so excited , like a kid at christmas ... i keep grinning bearing my teeth at the bloke now , randomly , hes very amused ,and at me trying to pay sky bill over phone with credit card number with such a lisp !! how many times did I repeat some numbers!! lol!

, I just want to see some changes so bad !! !!

cleaning is a bt of atime consumer , i ended up finishing it down stairs in front of tv this morning where I got bored!!

LithpingLitha

#9 Post by LithpingLitha »

Barbie, your braces look fab!
When I glanced in the mirror this morning, I didn't notice my ceramics right away, so maybe there's hope. :)
Are you only correcting for a gap or is there more to your treatment?
22 months in treatment (upper ceramics, gelb on lower arch and then self-ligating brackets), hawley retainers
LithpingLitha's Braces Story

emily25

#10 Post by emily25 »

Hiya barbie i think your pics are great , the braces suit you :) you will get use to them.soon you will smile without bothering to cover it up just like me lol. :wink:

emily25

#11 Post by emily25 »

double post :oops:

barbienightmare

#12 Post by barbienightmare »

yes my side teeth are quite small, all of them are, I have a lot of baby teeth and the gaps either side at back are from losing them and no adult teeth growing , I dont think my gums are swollen , its been ages since I had to have any dental treatment other than obviously the braces.

Origionaly I went to dentist to see if he could fix my smile and was thinking bridges , venneers ect. but apparently my gap is too big so they would look funny also I have a extra bit of skin thing that needs removing because thats what as pushed the front teeth apart, apointment at the hospital should be soon ! so after that the ortho said she would immediatley close the gap quickly before any scar tissue ,
on the top teeth she is bringing the gaps at either side to a one tooth gap space at the moment there 2 teeth wide, then dentist will bridge the gap easier,
the bottom set dont appear to look that bad but I have a deep bite and the front tooth , you can see in the pic as yellower and with no bracket on it , thats a baby tooth and very mobile , its going to come out ery very soon probably by its self it has barley any root, then there closing the gap that leaves, and right at the back the tooth by my wisdom grows sort of sideways , which is really iratating me cause the bracket on it is as if it was on top of a tooth and I cant shut my mouth like beor becase if it, plus its so hard to get to to clean , !!

Im dying to see changes but I thinkuntil my top teeth skin thing is cut then I wont see loads of movement with those teeth.

Sweet L

#13 Post by Sweet L »

Hi barbienightmare!

Welcome...Image

Good luck!! and here's to seeing changes soon :banana:

barbienightmare

#14 Post by barbienightmare »

yes . the lucky gap :lol:

all ways makes me cringe when someone says that to me !!
how is it lucky exactly !
lol!

my latest is people saying that they always thought my teeth were fine and cant see why I would want braces !!

hello ! i have more gaps than teeth!
lol!

good to hear from another lucky gap person, knowing mine is going too!

Thats the bit Im most bothered about seeing change, I reckon I look at it 20 times at least a day to see if its moved a bit!!

arggghh ! a week ... this is going to go slow to begin with isnt it !

well any way , mt teeth dont hurt now at all but ive spent most of the week with wax either side of my mouth at the back its a bugger to get in and Ive eaten most of it !

Im eating most things now but it takes so long and I cant chew properly , I dont think its got anything to do with the brackets , I think its the wire that goes over the 2 big gaps at the sides of my mouth , one is 2 tooth spaces big the other 1 tooth space and i only have 2 teeth at the back of my mouth each side , very lacking in teeth i am , mabeysome of you overcrowded mouthed people can give me a few of your teeth !

:roll: I know im so looking forward to having a ful set of teeth in my mouth at the very end of all this !!

my only other issue is ssssssshh words ! :oops:
I cant do shhhhh words !!
and Im showing my teeth toomuch now , keep grimicing at my bloke a lot , especially when hes telling me something its quite distracting for him !!

all in all I feel uite proud of my teeth scafolding at the min!

barbienightmare

#15 Post by barbienightmare »

guess who couldnt say no to an indian last night :oops:

yes , who was I to think I was better than the dye in the food!

:!:

one week and 3 days in to braces and I was week , and now i sport lumi green/yellow bands !

:x

arghhhhhhh!