At last a date!!!!

If you want to share the detailed saga of your braces story, this is the place to do it. You can use this forum as a braces journal, editing and updating your posts as your treatment goes on. Remember to also visit the main ArchWired.com site for additional stories from other readers!

ATTENTION NEW MEMBERS: Do not post full-face photos or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Ready2go43

At last a date!!!!

#1 Post by Ready2go43 »

I have now finally got a brace fitting day,April 19th,I did explain my reason for me getting braces last year so I wont bore you with the details again.The weird thing is,I thought I had found the right ortho,but have been waiting until I could afford to pay off the treatment at the start in full
(get a good discount,not daft,us tight yorkshiremen lol)anyway to get to the point,the ortho I was going to, said,upper and lower braces,Quad helix for 9-12 months,braces for 24-30 months.Decided to check out one more ortho,who is more local to me,and he told me,braces for 12-18 months,and NO EXPANDER :o he has recommended Damon 3s,and told me he can get better arch form with them,(I have a very narrow upper arch)so that is the road I am taking.
I know a few of you guys have or had Damons,were/are you happy with them.
Now I have a date I am getting very nervous,I hope they ring me to say they have a cancellation,can I come in straight away,I just want to get started now,I have waited so long.
I keep thinking I am mad,but it will be worth it ,no more bad bite,to be able to chew properly,hopefully no more migraines,that is what keeps me positive,6 weeks to a tin grin :)

cas4god

#2 Post by cas4god »

I have a narrow upper arch as well and the orthodontist told me I would need jaw surgery. What are damons? I wonder if they are effective.

I'm glad you got a date :D I bet you can't wait to get those braces on so you get it overwith :D

manglemouth

#3 Post by manglemouth »

Hi Ready2go43!

Congrats on having an official brace day! I know I was ecstatic when I finally had a day to look forward to. I don't have damons so I don't know anything about that. That is indeed a long time to wait, I would try to get in sooner too ...but either way, your day will come and then you too will be on your way to a fabulous smile :pinkbraces:

cas4god

#4 Post by cas4god »

I think i am more than likely going to go with the jaw surgery. I saw how well it worked with Brandy's upper arch and all. :D

mighty mo

#5 Post by mighty mo »

Ready, I totally agree with KK about types of brackets. I have Damons because my ortho uses them. I really didn't know anything about them until I did my own research post-ortho consult. My ortho did not make any promises about shorter treatment time, etc.: he simply told me that he uses Damons. It wasn't till I read the advertising that I knew that any hype existed.

I would use whatever system my ortho recommended, as I trust him implicitly. It sounds like you have a great ortho too, and I'm sure that he is the key to great results.

One thing that I have found with Damons is that the brackets can feel a little jagged - but that might be down to me having a sissy mouth :wink:

I would recommend lots of wax and water. Keeping hydrated is very important: it prevents your mouth drying out and the inside of your mouth from sticking to your brackets.

Roll on April 19th. With this board behind you, you're sure to have a great braces experience :dance:

Marley

#6 Post by Marley »

Ready2go43 - Congrats on getting a brace day!

I have damons. My ortho thought they would be the best bet for me because of my narrow arch. Damons will hopefully give me a fuller smile.