BraceFacePrincess Road To Self Improvement!! My Journey

If you want to share the detailed saga of your braces story, this is the place to do it. You can use this forum as a braces journal, editing and updating your posts as your treatment goes on. Remember to also visit the main ArchWired.com site for additional stories from other readers!

ATTENTION NEW MEMBERS: Do not post full-face photos or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

BraceFacePrincess

BraceFacePrincess Road To Self Improvement!! My Journey

#1 Post by BraceFacePrincess »

Hello everyone, I am new here and yesterday I became a member of the Brace Face club! :D

I'm a 25 year old recent college graduate and most people say that I am a very pretty girl but I've always been self-conscious about my teeth. I have a severe overbite and gap in my top front teeth and it has hindered me in a lot of ways. I never smile, I hate to look people in the eye because I automatically think they are looking at my teeth!

Well, yesterday I decided to take that step and do something that I've always wanted and that was get braces!

I'm kind of worried though because I was only able to get the braces on my top teeth from Bicuspid to Bicuspid because the ortho was concerned about the bone loss in my gums and because I have a partial for my bottom front teeth because they were pulled because of bone loss about 3 years ago. He referred me to their in-house periodontist to see what options I will have while I go through my ortho treatment so as of now I can only have the braces on my top teeth and the periodontist is supposed to treat my gums (I also may have to have jaw surgery) and I guess after that I will see what happens from there. I'm worried because I just want a new smile and I don't know how all of this will affect my journey but I hope that once this is all over I will have a beautiful smile.

Well, as of now with the braces on my top teeth, I'm adjusting to having them on. It's uncomfortable for me to eat right now and when I brush my teeth are a little sore but overall it's not as bad as I thought it would be. I'm going to post pics of my journey also, but I'm kind of ashamed of the way my teeth look right now so I'll post pics once a little movement starts. :)

I'm so grateful for this board. Thanks for letting me share my story. Can't wait to read the feedback.

lionfish

#2 Post by lionfish »

Hi there, BFP,

Congratulations on your decision.

Many of us here have had perio problems, and as many of us have had those problems treated successfully, often with nothing more than a change to our oral hygiene routines.

There is no expectation that you have to post pics if you don't want to. I'm not a big picture poster myself (may have posted two in the last 13 months).

BraceFacePrincess

#3 Post by BraceFacePrincess »

Thanks for the welcome everybody. :D

Ok, so it's only my second day in the Braces but I still feel slight discomfort in my mouth. :( The most uncomfortable part is brushing especially when I use the Sonic toothbrush that the Orthodontist gave me to use and flossing is the worst! I still don't know if I'm doing it right. :? It's sort of frustrating but I'm trying to adjust to it. My upper lip is really sore, I guess from rubbing against the braces, and I've been using the wax but I'm not sure if I'm doing that right either. :? All in all it's been a frustrating weekend for me but hopefully it will get better. :x

BraceFacePrincess

#4 Post by BraceFacePrincess »

I've been eating soup, cheesy potatoes and burrittos for the last few days using only my back teeth. I'm going to try to eat a little more today! :D I was thinking about getting the Catfish SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM because their soft and come in small pieces.

It's still uncomfortable at night when I'm sleep...maybe it's because their moving at night but I'm starting to get used to them 8)